PDA

View Full Version : Bad Key ???

spyder114
03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey out there has anyone had a "BAD KEY" come up when trying to start your spyder ? I was riding all afternoon came home, parked it, half an hour later went to start it, the normal starting scroll then "BAD KEY". If there is any idea what could be the problem please let let me know. I went and got the extra key, that did not make any difference at all. Thanks

Spyder # 114

Lamonster
03-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a dealer thing. :dontknow:

spyder114
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey out there has anyone had a "BAD KEY" come up when trying to start your spyder ? I was riding all afternoon came home, parked it, half an hour later went to start it, the normal starting scroll then "BAD KEY". If there is any idea what could be the problem please let let me know. I went and got the extra key, that did not make any difference at all. Thanks

Spyder # 114
OK, here's the problem. The ignition system and antenna needs to be replaced. It's not transmitting a signal to the key fob. Thanks to 3G Spyder, Miguel

thanks so much

Spyder # 114 John

Lamonster
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
OK, here's the problem. The ignition system and antenna needs to be replaced. It's not transmitting a signal to the key fob. Thanks to 3G Spyder, Miguel

thanks so much

Spyder # 114 John

Maybe the key didn't know it was in a Can-Am with all the stickers gone. ;D :spyder: :joke:

ld271
03-25-2008, 02:01 PM
yes it happened to me the dealer had to replace the switch and key it took 1 week both key would not work go a new one no problems sence

barb36jack31
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Another key story - I was called by the dealer that my Spyder was ready for pick-up. Went to dealer, paid my money and was ready to leave when I was advised that the key had been misplaced. They turned the dealership upside down searching for it, but it never was found. They called BRP and a new set of keys was overnighted from Canada and were programmed by the dealer. All is well and everything works fine.

Jack H.