PDA

View Full Version : BRP Forum Rep

Wazoo
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Has anyone had any discussions with anyone at BRP about the possibility of them assigning a company representative to respond to questions and concerns raised on this forum? While the community is an awesome source or knowledge and information, I am to say the least perplexed why BRP would not want to be a part of these discussions.

sergentwoody
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
+1:thumbup: good idea!!

Lamonster
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
This is where they interact with the public.
https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder

Don't see it happening here.

Wazoo
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
OK, so I posted a comment on BRP's Facebook page suggesting they have a rep for this forum. Perhaps some of you could go there and either "Like" my comment or add a comment yourself in support. If you don't TAKE action, there never will BE any action.

https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder

Mo Lee
01-13-2013, 01:40 PM
As long as we have Lamont/Scottie and a couple of others I'm not sure we need BRP. To be honest we probably have better tech support this way.

jerpinoy
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
:agree: with Lamont, Last time I was at the Seattle int'l MC convention and I brought this conversation about our forum to a BRP official. He told me he don't do that, "I'm in corporate office." I was very disappointed. :( say the least:( They think handing me a made in china CAN AM white lousy hat will be good enough for a 2012 RT owner like me. :(. This forum is the only place that tramps some of bad situations. Keeping us together and looking for each other is best thing we can do.:yes:We (Spyderlovers) are better than most.:bowdown:

BajaRon
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
As long as we have Lamont/Scottie and a couple of others I'm not sure we need BRP. To be honest we probably have better tech support this way.

I agree, I am very satisfied with the way it is now. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have a BRP rep here, but truthfully, he (or she) would have to clear everything they posted through corporate first and that's not what Spyderlovers is all about.

We like to throw it all out on the table and kick it around, sometimes more than necessary :bdh:. That's how we get it done here! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I am also of the opinion that we do better without BRP oversite for problems that are discussed on this site.

spyderpoop
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
why would they do that we bought the machine already and they made their money after all these years of this site they surely know whats said all the problems expressed and requests about things its not just a few things and remarks made its DOZENS and think about it why pay someone a salary if its not gonna be followed up anyway I agree its a great computerized machine but the quality is so so poor with plastic bolts and rattles and squeals with less then a 1000 miles on a bike is crazy the Goldwing company NEVER had a problems on a New BIKE and NOT taken care of by the dealer right away but this company just dont care after the sale and the lack of service and cost at dealerships for a repair is outrageous I emailed the company a few times and never even got a reply to say how much they care who can even argue this when we all see many many requests and problems everyday here and if it was not for this site alot of riders would be in the dark for their repairs so thanks for one good thing this site but the company has us by the nuts and they laugh all the way to the bank everyday

Farmbanker
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
why would they do that we bought the machine already and they made their money after all these years of this site they surely know whats said all the problems expressed and requests about things its not just a few things and remarks made its DOZENS and think about it why pay someone a salary if its not gonna be followed up anyway I agree its a great computerized machine but the quality is so so poor with plastic bolts and rattles and squeals with less then a 1000 miles on a bike is crazy the Goldwing company NEVER had a problems on a New BIKE and NOT taken care of by the dealer right away but this company just dont care after the sale and the lack of service and cost at dealerships for a repair is outrageous I emailed the company a few times and never even got a reply to say how much they care who can even argue this when we all see many many requests and problems everyday here and if it was not for this site alot of riders would be in the dark for their repairs so thanks for one good thing this site but the company has us by the nuts and they laugh all the way to the bank everyday

There are issues as you have pointed :gaah:out but to compare this relatively new machine to a Gold Wing which was originally introduced in 1974 is a stretch for me. Likewise you really cannot compare the dealer network....it is still maturing as well. BRP is a relative youngster in the "bike" arena.

They are trying, as I can attest to. I had a pretty catastrophic issue and thought I was in for a real screw job. :banghead:I was very pleasantly surprised as both the dealer and BRP stepped up to the plate. They want satisfied, returning customers. However, having them try to address issues on a forum like this would be a bit of a challenge. Find a good dealer, hang on to them, work with them, and you can be a happy Spyder ryder.:D

spyderpoop
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
well good thought but look at the many many problems that are mentioned each day and almost always acompanied about a problem with the dealer and bike issue hope you keep up online here and will get to learn the real asspects about the bike

GloryRyders
01-14-2013, 06:43 AM

:agree:..............totally!

Captain Fin
01-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Has anyone had any discussions with anyone at BRP about the possibility of them assigning a company representative to respond to questions and concerns raised on this forum? While the community is an awesome source or knowledge and information, I am to say the least perplexed why BRP would not want to be a part of these discussions.
BRP would see this as opening a can of worms. Corporations are really not warm and fuzzy.

Bob Denman
01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
They are here. They watch, they note issues, they even contact folks when they think that they can help! :2thumbs:
They lurk silently... out of sight.... silently... :shocked:

And they DO care! :thumbup:

docdoru
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM
They are here. They watch, they note issues, they even contact folks when they think that they can help! :2thumbs:
They lurk silently... out of sight.... silently... :shocked:

And they DO care! :thumbup:

http://spyder.brp.com/spyder5/landing ;)

Bob Denman
01-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Agreed; they just don't have the capability to bind BRP to a course of action.

pro10is
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Large companies rarely have a presence on an open public forum. Even small companies usually shy away. There are several reasons for this but the top two are:

Legalities - Anything published on a forum by an authorized company spokesman becomes part of the public record and could possibly be used in a legal situation. Therefore they're not at liberty to speak freely as is the nature of these forums. Even in areas where they appear to be open (such as facebook) are in fact tightly controlled.
Engagement - A large company would not be likely to engage the public in a relativity uncontrolled environment such as an open forum. They would be far too open to criticism and pressure to provide answers for real or perceived product deficiencies, dealer issues, and customer complaints. Issues such as these have to be contained in a far more controlled environment. They are not willing to go online in public with the public.

No company can produce a perfect product or a product that's loved by all so they will always have critics and dissatisfied customers. They require some insulation from the public and open forums don't provide enough so you won't see them here. You can be assured however that they read the forums and that even though the conversation is one way, your voice is being heard loud and clear.

Illinois Boy
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Large companies rarely have a presence on an open public forum. Even small companies usually shy away. There are several reasons for this but the top two are:

Legalities - Anything published on a forum by an authorized company spokesman becomes part of the public record and could possibly be used in a legal situation. Therefore they're not at liberty to speak freely as is the nature of these forums. Even in areas where they appear to be open (such as facebook) are in fact tightly controlled.
Engagement - A large company would not be likely to engage the public in a relativity uncontrolled environment such as an open forum. They would be far too open to criticism and pressure to provide answers for real or perceived product deficiencies, dealer issues, and customer compliments. Issues such as these have to be contained in a far more controlled environment. They are not willing to go online in public with the public.

No company can produce a perfect product or a product that's loved by all so they will always have critics and dissatisfied customers. They require some insulation from the public and open forums don't provide enough so you won't see them here. You can be assured however that they read the forums and that even though the conversation is one way, your voice is being heard loud and clear.

Correct.

And here are some stock answers that fit the tight parameters they would be under:

#1: Call your dealer.
#2: Refer to your manual.
#3: See your dealer for servicing.
#4: See your dealer for warranty service.
#5: See your appropriate manual for recommendations.

...and on, and on.:D

BajaRon
01-15-2013, 01:45 PM
BRP would see this as opening a can of worms. Corporations are really not warm and fuzzy.

It's like having an elephant in the living room, you could do it but it isn't going to work out very well. It's not the living room's fault and it's not the elephant's fault. It's just the way it is.

