PDA

View Full Version : Bike Week Myrtle Beach 2013

Wiredux
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Does only one plan on going to Bike Week in Myrtle Beach SC this year?

Plyrod38
01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm thinking there is one in May and one in October. We have a time share at the Yachtsman and usually show up for the last two days of the October run.
I would be open to running down for a few days in May also.

Wiredux
01-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Just let me know. It is only 2 hrs from here. Pretty easy ride for me.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Plyrod38
01-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh Yeah, pretty nice ride.

Hopefully we can get to the May run. Now is the time to make plans.
I've made several trips to Jacksonville from here and actually while in Myrtle Beach I drove up to Jacksonville to meet up with a guy selling parts for one of my old cars, since it was closer than traveling from Rockwell.
I like your avatar, some day I'll figure out how to put one up.

Take Care,
Bill

bruiser
01-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Thinking of going down for a day trip during the fest.

Wiredux
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Looks like we will be there 17-19 may.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

WingmanRT
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
A group of us will be going down again from Charlotte on Weds and renting a condo. Our wives will ride their Spyders/cars down on Friday. Headed back on Sunday. We had a blast last year!

one50npump
02-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I think i'm going to head that way, but i'll be riding my new F6B goldwing.

SpyderDuck
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
A group of us will be going down again from Charlotte on Weds and renting a condo. Our wives will ride their Spyders/cars down on Friday. Headed back on Sunday. We had a blast last year!

I plan to go, too. Maybe I could join your group... I promise to try to not get lost :joke:

Catniption
02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll be there. Anyone care to make a plan to meet somewhere?

WingmanRT
04-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I plan to go, too. Maybe I could join your group... I promise to try to not get lost :joke:
C'mon! We are leaving early early early Wednesday, riding the back roads to Murrell's Inlet.

SpyderDuck
04-06-2013, 08:34 PM
C'mon! We are leaving early early early Wednesday, riding the back roads to Murrell's Inlet.

OK, just let me know when and where we can meet, hopefully someplace easy to find, lol! I'll have a friend with me, riding a V-Star. We're staying in Myrtle Beach, near Broadway at the Beach (deluxe free accommodations - my parents), but as long as we can get to 17, we're good.

spyderpoop
04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
when is the gathering their I heard it was dated for 2014 on line so when is it then this year ? ?

wildbill6565
04-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Be sure to let us know when and where to meet!
Bill & Liz Hester

I'll be there. Anyone care to make a plan to meet somewhere?

WingmanRT
04-24-2013, 07:52 PM
OK, just let me know when and where we can meet, hopefully someplace easy to find, lol! I'll have a friend with me, riding a V-Star. We're staying in Myrtle Beach, near Broadway at the Beach (deluxe free accommodations - my parents), but as long as we can get to 17, we're good.
SpyderDuck,
We are leaving from (near) Rea Rd & 485 in South Charlotte and going down 521 to take back roads to Myrtle. Did it last year and except for the lightning storm was HUGE fun!

I think we are leaving here about 8am so we get down there about noonish to make the most of the day. We staying in a condo in Surfside. The more the merrier. I am riding down with a buddy on a Victory and one on a Honda 1300. My wife is joining us on her RT the next day or Friday.

There is some talk about trying to go down on Tuesday instead of Weds. but that hasn't been discussed at any length.

Last year:

SpyderDuck
04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
521 is the route I usually take, so that is great. Now, just settle on a date, lol!

I got caught in a hailstorm on the way home last year.

So, for meeting... lunch Friday or Saturday, maybe? Perhaps at the Hard Rock for pics in front of the pyramid? What think ye all?

WingmanRT
04-30-2013, 09:43 AM
521 is the route I usually take, so that is great. Now, just settle on a date, lol!
I got caught in a hailstorm on the way home last year.
So, for meeting... lunch Friday or Saturday, maybe? Perhaps at the Hard Rock for pics in front of the pyramid? What think ye all?
I just heard from one of my crew that he now has to work on Tuesday so we are are back locked on to leave Charlotte on early Weds AM. Hard to say on a meet up. I am dealing with 7 other people's weekend agenda. We can work that out on the phone once we are down there. Hard Rock sounds like a good spot, Easy to find.

Lady D
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I will be in Myrtle Beach Thursday through Sunday with the Behind Barz magazine crew....oh you can see a Spyder Article in the May/June Issue.