PDA

View Full Version : EBC brake pad

sergentwoody
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
hello!! which one are the best.
EBC semi-sintered or organic ? still have oem disc

ulflyer
01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I had the semi installed on my rear wheel recently that I got from BajaRon and its more positive than OEM and best of all does not SQUEAL! Fronts have a tiny bit of squawk now and then so before too much longer I'll change them out myself...again with Rons products. Good man to deal with.:thumbup:

sergentwoody
01-25-2013, 06:54 AM
so the best it's semi-sintered ?

docdoru
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I had the semi installed on my rear wheel recently that I got from BajaRon and its more positive than OEM and best of all does not SQUEAL! Fronts have a tiny bit of squawk now and then so before too much longer I'll change them out myself...again with Rons products. Good man to deal with.:thumbup:
:agree: with 3 rotors and front-rear pads without any issues over 60K miles nojoke :thumbup:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/IMG_20120109_195219.jpg?t=1326157012

BajaRon
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
so the best it's semi-sintered ?

Semi-Sintered is the way to go. I don't even carry the EBC organic pads. For me, stopping is the #1 priority for my braking system on the Spyder. The challenge is to find good stoppers with no noise. Organic isn't bad, it just isn't as good as it can be. It isn't like you can change your pads when you really need that extra stopping power.

Originally the Spyder came with a semi-metallic brake pads.
Advantages - short stopping distance, high resistance to fade, long life, good brake feel feedback.
Disadvantages - Hard on rotors, can be very noisy, puts off dust that will rust and adhere to surfaces, more expensive than organic.

Semi-Metallic pads use chunks of steel embedded into the pad. That is why the dust will rust, wear the rotors faster and why they make noise (metal to metal).

BRP went to an organic pad to resolve noise issues.
Advantages - low noise, easy on the rotors, least expensive of the 3.
Disadvantages - less stopping power, more susceptible to fade, shorter pad life, less brake feel feedback. (same is true for any Organic pad including the EBC brand).

EBC makes a fully sintered pad for racing but it is not practical for street use. Many customers were not satisfied with the organic pads so EBC came up with the Semi-Sintered pad, using the race technology but in a steetable format. This pad combines a high quality organic compound with a copper alloy material. This really gives you the best of all worlds.
Advantages - Copper absorbs heat better than steel or organic, better stopping power and more resistance to fade than semi-metallic or organic, easy on the rotors, longer life than organic, equal to organic for low noise issues, good brake feel feedback.
Disadvantages - most expensive of the 3, wears out faster than semi-metallic.

Texmac1011
01-25-2013, 07:27 PM
I got the pads from Baja Ron. Now, if my wife would just use her brakes and wear out what she has, I might get to put them on. ;)

sergentwoody
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
thanks for the reply :ohyea: