PDA

View Full Version : where to go

otter28169
01-18-2013, 01:30 PM
With all of the snow here, and my recent stint of retirement planning, I got to thinkin about retirement. Now I know it is a long way off, but I got to wondering what I would do once I was done working, and/or where I might go. so here's the question: If you were retired with a spyder and gas money, where would you go? I was thinking Kodak, Tennessee. My wife has family in the area and we go there once a year. I love the area. Great scenery, winding roads, nice people and decent weather. Not to mention the town has it's own spyder dealership :D.

Littlebadwolf
01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
With all of the snow here, and my recent stint of retirement planning, I got to thinkin about retirement. Now I know it is a long way off, but I got to wondering what I would do once I was done working, and/or where I might go. so here's the question: If you were retired with a spyder and gas money, where would you go? I was thinking Kodak, Tennessee. My wife has family in the area and we go there once a year. I love the area. Great scenery, winding roads, nice people and decent weather. Not to mention the town has it's own spyder dealership :D.

Hard to beat the eastern area in TN..Great riding, good people and beautiful scenery...Cindi and I have our house on the market now and looking at a move to eith Eastern TN, Louisville, KY or somewhere in the St Louis or Ozark area of Missouri.

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
The Missus and I are looking at North Carolina right now... Specifically, the area around Asheville.
All we need to do is unload the house, office and business and we're out of here! :thumbup:

bcoulter19
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Huntsville, Al. , the Rocket city a few hundred thousand people from all over the country and just about everything you could want. not to hot in the summer and generally not to cold in the winter and only a few hours from the beach and the mountains if your so inclined. great place to live. its only about 20 miles from tennesse line. :D

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Funny that you should mention that; I just had a client in our office extolling the virtues of Northern Alabama! :thumbup:

boborgera
01-18-2013, 02:54 PM
The Missus and I are looking at North Carolina right now... Specifically, the area around Asheville.
All we need to do is unload the house, office and business and we're out of here! :thumbup:

My Sister and her husband had a farm not too from Asheville, I wish they still had it,
I great location, If i remember correctly the town was Cullowhee.
Anther thing about that area, It's one of only two places in the Country where it's'
Possible to be your own Father. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 02:57 PM
:shocked: Now you've got my feeble brain working overtime on THAT problem... :roflblack: :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7x1ETPkZsk

ARtraveler
01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
There are really a lot of nice places to head off to for retirement. I like where I am---BUT---the winters are too long and the summers to short for my liking. I will keep watching what others have to say about the subject though. :bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 03:02 PM
So if we can coax you down into the lower 48 when you get tired-enough of those long Winters... :thumbup:

asp125
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
here's the question: If you were retired with a spyder and gas money, where would you go?

Still a few years off for me.

Hmmm.. there's a Spyder dealer in Belize, Thailand, Australia, Ireland... decisions decisions. ;)

NancysToy
01-18-2013, 07:54 PM
We considered Eastern Tennnessee or Western North Carolina, but in the end it was too hard to break away from family and the SW Michigan we love. We are building our dream home about an hour from where we are now. Sometimes the grass is just as green in your own back yard.

bruiser
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
We live in eastern NC. Two hours from the coast and six hours from Asheville. We like the Boone/East Tennessee area. However, due to the requirements for our special needs daughter we can't move there. So we have to be content with visiting. We have friends who moved to Huntsville Ala. last year. He works at Redstone. They had a house built and just moved in. I've been to that area and it is nice.

SteveMac
01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I am waiting to see where our son lands after he finishes pharmacy school. I have my fingers crossed that he heads south! Then we will move to within easy driving distance to him, wherever that may be!!!!

I'm thinking I may try to sway him to the Texas gulf coast area. God Blessed Texas and that's good enough for me!

;););)

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 08:57 PM
:shocked: But Steve; I thought that you already lived in Biker's Heaven...

SteveMac
01-18-2013, 09:10 PM
:shocked: But Steve; I thought that you already lived in Biker's Heaven...

Heaven is where the family is my brother!
Who knows, he may stick around here, but rest assured, mom and pop will be happy either way!

SpyderAnn01
01-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Still a few years off for me.
[/COLOR]
Hmmm.. there's a Spyder dealer in Belize, Thailand, Australia, Ireland... decisions decisions. ;)

Is there really a Spyder in Belize? I was pushing hard for Belize but my husband vetoed it because there weren't enough good roads. I've been in Las Vegas for a year and I really like it. We just had about a week of winter and now we are heading back to the mid to upper 60s. Cost of living is pretty low and there is plenty to do. Low humidity and very few bugs!

bruiser
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes Ann, and some nice riding. Not far from California, Arizona or Utah.

Chupaca
01-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Strange that all the chatter is east coast, now I retired and went west maybe thats why the roads are clearer here...love it...try it:ohyea:

Bob Denman
01-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Can't leave this miserable weather, someone has to stay to endure it.

And your Boa Ski would miss you... :shocked: