PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo 660 + iPhone 5 w/Bluetooth = Headaches!

kinggeek
01-19-2013, 04:37 PM
All,

I have been having fits with my Bluetooth connectivity ever since I got my iPhone 5 and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and hopefully found a fix. My setup is as follows:

iPhone 5 -> Zumo 660 -> Scala G4

This all worked FLAWLESSLY with my BlackberryTorch -> Zumo 660 -> Scala G4 configuration.

But since switching to the iPhone I cannot actually answer and complete a incoming call. When I answer the call both parties can hear the other say hello then the communication goes dead despite the phone and the zumo both showing the call is still active. You can even hear the audio click to silence. It is REALLY annoying! Granted I am not constantly riding around chatting on the phone while riding but it is a VERY NICE feature to have when you need it.

The below details others having issues with MANY different types of vehicles, cars and motorcycles alike with EXACTLY the same issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4349029?start=0&tstart=0

If you read far enough you will see many vehicle manufacturers have issues fixes to their navigation systems in cars to allow this to work.

Anyone else had issues and fixed them? I am calling Garmin now.

Edit 4/1/2013: Tried the latest iPhone 5 update 6.1.3 and now my Garmin Zumo660 + iPhone 5 + Scala G4 Bluetooth setup seems to work as it used to.:yes:

spyder3
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
King, its an iPhone 5 issue. Go to the apple iPhone 5 forums. i have the same issue with incoming calls. :dontknow:
My evo worked perfectly. The last iOS update fixed the issue with my car, but not with garmin setup.

kinggeek
03-27-2013, 07:03 PM
King, its an iPhone 5 issue. Go to the apple iPhone 5 forums. i have the same issue with incoming calls. :dontknow:
My evo worked perfectly. The last iOS update fixed the issue with my car, but not with garmin setup.

LI heard exactly the opposite that Apple is saying th GPS vendors need to fix it. Not holding my breath.

Anyone had any success with this or heard about any fixes on the way Crome either Garmin or Apple?

dave01
03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Lets see, it works great with my Droids and my Iphone 4s, so I would have to say an Iphone 5 issue. Have not heard about any fixes yet though.

kinggeek
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Tried the latest iPhone 5 update 6.1.3 and now my Garmin Zumo660 + iPhone 5 + Scala G4 Bluetooth setup seems to work as it used to.

FunToRide
06-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Glad to know the problem is fixed since I have the same configuration. It will be nice if iPod music can be routed to zumo and then to scala G4. I am struggling to have all sources of communication and music integrated into one. If this works then it will be the ultimate setup. Any body has luck with it?

kinggeek
07-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Glad to know the problem is fixed since I have the same configuration. It will be nice if iPod music can be routed to zumo and then to scala G4. I am struggling to have all sources of communication and music integrated into one. If this works then it will be the ultimate setup. Any body has luck with it?

I run my iPod through the built-in audio system in the trunk. You cannot send audio from iPod thu the zumo to the headset that I am aware of.