PDA

View Full Version : Need a tow !

seansr917
01-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Who/what, towing service do you use when spyder needs towed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tierhog
01-21-2013, 06:16 AM
I haven't needed it yet, however my insurance covers up to 100 miles if stranded. I would presume a flatbed tow truck would be used.

NancysToy
01-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Depends on your insurance, BEST warranty, etc. If you have road service, just call the number. Otherwise, search the Internet or the Yellow Pages. Be sure to tell them you need a flatbed tow. The tie-down instructions are in your manual. You may need your own tie-downs to avoid damaging the wheels. A microsoft towel or similar pad between the strap and the wheel makes a good pad.

Texmac1011
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
AAA. My towing is free for the 1st 100 miles.

mcaccamise
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
+1 triple A towing on a flat bed.

SporterSpider
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
I have AAA Premier RV Service because it has 200 mi. free towing.

sabunim5
01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
If you are an American Motorcyclist Association member towing is one of their services, even for your 4 wheelers. :thumbup:

seansr917
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks, was wondering if motorcycles required a different service. Or a separate service for spyders.

boborgera
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks, was wondering if motorcycles required a different service. Or a separate service for spyders.

Just let the towing service know you need a flat bed.

Sarge707
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
If you are an American Motorcyclist Association member towing is on of their services, even for your 4 wheelers. :thumbup:

I also have the AMA. If you sign up for automatic payment each year(About $50) you get the Free towing by Road America which is the same service BRP uses.
The good thing about AMA is they will tow your Spyder 35 Miles No Charge or your Personal vehicle and they cover trailers like my Jet Ski trailer if I blow a Bearing at the River. (They don,t tow Utility trailers and I think the trailers Must be under 2000 Pounds?).

I also have BRP towing on the New RT which covers $200 and the LAST one I would use is My Foremost because I would fear a Rate hike the Next Year and BEWARE-- Foremost only covers $250 for Free- This was told to me directly from a claims person-Don,t believe that Agent that says "O Yaah, They tow you that Far???":yikes:

JkRbbt
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Think I will be going with AAA. Just checked this afternoon. I was told that by virtue of upgrading to the Premier status, towing is included, 5 tows per year off 100 miles with 1 tow allowing 200 miles. Hopefully my new ride will not require more than 5 tows per year or I will be heading back to the BMW dealer! :) Was told, in SD, I do NOT need an RV rider for Spydey or a motorcycle. She said that 30 of the 50 states do NOT require a special RV rider and 20 do. That cleared up some of the confusion for me on comments here. Now, I guess, I can go with the BEST warranty program for the mechanics of the machine without having to get the BEST Plus for towing.

Bonniele
03-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Our insurance does not tow motorcycles. We live in a rather remote area. I signed both Spyders up with GOOD SAM club for towing. $75.00 a year (includes both). We will be carrying our own straps because my husband has towed ours to Redding (weather not permitting riding) on our flatbed. He knows what is needed to protect those wheels.

Chupaca
03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Depends on your insurance, BEST warranty, etc. If you have road service, just call the number. Otherwise, search the Internet or the Yellow Pages. Be sure to tell them you need a flatbed tow. The tie-down instructions are in your manual. You may need your own tie-downs to avoid damaging the wheels. A microsoft towel or similar pad between the strap and the wheel makes a good pad.

:agree: Man knows whats best for our spyders...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Flat bed is recommended if a tow is needed. I dread the thought of even needing a tow. All the service for :spyder2: is within a 25 mile radius of Anchorage. The rest of AK has nothing as far as :ani29: service. The good side, out of 58,000 :spyder2: miles, I have needed one tow. From my back yard to the dealer--when I broke the belt trying to get out of an icy driveway. Another story, from another day though.

GuitarPlayer
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
My dealer told me, and I verified this on the BRP web site, that the 2013 Warranty and any BEST warranty purchased include Roadside assistance. Not sure what all that contains, but it's there.

Tony

Sarge707
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
My dealer told me, and I verified this on the BRP web site, that the 2013 Warranty and any BEST warranty purchased include Roadside assistance. Not sure what all that contains, but it's there.

Tony

The BRP towing assistance covers the first $200 and anything else comes from your pocket or you call another towing service like your insurance towing service to take over from there.