PDA

View Full Version : getting 1 step closer.

spydermyke990
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
After entering a quote request on BRP's "build & price" feature for the sts, and including my intention to trade in my 2009 can am renegade 800x, i got a call from the dealership asking me when i can bring my machine, it seems there is a demand for good used machine. hoping to get a good price, at least near blue book, since the quad hasn't been ridden for at least a year(except started up and taken around the yard, there very few places to ride where i live, and not a whole lot of people to ride with, and being i have a bit of an unpredictable work schedule driving otr for the company i'm with, its hard to get the motivation to load the thing up, haul it to a riding area, pay 20 buck to ride for 1-2 hours, load it back up and drive another couple hours home), looking at getting a yellow sts with a sport rack/bag combo(carbon black of course),fog lights, stereo with the bluetooth gizmo, and maybe the heated grips. Idecided to hold off on the gps kit and saddle bags for later.

Btw,a question for lamonster does the sts come pre-wired for the stereo and gps, or is that strictly dealer-installed stuff?:spyder2:

ARtraveler
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
:welcome: Let us know when you get your STS. Post some pictures. :thumbup:

wildtexasrangr
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
:welcome::congrats: On getting closer to a bad a$$ bike. love my st limited.

mrfats
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Seeing where you live, I'd go with the heated grips...Congrats!!

spydermyke990
01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
just took my old machine in to get it looked at for trade-in, looking good so far, put a deposit in an a circuit yellow spyder sts sm5 with a few extras, though i dropped a couple items off the options list to keep the payment to a certain level..looks like it could be before the end of next month..i cant wait!!

Big Arm
01-19-2013, 09:26 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:

Bob Denman
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Don't you lust love it when a plan comes together? :2thumbs: :congrats:

flamingobabe
01-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm really excited for you...you're going to love the new ST....

Chupaca
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
:congrats: and :welcome: glad things are shaping up :thumbup:

spydermyke990
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Got the call from the dealer, bank stuff approved, machine not in stock, they had an se5 there on the floor but i'm opting for the sm5, but they will have it soon. Besides, its too #### cold to ryde right now anyways, the only thing i have to decide is if i should opt for an extended warranty/care package.

Spyder Cat
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
How exciting! That Circuit Yellow is absolutely gorgeous!
We sat on one (couldn't ride cos it was snowing!) and absolutely loved it!
Now we're waiting for a Black Current ST Limited to arrive . . . .
then we'll be facing a BIG decision. But one of them will be coming home with us . . . just not sure which one.

Any idea how long it'll take for your SM5 to arrive????

:yes::clap::yes:

otter28169
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Got the call from the dealer, bank stuff approved, machine not in stock, they had an se5 there on the floor but i'm opting for the sm5, but they will have it soon. Besides, its too #### cold to ryde right now anyways, the only thing i have to decide is if i should opt for an extended warranty/care package.

:congrats: On joining the family. Don't forget to join the New York Spyder Ryders club under the community tab in groups. What part of Upstate are you from? Did you order your spyder from DDS in Utica? That is where I bought my passenger back rest, and where I get my service done.

spydermyke990
01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Mine is from filer's near rochester, i went to different places to see who had what and to get an idea as to what to expect for a trade in offer, i live near branchport ny, which is right at the northern tip of keuka lake's western fork, so the location was a factor. Most were too far, and a couple of small dealerships seemed to not even care if they got any 2013 spyders sold. Filers was pretty thorough with everything, and figured out the trade, accessories, and extended warranties to fit what i was looking for. I'm thinking of going with the extended warranty until i get a detailed look at all of the plans. One of them has oil changes, periodic service, and breakdown coverage, etc.*

otter28169
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
You are only 1.5 to 2 hours away from me. I was thinking about heading out towards Ithaca to explore a little this summer. Hope to see you out and about.:doorag:

spydermyke990
01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Hoping that they get my sts sm5 in soon, they didn't really give a time frame, I'll have to give them a buzz Monday, the wait is killing me lol:popcorn:

Bob Denman
01-26-2013, 02:39 PM
This is why you should always keep a copy of the latest Spyder Accessory Catalog available... it helps pass the time! :2thumbs:

spydermyke990
01-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Yep, i downloaded it onto my computer and loaded it onto my DROID phone, i got a copy of the St s manual from brp's site and I'm gonna load that on there .:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Just be careful; Farkleosis can be fatal... :shocked:

spydermyke990
01-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Just be careful; Farkleosis can be fatal... :shocked:

Lol yep, i'm just leaving off the backrest and saddlebags until i get my honey over here to our shores, and fit her with some gear, i just have to be careful because where she comes from, buying lots of farkles doesn't impress her, she's more attracted to frugality!:roflblack:

spydermyke990
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
stopped at my local can am dealer to see how far the deal is going, and guess what they had waiting for me!!

ok, someone tell me how to upload pics on here?:banghead:

StanProff
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
stopped at my local can am dealer to see how far the deal is going, and guess what they had waiting for me!!

ok, someone tell me how to upload pics on here?:banghead:

I believe Lamont has the instructions on the forum, type it in the search box and see if it comes up.. I do know they may need to be downsized. I forget how the rest is done, I'm sure it is easy but I have a hard time with it. I got some on there but forgot how :dontknow:

Bandit
03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
:congrats:and:welcome:. You're gonna LOVE the world of SPYDERING!! :doorag:

spydermyke990
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
6355463555here they are....i cant wait to put some miles on this thing....:spyder2:

spydrluvr
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
just took my old machine in to get it looked at for trade-in, looking good so far, put a deposit in an a circuit yellow spyder sts sm5 with a few extras, though i dropped a couple items off the options list to keep the payment to a certain level..looks like it could be before the end of next month..i cant wait!!

Congratulations!!:welcome: You should think about coming to Americaide at Lake George in June.....I'm told there may be a spyder ryde organized....so you could meet some fellow spyderlovers:thumbup:

stormtrooper
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
6355463555here they are....i cant wait to put some miles on this thing....:spyder2:

:congrats: Nice looking machine.

spydermyke990
03-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Got the call from my dealer, they got the farkles I ordered for installation and the recall parts( mine is one of the units up for the ball joint replacement/recall. Luckily when I stopped in to get a look at her they already had the recall info and were right on top of it(great job filer's :thumbup:), they said it will be ready for this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to tell then I wouldn't be home to pick her up until Monday... That snowy mess out in Iowa this past weekend, along with my dispatcher suddenly quitting :gaah:totally put a dent in my schedule. I'm hoping for this:cus: snow to end soon, it's starting to make me mental!! If this winter keeps up ill start looking like Jack Nicholson from The Shining:yikes: and start chanting "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy".

spydermyke990
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Well, finally got home, and within the next 1-2 days depending on this crummy weather, ny new yellow spyder will be sitting in my garage space for its final farkling out, and for me to gawk at until old man winter finally gets booted out of town......to be continued....:ani29:

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
:2thumbs: GREAT news! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:
Snow or no snow; we'll be needing to see some pictures of your new pride and joy! :thumbup:

spydermyke990
03-19-2013, 07:06 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:
thanks....

sioux city? that's not too far from where my company is based out of (sheldon).