PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for another Colorado trip & ride the "Front Range"

Schnauzer
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
I know it's early, but the Colorado Spyder Group is asking if anyones up for a tour of the countryside with them leading the way.. I'm in, never can get to much of a goog thing.. And Colorado is a real good thing.. Mid to late June/July.. Spydette was thinking about the owners event, but not sure when and where it'll be this year, so just looking into other options.

Something to kick around..

ingramsail
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Need more information, if it doesn't conflict with the owner event.

conroe spyders
01-17-2013, 11:01 AM
We would LOVE to but will only have the Spyderfest week we can take off this year:(

RAYYOU
01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I have been keeping an eye on the thread. We are waiting to see when it will be and also
where the Owners Event will be. Don't have enough vacation to do both, but we can't get
enough of Colorado.

revjvegas
01-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm keeping my eye on this.

Last time I went up there it was on my BMW F650; which is the same time I'd decided I needed a bike like the Spyder for those kinds of long trips :)

Hate driving through middle TX in mid-summer, but it really is about the best time to visit Colorado.

JkRbbt
01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
My sister lives in the Springs, so any excuse to visit the area is a plus! All I need is for my Spyder to arrive and I can start making commitments! LET'S GO! :D

Pincushion
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I have been asked if I could get some Spyder Ryders to attend the Colorado Ride For Kids.

The Colorado Ride is June 9 (for details about the ride go to this link http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/events/2013/colorado.html) I most likely will be leaving San Diego late on the 7th or early on the 8th.

I am on the Task Force for the San Diego Ride for Kids and because Spyders were the largest turn out the last two years, the Colorado Task Force Leader asked me If I could help get some Spyders at the CO event in 2013.

I will be ryding up From San Diego and hoping to get other Spyders to join us along the route.

I will be working out the details over the next few months, so stay tuned.

Its a VERY worthy cause and the kids need your help, I was forever changed when I attended my first Ride for Kids event, seeing the bravery and courage these kids have, despite their daily struggle, will change you too.

-George

Schnauzer
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I have been keeping an eye on the thread. We are waiting to see when it will be and also
where the Owners Event will be. Don't have enough vacation to do both, but we can't get
enough of Colorado.

Hopefully they'll have some really good snow this year, would like to take in some rapids in this time.

PrairieSpyder
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm tentavely planning a Colo trip this summer. I want to go thru middle Colo to Arches NP in Utah, down to Monument Valley, then Mesa Verde NP, San Juan Skyway, Durango then back to Kansas. Maybe we can meet up along the way. I don't have any date set yet.

I have been asked if I could get some Spyder Ryders to attend the Colorado Ride For Kids.

The Colorado Ride is June 9 (for details about the ride go to this link http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/events/2013/colorado.html) I most likely will be leaving San Diego late on the 7th or early on the 8th.

I am on the Task Force for the San Diego Ride for Kids and because Spyders were the largest turn out the last two years, the Colorado Task Force Leader asked me If I could help get some Spyders at the CO event in 2013.

I will be ryding up From San Diego and hoping to get other Spyders to join us along the route.

I will be working out the details over the next few months, so stay tuned.

Its a VERY worthy cause and the kids need your help, I was forever changed when I attended my first Ride for Kids event, seeing the bravery and courage these kids have, despite their daily struggle, will change you too.

-George

What date is this set for?

asp125
01-18-2013, 12:28 PM

You would really want to add extra days either on the way out or the way back, as most of the really good riding is west of Denver. I will be Ryding in Durango that weekend of June. Million Dollar Hwy here I come!

Y'all should coordinate with the colorado spyder riders meetup. http://spyder-riders.meetup.com/cities/us/co/denver/ to see if any locals are interested.

scooterexpress
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
i had a :spyder2: drop down beside me eating his curds and whey and he said the owners event will be in texas.:roflblack:

Schnauzer
01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
i had a :spyder2: drop down beside me eating his curds and whey and he said the owners event will be in texas.:roflblack:

That would be nice, but it needs to be in Jan/-March. The rest of the time it's hotter than hell here.. Folks from the north wouldn't survive.

:roflblack:

Tx web rider
01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
oh hell ya let them come down to south texas in the summer watch the rubber melt to the road :yes::yes::yes:

triple digits riding is so much fun on a :f_spider:

go fast and don't get stuck in traffic