PDA

View Full Version : Got the word today

wildwillie
03-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Talked to my dealership today just got 6 spyders in today (Champion power sports belleville MI) I get one of them 262 days after I ordered it. Still don't know the # of it will post when I find out.wildwillie :bigthumbsup:

I new that was to good to be true .My salesman called told me said that all 6 bikes were silver and I ordered a yellow so I guess I'm still waiting.I 'm not even going to commit on it some how I expected it.Every thing is normal for this Co.wildwillie :spyder: :cus:

RocketLady
03-28-2008, 09:22 PM
:congrats: Are you picking it up soon. Let us know when you have Spyder home and what color?

incy
03-29-2008, 03:20 AM
woo hoo congratulations

not long now and you will be riding your spyder and from there its grins all the way

Lamonster
03-29-2008, 07:25 AM
:congrats:
My dealer called me yesterday to tell me they had 3 silver and 1 yellow on the floor ready to go if anyone needed one. Too bad these guys have 4 Spyders that are not sold while others are still waiting on theirs. ::)

jeuchler
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
...My dealer called me yesterday to tell me they had 3 silver and 1 yellow on the floor ready to go if anyone needed one. Too bad these guys have 4 Spyders that are not sold while others are still waiting on theirs. ::)

Huh.

Could you ask him if a silver one was supposed to go to Massachusetts?! :'(

(Eleven months, fourteen days since deposit. Two days before the "deadline." No Spyder in garage.)

Lamonster
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Huh.

Could you ask him if a silver one was supposed to go to Massachusetts?! :'(

(Eleven months, fourteen days since deposit. Two days before the "deadline." No Spyder in garage.)

That ain't right, you should have yours before any dealer has extras on the floor. I would be ticked off too. :edit:

jeuchler
03-29-2008, 10:39 AM
That ain't right, you should have yours before any dealer has extras on the floor. I would be ticked off too. :edit:

Waiting for a call back from the dealer right this minute.

I suppose I'll still be upset if he says "Oh, I was gonna call you..."

I know I'll be upset if he says "Nope. Nuthin' yet."

(Somehow, I'd like it a bit better if I "got the call" like everyone else!)

I will say that after spending nearly a full year waiting and reading this message board, that I will probably be the most prepared Spyder ryder if I ever get it!

RocketLady
03-29-2008, 12:01 PM
This is exactly why I personally would not put a deposit down on a new Spyder(SE5) now because I would really be angry if a dealer got his order before a waiting customer. It isn't right and I do think we who have this opportunity to learn from others on this site, know more than the dealers ! Thanks Lamont for all that you do to keep us informed ! :bigthumbsup:

trikester
03-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I could have had a silver one almost two months ago but I'm still waiting for a yellow one. I put my deposit down in early June. I was at the dealer yesterday (3/28) looking at a folding Kendon trailer that's big enough for the Spyder or the many other goodies I sometimes need to transport. While there, I checked on my Spyder order and the salesman said he had a report that it was shipped a couple of days ago so hopefully next week I will pick up a Spyder and a folding trailer.

wildwillie
03-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Lamont is right all the P/E should be delivered before any extras be delivered. If I was you I would try to get one of those extras at Lamont dealer if he will give you the P/E price,and get your money back from your dealer.wildwillie

jeuchler
03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Lamont is right all the P/E should be delivered before any extras be delivered. If I was you I would try to get one of those extras at Lamont dealer if he will give you the P/E price,and get your money back from your dealer.wildwillie

Thanks, wildwillie.

I can't say that I haven't considered it. I'm weighing the options, and calming myself down: It's 20 degrees outside, lots of salt and sand on the road, my garage could be cleaner...

I'm hoping my dealer got the crates last night or will get them Monday, then BRP's promise will still hold, I guess.

(Also, I don't know how willingly they'd return my deposit...)

bjeffrey
03-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I got "MY CALL" yesterday. I had ordered a silver (or yellow if silver wasn't available yet) back in late Sept. The sales person called me and said he had a yellow coming in next week (this week now) and asked if I wanted it. I had to jump on the internet to learn the "Running Man" dance. :joke: I'm excited.I'm taking the yellow. Monday I'll get the VIN so I can get insurance. Formost was $808 full coverage in Michigan, I'm going to check around.