Bob Denman
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
The way that things seem to currently be oeprating; they're here in an unofficial capacity. They know what's going on, but don't have to get involved with arguments from everybody who's got a tire losing air... or gets lousy gas mileage... or blew up an engine with a turbo... :shocked:
They can do more for us in the background than we could ever realize... :thumbup:

Pennyrick
01-15-2013, 04:22 PM

I sure as heck would not allow any of my employees to become a party to a public site that had anything to do with my company and our customers. I shudder to think of the legal tangles that could lead to. Plus, nothing really worthwhile could ever be accomplished. Any problems people have with our products and/or service are between us and our customers and each must be weighed on its individual merits or lack of same.

BRP closely monitors this site and that is as close as they need to be. Anything beyond that would be squelched by their legal counsel in a heartbeat!

boborgera
01-15-2013, 04:26 PM
I sure as heck would not allow any of my employees to become a party to a public site that had anything to do with my company and our customers. I shudder to think of the legal tangles that could lead to. Plus, nothing really worthwhile could ever be accomplished. Any problems people have with our products and/or service are between us and our customers and each must be weighed on its individual merits or lack of same.

BRP closely monitors this site and that is as close as they need to be. Anything beyond that would be squelched by their legal counsel in a heartbeat!

:agree: 100%

Just to add, Can you imagine ''IF'' BRP Was part of this site and with all the people admitting to removing emissions control parts, That would be interesting, Wouldn't it.

Netminder
01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree, I am very satisfied with the way it is now. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have a BRP rep here, but truthfully, he (or she) would have to clear everything they posted through corporate first and that's not what Spyderlovers is all about.

We like to throw it all out on the table and kick it around, sometimes more than necessary :bdh:. That's how we get it done here! :thumbup:

Would have to agree, it is more real world here!:thumbup:

SPYD3R
01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
i've said a lot of nice things about BRP on this website... but i'm here to retract my previous comments...

i have oil leaking out of the weep hole of my water-pump... i'm 3 months out of my 'extended warrantee'... i called Customer Service and was told they could do nothing for me... my SPYD3R dealer called Customer Service and was told the same thing... i spoke with a friend of mine that owns an Aprila, and he told me this issue is at lease 10 years old... i went on this blog, and Aprila blogs and read numerous accounts of this oil leak issue...

my question is: WHY HAS THIS PROBLEM PERSISTED FOR SO LONG...???

obviously they are well aware of this issue... could it be that they make a lot of money from this, and don't want to kill the golden goose? could this be 'PLANNED OBSILESENCE'? or perhaps both... a problem like this should be fixed within a very short period, resulting from no more than 50 registered accounts of the same problem... i'm questioning whether to purchase another BRP product in the future....

just say'n

Captain Fin
01-15-2013, 06:29 PM
How can one prove that BRP is montoring this site. Does someone out there have first hand experience?

Illinois Boy
01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
How can one prove that BRP is montoring this site. Does someone out there have first hand experience?

It serves no purpose to prove anything... for you, Spyderlovers, or BRP. Sorry if this disappoints you.

I am adding an edit to this... I do not mean to be insulting with my comment to your post. I simply do not see where there is a purpose of proving anyone monitors this site. However, given the size of Spyderlovers, and the fact it is the #1 site for Spyder owners, riders, and enthusiasts, it would only be logical someone lurks in the shadows to hear what is "going-on" in the minds and experiences of those posting.

Harley does it. Ford does it. Apple does it. Political parties do it. ...and the list goes on.

How do I know this goes on? I know some whose job it is to do it. They own companies that peruse sites involving their products, services, or political stance. BRP may not be hiring one of these companies though. They easily could have one of their staff do it. But it only makes sense they do.

boborgera
01-15-2013, 08:33 PM

Spyder 5 team members.:chat:

NancysToy
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
i've said a lot of nice things about BRP on this website... but i'm here to retract my previous comments...

i have oil leaking out of the weep hole of my water-pump... i'm 3 months out of my 'extended warrantee'... i called Customer Service and was told they could do nothing for me... my SPYD3R dealer called Customer Service and was told the same thing... i spoke with a friend of mine that owns an Aprila, and he told me this issue is at lease 10 years old... i went on this blog, and Aprila blogs and read numerous accounts of this oil leak issue...

my question is: WHY HAS THIS PROBLEM PERSISTED FOR SO LONG...???

obviously they are well aware of this issue... could it be that they make a lot of money from this, and don't want to kill the golden goose? could this be 'PLANNED OBSILESENCE'? or perhaps both... a problem like this should be fixed within a very short period, resulting from no more than 50 registered accounts of the same problem... i'm questioning whether to purchase another BRP product in the future....

just say'n
If you don't mind, and no criticism intended, I have two questions...

