PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a trailer?

pjweimer
01-15-2013, 01:38 AM
My wife and have been kicking the idea around since we bought our 2012 RT Ltd in May. This past weekend we decided to move forward. Not willing to give BRP their price, I went through the thread here and plowed through various Internet sites.
When I came across www.1motorcycletrailers.com and saw the Escape XL Diamond I was stunned at their offer. $1,650.00 for a 18 cubic foot capacity box with a 210 pound payload. Many extras included... spare wheel and tire, kick stand, storage cover, tougne mounted cooler shelf with cooler and cover included plus interior light. Free shipping to boot!!
Oh, and I found a hitch via an eBay store (Trailer ETC) for $230.00.
Now I've been reading the threads here on how to wire this baby up.

harrypottar
01-15-2013, 06:54 AM
These are good trailers, I have had a couple of different trailers in the past. I understand budget and value for money and this is really good value with what you get. The BRP seems expensive ad you have to add all the extras. The thing that convinced me was the suspension it makes a huge difference. Torsion bar suspension is hard and very bouncy, air and sprung suspension pulls a lot smother. There are thousands of happy torsion bar trailer owners out there but after having both types I would never go back.

you can find left over BRP trailers for $2500 and below, also Bushtec (site sponsor) as a sportstar model with their no bounce air suspension for $1.999. Get the best frame/suspension/base trailer you can afford and add the extras over time.

harry

Bob Denman
01-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the lin to their site! :2thumbs:
Something to think about... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif

Euripedes Neves
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
These are good trailers, I have had a couple of different trailers in the past. I understand budget and value for money and this is really good value with what you get. The BRP seems expensive ad you have to add all the extras. The thing that convinced me was the suspension it makes a huge difference. Torsion bar suspension is hard and very bouncy, air and sprung suspension pulls a lot smother. There are thousands of happy torsion bar trailer owners out there but after having both types I would never go back.

you can find left over BRP trailers for $2500 and below, also Bushtec (site sponsor) as a sportstar model with their no bounce air suspension for $1.999. Get the best frame/suspension/base trailer you can afford and add the extras over time.

harry
I have a trailer from motorcycletrailer.com, I am very happy for two year, excenlente frabrication and the price is ander $1,500 delivery to you home, took me less tham 2 hrs. to put togeder. you can see pictures of on my album.

harrypottar
01-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I have a trailer from motorcycletrailer.com, I am very happy for two year, excenlente frabrication and the price is ander $1,500 delivery to you home, took me less tham 2 hrs. to put togeder. you can see pictures of on my album.

Glad you like your trailer, I was not knocking them, there great value. There are thousands of very happy torsion bar trailer owners out there. To be honest I miss my Jason ion trailer I had prior to the BRP one. I prefers looks, size and quality of my old ion, but I prefer the pull and ride quality of the BRP. The best solution would have been too much money, having air ride added to my old ion.

Just my 2 cents, which is not worth as much as it use to.

harry

AnthonyG
01-15-2013, 10:36 AM
My wife and have been kicking the idea around since we bought our 2012 RT Ltd in May. This past weekend we decided to move forward. Not willing to give BRP their price, I went through the thread here and plowed through various Internet sites.
When I came across www.1motorcycletrailers.com (http://www.1motorcycletrailers.com) and saw the Escape XL Diamond I was stunned at their offer. $1,650.00 for a 18 cubic foot capacity box with a 210 pound payload. Many extras included... spare wheel and tire, kick stand, storage cover, tougne mounted cooler shelf with cooler and cover included plus interior light. Free shipping to boot!!
Oh, and I found a hitch via an eBay store (Trailer ETC) for $230.00.
Now I've been reading the threads here on how to wire this baby up.

just rewired my trailer for the rts 2012 had to use all led lights and i got the trailer tounge wireing form brp i payed $85 from the dealer, then wired it to my trailer , hard wired it , and i works great good luck

jerpinoy
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for this post. Good looking trailers and different choices and prices.