PDA

View Full Version : Utopia Backrest

TexasSpyder
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Well I just finished the install on the Utopia Backrest for my 2012 Lava/Tan Comfort seat. The install wasn't too hard. It takes a while to get up the nerve to insert the knife blade into the seat. I want to thank everyone who went before me and posted to cover the bottomless parts grabbers. It did save me on the reinstall to the bike those pesky little nuts sure don't stay where they need to. LOL. Next is the new sway bar maybe tomorrow?

J. D.

Rotaxer
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I too just finished the install. Very well made quality item, except for the boot, it did not stick good at all. I think I will get a thick black vinyl patch and make my own, it will cover the hole better and prevent any tearing later. Dido on the bottomless parts grabber, losing those special nuts would have been a royal pain!

BikerDoc
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Every long ride you take from now on you will be very happy with Utopia...

shiney side up
01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
When I installed my Utopia on my Vision, it took me the most time to cut the seat :yikes:
You will find it will one of the best additions to your Spyder. I put a little blue Loctite on the bolt that adjusts the forward and back of the backrest. I found with the vibration of riding the bolt when back out a little and I kept leaning back more and more until
the wife unit pushed back :roflblack:

sealfloorboards
01-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I can't imagine riding without my Utopia. It's a great part of my "comfort package".

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

TexasSpyder
01-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I was thinking of adding a jam nut to hold the adjustment.

J. D.

Halesangel13
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on vinyl versus leather? I see where Utopia does not offer leather any longer. I am purchasing a 2013 ST-Limited from Len at Pitbull Powersports and he is installing the Utopia set-up on my Spyder.

Well I just finished the install on the Utopia Backrest for my 2012 Lava/Tan Comfort seat. The install wasn't too hard. It takes a while to get up the nerve to insert the knife blade into the seat. I want to thank everyone who went before me and posted to cover the bottomless parts grabbers. It did save me on the reinstall to the bike those pesky little nuts sure don't stay where they need to. LOL. Next is the new sway bar maybe tomorrow?

J. D.[/QUOTE]