Why would you call customer service instead of seeing your dealer? - Was this after a problem with the dealer, was the dealer told not to perform the service bulletin repair, or was there some other reason to go to corporate?

Why would the dealer call Customer Service at all? - Dealer Tech Support would be the appropriate place...or merely warranty authorization. Oil leaks ate the water pump should be addressed. Weeping water may not be able to be cured. The weep hole is there for a reason. Water leaks resulting in a puddle or a measurable loss of coolant should be addressed, though. Those tasks are typically a dealer's responsibility...not BRP's directly...and cedrtainly not their Customer Service department.

Please help me to understand how the process took this turn.

Chupaca
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Correct.

And here are some stock answers that fit the tight parameters they would be under:

#1: Call your dealer.
#2: Refer to your manual.
#3: See your dealer for servicing.
#4: See your dealer for warranty service.
#5: See your appropriate manual for recommendations.

...and on, and on.:D

:agree: Could not have put it better myself. I am sure that by now they have heard to much about this place to not have ears on it. Many years wrenching have taught me short cuts, solutions, alternatives etc come from the field. As often said "on paper everything works" :thumbup:

Pennyrick
01-15-2013, 10:20 PM

Yes.

BajaRon
01-15-2013, 10:25 PM

It's one of those things that you'll just have to take our word for... :ohyea:

Those that know... Know....

Bob Denman
01-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Yes.

Double yes! I've been contacted specifically by two of them; they were sympathetic to the issue presented, and very helpful! :thumbup:

And their screen names will go with my to my grave... :shocked:

Pennyrick
01-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Double yes! I've been contacted specifically by two of them; they were sympathetic to the issue presented, and very helpful! :thumbup:

And their screen names will go with my to my grave... :shocked:

I have shared some names and direct numbers via PM if I felt the thread information warranted it but I would never divuldge such information publicly. I only hope those whom I have shared such data with do the same.

Bob Denman
01-16-2013, 11:41 AM
They both value, and need, their anonymity on the site... :thumbup:

Elembytes
01-16-2013, 11:48 AM
My only comment on this is--NOT EVERYONE DOES FACEBOOK or TWITTER! Makes me sick that corporate America etc., thinks everyone does FACEBOOK and even gives incentives etc., for "LIKING" them on Facebook. To me that is discrimination and flat out wrong.

That is my 2-cents worth--- take it for what it is.

:D

Bob Denman
01-16-2013, 11:55 AM
:shocked: :hun:
But then; I don't waste my time with them either, so I don't understand anything of what you just said! :shocked: :opps:

Illinois Boy
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
My only comment on this is--NOT EVERYONE DOES FACEBOOK or TWITTER! Makes me sick that corporate America etc., thinks everyone does FACEBOOK and even gives incentives etc., for "LIKING" them on Facebook. To me that is discrimination and flat out wrong.

That is my 2-cents worth--- take it for what it is.

:D

What? No offense, but not sure what difference it makes in your life - besides just irritating you that they do.

Millions upon millions of people use FB and Twitter daily - world-wide.

Why wouldn't a company wish to be connected to an audience that "likes" them? There only a few ways companies can gain exposure to their market-demographic... FB and Twitter just happen to be two of them.

If you don't use one of these formats, you are fast becoming "behind the times". Given the demographics of Spyder-owners though, it is no surprise many are not on FB. There is nothing wrong with not being on them though, and to some degree I am not a fan of either as well.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is many Spyder-owners joined blog sites like Spyderlovers only in the last few years - where others have been on them for a decade or so.

