PDA

View Full Version : PO107

Pandy
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Fault code appeared right after filling up. Curious no? Seems like I remember Scotty saying something about blown or leaky exhaust gaskets could cause a similar condition. Pyder has 34K on the clock so exhaust gasket could be it. I'm taking it in tomorrow (groan) to see what BUDS has to say. Anyone else? Other than this Pyder has been running great, just did an oil change and all is well there consumption wise.

Patrick

jerpinoy
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Keep us updated , Good luck

NancysToy
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
P0107 = Manifold Air Pressure Sensor Voltage Too Low - Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins, ECM voltage supply.

There are a number of tests that your dealer can perform, but first check the battery voltage or charge the battery, check for clean and tight battery connections (inside the body, not under the seat), and check for a tight rear frame ground (negative jumper terminal under the seat). Also, were you working on anything where you could have disconnected or damaged a wire or sensor...for instance did you have the airbox off or mess with the plugs/plug wires?

Pandy
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, me and my fat fingers, it was supposed to be P0171 Too lean bank 1. That's where the gasket idea came from. Now I'm thinking fuel filter? Happened just after a gas up.

Patrick

NancysToy
01-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, me and my fat fingers, it was supposed to be P0171 Too lean bank 1. That's where the gasket idea came from. Now I'm thinking fuel filter? Happened just after a gas up.

Patrick
A plugged filter will affect both cylinders. More likely bad gas or a bad sensor or wire. I'd run some Seafoam or marine Stabil through it, and if it doesn't clear up, see your dealer.

Pandy
01-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Took Pyder to dealer as soon as they opened this morning and I was the first one in. BUDS identified the code as the only one, and revealed a history of said code. Well, the latest BUDS update asked if Update 2011-2 was performed. After some head scratching the tech was able to download the information. Seems the hose downstream of the cannister unloader and the check valve terminates in the region of the forward cylinder. The update directs the tech to verify the tightness and integrity of said hose. Well the hose,barb and all came loose in his hand. BRP has a fix that involves epoxy of some sort and that's what we are waiting on now, that and to see if this clears this and any other codes.
This would explain a lean condition if it was sucking air past the fitting, but far enough upstream of any ported or venturi vacuum to not show up as a vacuum problem or leak. What a relief, to say the least. Plans are to ride Pyder to Key West this coming Friday. Looks like 3 wheels are on. 5 if you count the trailer.

In anticipation, Patrick

ivanlee
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Took Pyder to dealer as soon as they opened this morning and I was the first one in. BUDS identified the code as the only one, and revealed a history of said code. Well, the latest BUDS update asked if Update 2011-8 was performed. After some head scratching the tech was able to download the information. Seems the hose downstream of the cannister unloader and the check valve terminates in the region of the forward cylinder. The update directs the tech to verify the tightness and integrity of said hose. Well the hose,barb and all came loose in his hand. BRP has a fix that involves epoxy of some sort and that's what we are waiting on now, that and to see if this clears this and any other codes.
This would explain a lean condition if it was sucking air past the fitting, but far enough upstream of any ported or venturi vacuum to not show up as a vacuum problem or leak. What a relief, to say the least. Plans are to ride Pyder to Key West this coming Friday. Looks like 3 wheels are on. 5 if you count the trailer.

In anticipation, Patrick

Why would brp want to use epoxy, if the part is defective it should be replaced. This is how cheap BRP is.

Pandy
01-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Pyder is fixed. All codes clear and stayed clear during testing. Not too often I get to brag on my dealer, but Velocity Powersports was spot on with this one. Oh, the tech noticed a missing grommet and told me to get grommets from a Can-Am Commander side by side. Much beefier and once in, don't fall or get pushed out. They gave me one and I ordered 3 more. The part number and description is: 705005156 Washer-oblong. I'll let one and all know about this one as well. Now to service the trailer and it's off to the Florida Keys.

Patrick

Pandy
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
The PO171 appeared again along with an intermittent PO174. Indication of Bank 1 and 2 too lean. Thought about what Scotty said about filter and changed that prior to 1500 mile round trip to Key west. Well, on a weekend jaunt this week, filled up, rode about 75 miles and the codes popped up. Returned to dealer who determined that one or both injectors are faulty. Replacements are on the way so Pyder is down for a bit. Oh, this with about 36500 miles.Meanwhile..614896149061488

Patrick