Pictures soon.

trikester
03-30-2008, 01:11 PM
It is becoming obvious that Can Am is not shipping evenly to dealers around the country. I put my deposit down in early June and still don't have mine; and yet some people who ordered last Fall have had their's delivered to their dealers. :(

dltang
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I got "MY CALL" yesterday. I had ordered a silver (or yellow if silver wasn't available yet) back in late Sept. The sales person called me and said he had a yellow coming in next week (this week now) and asked if I wanted it. I had to jump on the internet to learn the "Running Man" dance. :joke: I'm excited.I'm taking the yellow. Monday I'll get the VIN so I can get insurance. Formost was $808 full coverage in Michigan, I'm going to check around.

Pictures soon.

I sent you a PM regarding insurance. I am in Michigan too and just got my Spyder yesterday and I love it. I think if you call the agent I gave you, you'll get a much better price.

LittleJohn
03-31-2008, 01:33 PM
:congrats:
My dealer called me yesterday to tell me they had 3 silver and 1 yellow on the floor ready to go if anyone needed one. Too bad these guys have 4 Spyders that are not sold while others are still waiting on theirs. ::)

Lamont,
Where / Who is your dealer? I might hafta start hunting down in stock ones if the price is right and get mine earlier than I thought now that Ive ridden one....LOL

Lamonster
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Lamont,
Where / Who is your dealer? I might hafta start hunting down in stock ones if the price is right and get mine earlier than I thought now that Ive ridden one....LOL

Fly out and drive it home, that's what I did. ;D :doorag:

http://www.motorsportstampa.com

I think the new Spyder guy is Steve. 800-237-3599

BOHICA
03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Lamont,

LJ...check with Jimmy Smith at Pensacola Motorsports (850-456-6655)...another top notch dealer. Flew there and rode mine back to Austin.

LittleJohn
03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Fly out and drive it home, that's what I did. ;D :doorag:

http://www.motorsportstampa.com

I think the new Spyder guy is Steve. 800-237-3599

A definite possibility!!!
I did that with my ST1300 in Corinth MS when I bought it.
I work for an airline, so cost of flight is not a factor!!! :bigthumbsup:

Thanks!!!

LittleJohn
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
LJ...check with Jimmy Smith at Pensacola Motorsports (850-456-6655)...another top notch dealer. Flew there and rode mine back to Austin.

Thanks!!!!
Ill give him a jingle!

jeuchler
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I guess that I should've started a new thread with the heading "now I will stop whining to you all."

I received an email this p.m. right before I was going to call the dealer:

My silver Spyder is resting comfortably in a crate at the dealership an hour away!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now for the next wait, 'cuz when I just spoke with him, I was told "Gee, I don't know if I can have it assembled by tomorrow night..."

Boy, this waiting is e x h a u s t i n g !

PAJAK
03-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Mine is sitting ready to go out the door today ......... :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit:RAINY weather here ill pick it up on tuesday instead :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

bjeffrey
04-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Pictures soon.

I've been bugging my sales rep since his initial call saying my Spyder was on it's way. I finally got out of him today "Your unit was released to us 14 days ago we already have vin # marcus has a call in to track it down, as soon as I have some news I will pass it along to you."

MY SPYDER IS MISSING :'(

I'm more laughing inside than pissed.

csmead
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I've been bugging my sales rep since his initial call saying my Spyder was on it's way. I finally got out of him today "Your unit was released to us 14 days ago we already have vin # marcus has a call in to track it down, as soon as I have some news I will pass it along to you."

...don't ya just hate it when they call and get you all excited, then lose your bike/parts/order, etc? I could have just called one of those 900 number and got the same crap :joke:

dltang
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM

That isn't really funny, I feel so bad for you. I hope they find it soon and get it too you. By the way did you get a better insurance quote from Marc Fischer? We are only paying $435 each for full coverage for a whole year.

bjeffrey
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I did call Marc Fischer that day and got a pretty good quote at $516. He called back yesterday to check on our spyder delivery. My wife happened to mention our 2 sons (18 and 21) living at home...WOOPS, The quote jumped too $2100. Both my sons ride - Triumph Daytona 600 and a GSXR 1000.