I suspect as time moves along, more and more will gravitate to FB and Twitter eventually. I can remember when people were afraid to use ATM's at one point. I know there remain a few that still don't use them - however, obviously they are now a small minority.

Times are a changin', said Dylan. Change with it or get behind, I guess.

bhfromme
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
There are issues as you have pointed :gaah:out but to compare this relatively new machine to a Gold Wing which was originally introduced in 1974 is a stretch for me. Likewise you really cannot compare the dealer network....it is still maturing as well. BRP is a relative youngster in the "bike" arena.

They are trying, as I can attest to. I had a pretty catastrophic issue and thought I was in for a real screw job. :banghead:I was very pleasantly surprised as both the dealer and BRP stepped up to the plate. They want satisfied, returning customers. However, having them try to address issues on a forum like this would be a bit of a challenge. Find a good dealer, hang on to them, work with them, and you can be a happy Spyder ryder.:D

Can't agree more to what Farmbanker said. It all comes down to the quality of the dealer. But someone else said it well when comparing how long these bikes have been on the market compared to the Gold Wings. Let's face it, it's a learning curve for the dealers and also for BRP.

Bottom line for me is the performance. These are awesome machines. Period.

Bill

d.o.spyder-rts
01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
I guess I just be behind the times (at least for the forseeable future), I not a twit :) and don't tweet and don't have a facebook account. Dale

otter28169
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I have facebook, and don't tweet. I am behind the times in some respects and ahead of the curve in others. These are just marketing tools, but I have had "can am spyder" like some of my comments on ryding that I have made on facebook. I am glad they have anonymous members on this site. Anonymity makes it so they are sure to get the honest feedback.

Bob Denman
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM
I have a FaceBook account somewhere; but I suspended it after I found little of value going on in there to interest me.
Besides; it gives me more time in here! :2thumbs:

Wazoo
01-16-2013, 08:39 PM
On their Facebook page BRP posted the following in response to my suggestion:

we are aware of Spyder Lovers and monitor the threads there on a daily basis. However, we encourage you to contact your local Spyder dealer to help resolve any issues you have or contact BRP customer service directly at: 888-272-922; Monday to Thursday from 9:30 to 6:00, Friday from 10:30 to 5:30 ET. Or e-mail at spydertechsupport@brp.com.

Captain Fin
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
I guess I have been out of the loop. It would make sense that BRP would have someone be a full time monitor and have a voice on this site. It most likely would be a person that makes a great deal of posts on this site. Someone that is thoughtful, energetic, intellegent and willing to take their secret to their grave. They would also most likely change their avitar a lot, sort of like changing disguises. Does anyone know who might fit the bill?

docdoru
01-17-2013, 07:11 AM
I guess I have been out of the loop. It would make sense that BRP would have someone be a full time monitor and have a voice on this site. It most likely would be a person that makes a great deal of posts on this site. Someone that is thoughtful, energetic, intellegent and willing to take their secret to their grave. They would also most likely change their avitar a lot, sort of like changing disguises. Does anyone know who might fit the bill?
Nooo, Bob? :shocked: ;)

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 08:06 AM

SPYD3R
01-17-2013, 08:24 AM
If you don't mind, and no criticism intended, I have two questions...

Why would you call customer service instead of seeing your dealer? - Was this after a problem with the dealer, was the dealer told not to perform the service bulletin repair, or was there some other reason to go to corporate?

Why would the dealer call Customer Service at all? - Dealer Tech Support would be the appropriate place...or merely warranty authorization. Oil leaks ate the water pump should be addressed. Weeping water may not be able to be cured. The weep hole is there for a reason. Water leaks resulting in a puddle or a measurable loss of coolant should be addressed, though. Those tasks are typically a dealer's responsibility...not BRP's directly...and cedrtainly not their Customer Service department.

Please help me to understand how the process took this turn.

