PDA

View Full Version : Brakelight conversion from Evoluzione

RocketLady
03-27-2008, 01:40 PM
The brakelight conversion from Evoluzione is a great modification. I feel safer- the turn signal and brake light flash fast when turn signal is turned on and when I brake goes back to normal, both blinking together. I feel much more visable from the back. Safety is where it's at ! :bigthumbsup:

spyderrider44
04-07-2008, 02:21 AM
:agree: i have that setup on my HD and like it a lot . Was it an easy plug in? I also like to be as visable as possible :congrats: to you

Magic Man
04-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Rear visibility is something I worry about too!

I have the new run, brake, turn unit on my Spyder From Street Magic Cycle Products along with the High output Genesis LEDs in red in the turn signals.The tail light and both turn signals work all the time as a running light and when I step on the brake they all work together as a Brake light. The directionals still work as normal as turn signals and with the super bright Genesis LEDs in them my rear visiability is 100% better that it was before. Lamonster will be getting one of these kits to try out on his Spyder when it gets home from Bustec. The unit along with the rear Genesis LED turn signals will come as a total plug and play system.

Ride safe

pphantom538
04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
what is the product ID or unit number for the spyder conversion?

Lamonster
04-18-2008, 08:18 PM

I have the new run, brake, turn unit on my Spyder From Street Magic Cycle Products along with the High output Genesis LEDs in red in the turn signals.The tail light and both turn signals work all the time as a running light and when I step on the brake they all work together as a Brake light. The directionals still work as normal as turn signals and with the super bright Genesis LEDs in them my rear visiability is 100% better that it was before. Lamonster will be getting one of these kits to try out on his Spyder when it gets home from Bustec. The unit along with the rear Genesis LED turn signals will come as a total plug and play system.

Ride safe
http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=780.0 :doorag:

Rando
04-18-2008, 08:53 PM

Ride safe

Do you know if this is legal in all states?

Lamonster
04-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you know if this is legal in all states?

These are red, not amber so you should be fine as far as I know. :doorag:

Magic Man
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
This setup with the red Genesis LEDs is all 50 states legal because the LEDs are red. Some other kits out there which have the stock incandescent amber lights coming on with the brake light which is illegal in all states as brake lights in America must be red.

dltang
04-19-2008, 03:39 PM
:agree: i have that setup on my HD and like it a lot . Was it an easy plug in? I also like to be as visable as possible :congrats: to you

My husband and I just got done installing our Brake Light Conversion kits from Ken and it was very easy. The instructions are concise and perfect. The lights work great. I worked on mine as my husband worked on his, side by side in the garage. We love our Spyders and we want to stay safe on them.

mastertek2000
03-27-2012, 05:16 AM
does any one know where i can buy this item ???

wyliec
03-27-2012, 08:05 AM
does any one know where i can buy this item ???

If you are talking the ones from Evoluzione, they are out of business; unless, you can find them on e-bay.

I have the ones you can purchase from Custom Dynamics or ESI. They have a few different items for the taillights and rear turn signals to alert those behind you.

I have the LED's in the rear turn signals and taillights. The turn signals act as running lights, brake lights, and of course turn signals The turn signals blink 3 times when the brakes are first depressed. I also just installed the mod for the taillights with 10 settings. I have it set to blink 7 times and then stay on constant for 3 seconds and then it repeats as long as your foot is on the brake.

joet82
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
My kit is from Custom Dynamics, I love it. It also has an all in one adapter to turn all the lights in the rear to at least brake and running lights, if not brake/running/turn lights. I have a couple pics loaded in my album. :-)

mastertek2000
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
There was-spyder dealer in WI that had one for sale that is where he his from. It seams the he is have some personal problems there is no ETA when they will open again