PDA

View Full Version : The polar bear ride is a go for the 19th

mrmichaelg
01-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Hope everyone had a good holiday. I just got off the phone with Ed from Atlantic City Cycle Center, to verify it's a go for the 19th. I checked extended forecast and should be sunny. Now, for all you that said you will ride. I'll see you there. If you are truly a polar bear rider.:bowdown: We will meet Atlantic City cycle center 9 o'clock and pushoff at 9:30. Ed will have hot coffee and donuts for us, before you ride. Here is the route we will be taking. The ride starts at acc n on 7th st to moss mill rd for 13 miles then take slight left onto cologne port republic rd for .9 miles take a slight left, then 2.2 into Clarks Landing Rd for .2 miles on to Chestnut neck Road 2.4 miles on to New York. Rd 2.3 miles, left onto East Motts Creek road arrived at 200 E. Motts Creek Rd . And that's the Motts Creek Inn, where we can stop eat and warm up before returning back to Atlantic City cycle center

spyder3
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm still good for this Michael. Unless my better half conjures something up last minute:gaah: How far is the ride in total, I might be frozen before i get there...:roflblack: 80 miles one way..:thumbup:

kentompkins
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
mrmichaelg....

Most of this is withing 5 miles from where I live. I ride these roads on a regular basis when the weather is good. Indeed, you will go within a half-mile of Stockton -- the college where I teach.

ken tompkins

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I just got off the phone with Ed from Atlantic City Cycle Center, to verify it's a go for the 19th. I checked extended forecast and should be sunny. Now, for all you that said you will ride. I'll see you there. If you are truly a polar bear rider.:bowdown: We will meet Atlantic City cycle center 9 o'clock and pushoff at 9:30. Ed will have hot coffee and donuts for us, before you ride. Here is the route we will be taking. The ride starts at acc n on 7th st to moss mill rd for 13 miles then take slight left onto cologne port republic rd for .9 miles take a slight left, then 2.2 into Clarks Landing Rd for .2 miles on to Chestnut neck Road 2.4 miles on to New York. Rd 2.3 miles, left onto East Motts Creek road arrived at 200 E. Motts Creek Rd . And that's the Motts Creek Inn, where we can stop eat and warm up before returning back to Atlantic City cycle center

Champagne
01-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm in for it.

Boriken
01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I will be there, God willing!!!

Dwanton
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I would like to get the dust off my spyder , so hopefully it warms up to atleast 60 for us -- LOL :thumbup:

mike , dont forget to update the collective web group thread.

spyder3
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm in for it.

which way would you be coming down? I forget where you live. If 295 S we could hook up. let me know.

john

Champagne
01-11-2013, 06:41 AM
which way would you be coming down? I forget where you live. If 295 S we could hook up. let me know.

john

What's up John I live in Somerset closer to new Brunwick. I am going down to Howell Township to meet a couple of buddy's there
and we are leaving from there.

DrewNJ
01-13-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm out. Just found out that I have to work.

Have a safe ride all! :doorag:

mrmichaelg
01-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Okay all you polar bears, we only have two more days and a wake-up before the ride. The weather forecast looks good, mostly sunny, high 40s. Time to brush off some of that dusk ,and get the adrenalin going. See you on Saturday the 19th:2thumbs::2thumbs:

kentompkins
01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
I may not be able to go though I might ride my Silverwing out to ACCC for the meetup. I have a great reason why I can't come and I'll explain it when I see you or when you see me.

kt

Okay all you polar bears, we only have two more days and a wake-up before the ride. The weather forecast looks good, mostly sunny, high 40s. Time to brush off some of that dusk ,and get the adrenalin going. See you on Saturday the 19th:2thumbs::2thumbs:

spyder3
01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
good thing you said Saturday Michael, I thought it was sunday...:banghead:

mrmichaelg
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Talk to Ed at ACCC and everything is go. The weather looks good. :yikes:Just one little small hiccup, we're going to ride to a different location JDs Inn in Smithville. Motts suffered damage from Sandy. Other than that, I'll see you all tomorrow.

DrewNJ
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
good thing you said Saturday Michael, I thought it was sunday...:banghead:

That wouldn't be the first time you had those days mixed up....:roflblack:

Seriously, have a great ride all. Ride safe.

spyder3
01-18-2013, 07:05 PM
That wouldn't be the first time you had those days mixed up....:roflblack:

Seriously, have a great ride all. Ride safe.

i know, seriously.....WT:cus:

Dwanton
01-19-2013, 06:52 AM
it was 24 degrees at 5am , at my house -- 650 it is a wopping 29 degrees -- it warming up pretty fast for a popsicle run !! :yes:

spyder3
01-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Good fun today. Started out cold, 28ish, was up to 55 by 2pm and the sweat thing was happening...

Good to see you guys/gals again!

Where were you Ken??:D

bh164
02-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Hope everyone had a good holiday. I just got off the phone with Ed from Atlantic City Cycle Center, to verify it's a go for the 19th. I checked extended forecast and should be sunny. Now, for all you that said you will ride. I'll see you there. If you are truly a polar bear rider.:bowdown: We will meet Atlantic City cycle center 9 o'clock and pushoff at 9:30. Ed will have hot coffee and donuts for us, before you ride. Here is the route we will be taking. The ride starts at acc n on 7th st to moss mill rd for 13 miles then take slight left onto cologne port republic rd for .9 miles take a slight left, then 2.2 into Clarks Landing Rd for .2 miles on to Chestnut neck Road 2.4 miles on to New York. Rd 2.3 miles, left onto East Motts Creek road arrived at 200 E. Motts Creek Rd . And that's the Motts Creek Inn, where we can stop eat and warm up before returning back to Atlantic City cycle center I would be coming from Clifton overnighter in ac is always fun

mrmichaelg
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I would be coming from Clifton overnighter in ac is always fun
The spring and summer is coming, and we are planning more rides. Look for the collective web and that's where you'll find us. We're going to spyderfest in April the for the posting from champagne. Or you can PM me