Nan, i went to the dealer for the gas line recall... they told me i had oil leaking out of my water pump.... my extended warrantee was 3 mths out, so they called Tech Services to no avail... my dealer told me to call customer service and ask for a GOOD WILL REPAIR... i called Cust. Serv. asked to that, and was told NO GO... I explained that this situation is systemic with ROTAX engines, that Aprila also has this issue, and he couldn't care less... called my dealer n told them what Cust. Serv. said, my dealer told me that they would call Cust. Serv. which they did, and again Cust. Serv. said NO GO... so now i have an appointment tomorrow (Friday) to get this repaired at my cost... no big deal... but Customer Service was less than cordial and sympathetic...

MouthPiece
01-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Only the Shadow knows. :lecturef_smilie:

Chris

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Dan,
Did you happen to get a name? Who did you speak to at BRP?

duneside
01-17-2013, 08:47 AM

:yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack:

SPYD3R
01-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Dan,
Did you happen to get a name? Who did you speak to at BRP?

either: Alex, or Alec...

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks...

Captain Fin
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
It serves no purpose to prove anything... for you, Spyderlovers, or BRP. Sorry if this disappoints you.

I am adding an edit to this... I do not mean to be insulting with my comment to your post. I simply do not see where there is a purpose of proving anyone monitors this site. However, given the size of Spyderlovers, and the fact it is the #1 site for Spyder owners, riders, and enthusiasts, it would only be logical someone lurks in the shadows to hear what is "going-on" in the minds and experiences of those posting.

Harley does it. Ford does it. Apple does it. Political parties do it. ...and the list goes on.

How do I know this goes on? I know some whose job it is to do it. They own companies that peruse sites involving their products, services, or political stance. BRP may not be hiring one of these companies though. They easily could have one of their staff do it. But it only makes sense they do.

Im sure things are a little tense up there in northan Illinois with the cold weather and short days. I to have stressful days. Today Im trying to decide if I should go fishing or sailing. Also I cannot decide which brand of beer to carry with me. Yesterday my beautiful Colombian wife and I rode the spyder to Miami Beach and watched the sunrise over the Atlantic while sipping coffee at a beautiful outdoor restaurant on Deco Drive. I know that life can be a jungle out there, after all the Florida Everglades is about 40 feet from the stern of the yacht my wife and I live on. Oh La De Da! Thats the ņame of a restaurant I may go to for lunch in Key West tomorow. Then again, mabe we will just go over to Alabama Jacks for conch fritters and cold beer. Its never nice to put words in another persons mouth. So let the stress began.

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Oh I hate when you do that to us! :shocked:
P,M.S. truly does stink! :gaah:
And not even a single picture of all of that beauty???

Captain Fin
01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Oh I hate when you do that to us! :shocked:
P,M.S. truly does stink! :gaah:
And not even a single picture of all of that beauty???
Im thinking of changing my avitar weekly. What a great idea.

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
:shocked: You mean, you can actually do that in here??? :shocked: :roflblack:

NancysToy
01-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Nan, i went to the dealer for the gas line recall... they told me i had oil leaking out of my water pump.... my extended warrantee was 3 mths out, so they called Tech Services to no avail... my dealer told me to call customer service and ask for a GOOD WILL REPAIR... i called Cust. Serv. asked to that, and was told NO GO... I explained that this situation is systemic with ROTAX engines, that Aprila also has this issue, and he couldn't care less... called my dealer n told them what Cust. Serv. said, my dealer told me that they would call Cust. Serv. which they did, and again Cust. Serv. said NO GO... so now i have an appointment tomorrow (Friday) to get this repaired at my cost... no big deal... but Customer Service was less than cordial and sympathetic...
Thanks for the clarification. It helps fill the gaps. Even if they handled the repair as specified in the service bulletin, as a warranty campaign it would only be done at their cost if it was still under warranty. It really bites when it is just past expiration, though.

Bob Denman
01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
:agree: My thorttle position sensor died at one month and a day after the warranty breathed it's last... :shocked: :gaah:

ARtraveler
01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Almost the same thing here. I had to replace the cruise control switch. Out of warranty for 4 months.

boborgera
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Shaft and Sprocket, Out of watteny 2 months, 1800$ + On my dime.
45 days down time, On this one!
And that broke the Camel!

