PDA

View Full Version : Super Ryde Day

paulbrinker
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
My wife and I met up with two other Spyder couples for breakfast and interesting conversation. After, my wife and I, headed for Columbia, SC. Stayed on the interstates and encountered some pretty good head winds. Our Spyder was really working hard to maintain 75mph with cruise set, and the gas milage really suffered, even though we made it on one tank. On the trip back we decided to us route 601. Mush nicer ride and even spotted a RT just north of Kershaw, SC. When we got home we still have gas in the tank. Tomorrow I have to take a picture of the odometer, because we passed the 5000 mile mark.:clap:Will be taking the Spyder to the shop tomorrow for a hitch and a trailer.:yes:

ARtraveler
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Sounds like another great ryde. :thumbup:

otter28169
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
:congrats:on you 5K pin. I gotta admit I am a little envious. It warmed up here but there is still too much salt on the roads. I used to live in Clover SC and work in Charlotte. Enjoy the extra long ryding season. :thumbup:

Plyrod38
01-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed the trip. We had a good time at Webb Road until Paulette had to break away to go to work.

I'll check back with you Thursday.

Take care,
Bill

paulbrinker
01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
As beautiful as Sundays ride was is as ugly as todays weather is. Unable to take the Spyder to RPM and had to reschedule until next week.:( Let's hope the weather and the doctors cooperate.

spyderpoop
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
well good ride you went right by my house wish I knew I would have met you hope ya get the trailer all ok

bruiser
01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Bruisersbaby and I did around 250 miles Saturday. Took the backroads to Swansboro, then on to Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle and into Atlantic Beach. Headed back to Goldsboro on 70. Saw a parked Nitro Green RS in Trenton and on the way home saw a red RS on a trailer headed east out of Kinston. Stopped in Swansboro at a nice eatery called Nicky's. Good food. Recommend it if your in the area.