PDA

View Full Version : 1072 mile trip this weekend OH YA!!

my3gs
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Well we r heading out for a nice cool maybe cold cold ride from Enid,OK all the way across Missouri an back 1072 miles ( there an back) to pickup a trailer and to stop by Lens new shop for a sneek peek b4 spyderfest :yes: Weather will be in the 30S the hole trip an now they r sayn a little rain sunday oh well we can deal. This will b r first wekkend ride that we have taken on the NEW RT hope it will b fun we fly by the wire when we travel if we see something we want to look at we stop an look take pics an move on. this shud b a fun trip !! Meet new ppl an have a bite to eat together. think i can smell that smoker already :bbq:possable updates as we go :thumbup:

harrypottar
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Stay warm, wrap up well and stay safe. Have fun...

harry

SpyderAnn01
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Sounds like fun! Ride safe and enjoy and say hi to Len for me.

Rockwall
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Living the dream!!:doorag:

otter28169
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Dress in layers, and make sure you where at least a nylon balaclava. Make sure your sleeves are tucked into your gloves to keep from getting frostbite on your wrists. Do you have heated visors for your helmets? If not and you need to ride with your visor up a little, make sure you are covered from the nose down. Are you planning on wearing bibs? I usually wear my snowmobile gear when I ride and it is below 40 degrees. It will be a little easier for you was an RT has better wind protection. I apologize if it seems like I am preaching, or telling you things you already know. I just wanna help to make sure your trip is fun and safe.
:thumbup:

2 Cruysyn
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Well we r heading out for a nice cool maybe cold cold ride from Enid,OK all the way across Missouri an back 1072 miles ( there an back) to pickup a trailer and to stop by Lens new shop for a sneek peek b4 spyderfest :yes: Weather will be in the 30S the hole trip an now they r sayn a little rain sunday oh well we can deal. This will b r first wekkend ride that we have taken on the NEW RT hope it will b fun we fly by the wire when we travel if we see something we want to look at we stop an look take pics an move on. this shud b a fun trip !! Meet new ppl an have a bite to eat together. think i can smell that smoker already :bbq:possable updates as we go :thumbup:

Stopping in Tulsa on your way thorough?

my3gs
01-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Oh ya passing through Tulsa hoping to make Joplin maybe Springfield 2nyt. We r taken off after i get off work not sure what time i mite squeez out early .That way we can get there on saturday an get back to about the same spot on r way back an take r time on sunday.10+hr driving saturday. Would like to meet an have a coffee on sunday if ur not busy.We will b on 412. PM me if u like. We can trade #s

NitroCircus Spyder
01-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Have a great trip and stay warm! :yes::thumbup:

harrypottar
01-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Dress in layers, and make sure you where at least a nylon balaclava.
:thumbup:

All good advice but you need to expand on the "at least" riding butt naked with just a nylon balaclava your going to freeze.

My "at least" would include socks, underwear, pants, sweater, coat, gloves, boots and the balaclava...... :roflblack:

Harry

otter28169
01-25-2013, 11:02 AM
All good advice but you need to expand on the "at least" riding butt naked with just a nylon balaclava your going to freeze.

My "at least" would include socks, underwear, pants, sweater, coat, gloves, boots and the balaclava...... :roflblack:

Harry

You forgot the 2 bottles of 3 Buck Chuck, from your local Trader Joe's. They would keep you warm too eh?:ohyea:

my3gs
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Ok well we r up an heading to Springfield to checkout Pitbull i need an address ? Thought i seen it oncebut no time to look it up. If somebody could post it it would b a great help . An the weather is n the 30s now hope to b a bit warmer soon!!!!

rcantrell52
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
1324 North Glenstone
Springfield, Mo.

Be safe in your ride

Reese

my3gs
01-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Wow just had a great visit with Len at Pitbull the place is looking good got a pic of us with his new sing they just put up will post later.

my3gs
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Ok we made it half way. We will pickup the trailer an head home n the morning . 9 hrs back home

SporterSpider
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Stay warm and dry if you can and have a safe trip. Ride Safe & Long

my3gs
01-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh what a beautiful morning 32 an rain almost sleet an we have 536 miles to ride 2day most of it n the rain guess rain is better then sleet or snow. Once again thx Len for taking the time to show us the new place an taking r pic with ur new sing an putting it on Facebook . Can't wait for spyderfest !!!!

my3gs
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Well that was some trip!!!:popcorn: We seen Len's New place it will b the best an they r working hard. We got lucky to get the first pic of us an the :f_spider: with the sing that they had just put up. We wish the best for him an his crew:firstplace:. After the visit we took off an headed to Jackson.MO an by the time we got there it was 30 an we had layer after layer on an we were beet! we stayed the nyt had a nice room got warm an some pizza an we were out! Sunday we picked up the trailer an a new pair of Elkas an met some very nice pepole (THX Steve an Connie Mac)an headed out in the rain shortly after it was sleet for a bit oh what fun. We drove almost back to Springfield,MO very wet,( We were the only thang that wasnt wet ) cold an tired we stopped for the day. got up to 60+ outside an cloudy we headed back to the road it was a nice ride an got home just b4 dark. the:f_spider: did very well cant wait to get the Elkas on. Till the next trip :2thumbs:

otter28169
01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Glad to here that the trip was a success! :thumbup:

SporterSpider
01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
WOW what a trip. Glad you got back safe and the Spyder performed well.:clap: Take care.