Illinois Boy
01-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Im sure things are a little tense up there in northan Illinois with the cold weather and short days. I to have stressful days. Today Im trying to decide if I should go fishing or sailing. Also I cannot decide which brand of beer to carry with me. Yesterday my beautiful Colombian wife and I rode the spyder to Miami Beach and watched the sunrise over the Atlantic while sipping coffee at a beautiful outdoor restaurant on Deco Drive. I know that life can be a jungle out there, after all the Florida Everglades is about 40 feet from the stern of the yacht my wife and I live on. Oh La De Da! Thats the ņame of a restaurant I may go to for lunch in Key West tomorow. Then again, mabe we will just go over to Alabama Jacks for conch fritters and cold beer. Its never nice to put words in another persons mouth. So let the stress began.

All right Captain... I wasn't out to put words in your mouth... or to tick you off either. And YES is is cold and crappy up here! Sounds like I need to take a right-turn and head to where you are hanging. Sounds like a good idea considering it is 12 degrees right now, and that is with abnormally warmer weather. :thumbup:

ThreeWheels
01-17-2013, 10:16 PM

I've merely scanned this thread so forgive me if my comments are redundant.

Just off hand, I'd say the improvements made to the 2013 model are an indication BRP is listening to owners, if not reading the comments here.

I can't imagine having BRP assign someone to answer posts on this forum. One person couldn't handle it. Look what happened to Carlo.
They would need an entire team to keep up with us

Captain Fin
01-18-2013, 06:56 AM
All right Captain... I wasn't out to put words in your mouth... or to tick you off either. And YES is is cold and crappy up here! Sounds like I need to take a right-turn and head to where you are hanging. Sounds like a good idea considering it is 12 degrees right now, and that is with abnormally warmer weather. :thumbup:

I had the pleasure of working in Chicago and fell in love with that city. Illinois is a very beautiful state and I have had so many great times there.
If you can get to the Keys, look me up. Im living at Gilberts Resort located at 107900 Overseas Hwy. in Key Largo, Florida. There is a party here every day and our motorcycle parking area will support about 200 bikes. I live on the 42 foot sailboat parked in the center of the marina.

Illinois Boy
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
I had the pleasure of working in Chicago and fell in love with that city. Illinois is a very beautiful state and I have had so many great times there.
If you can get to the Keys, look me up. Im living at Gilberts Resort located at 107900 Overseas Hwy. in Key Largo, Florida. There is a party here every day and our motorcycle parking area will support about 200 bikes. I live on the 42 foot sailboat parked in the center of the marina.

Winter has been abnormally mild this year... but still a far-cry from weather in the Keys. I used to spend a lot of time in the Keys years ago (Key West, Marathon, and Big Pine were the bases at various times); and I would go there every year. Haven't done it for years now though.

Who knows, I might be able to make it down there again sometime. Sounds like fun. Enjoy and stay healthy in the meantime!

Pennyrick
01-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Wazoo.... I bet you never expected this thread to develop like this when you asked the first question.

This is a pretty verbal bunch at times.

Captain Fin
01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Wazoo.... I bet you never expected this thread to develop like this when you asked the first question.

This is a pretty verbal bunch at times.
And as You can see. Sometimes its what we dont say.:hun::hun::hun::hun::hun:

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 11:42 AM
D.T.,
"At times"?? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

steve635
01-18-2013, 11:49 AM
It's one of those things that you'll just have to take our word for... :ohyea:

Those that know... Know....

Like Bigfoot?

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
More like Santa Claus... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_61.gif

steve635
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
More like Santa Claus... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_61.gif

Good Point, Bigfoot would have built a larger brake pedal.

Bob Denman
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
...And Santa brings the BEST farkles! :2thumbs:

BajaRon
01-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Good Point, Bigfoot would have built a larger brake pedal.

Bigfoot wouldn't need a brake peddle! :yikes:

http://famousmonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/big-foot-steve.jpg