PDA

View Full Version : Key West and Keys Hotel Recommendation?

1551retired
01-08-2013, 07:24 AM
We're planning a two night trip down to Key West on the RT the end of February and time is getting short on selecting a hotel. :yes:Any recommendation on bike friendly hotels? If we can't find a place in Key West we're thinking Marathon or Islamorada. Please share your expeniences. Thanks.

Cavman
01-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Once you hit the Keys, Islamorada is about 1/4 the way down the Keys. Marathon is half way and Key West is at the end.

I used to stay at a special place in Key Largo but it's not offered any more and I'm still bummed about it. One of the reasons I quit going to the Keys. $25 a night and great accommodations!

Are you going to be going and seeing the sights? Or are you a scuba diver?
Last time my dive buddy and I went down and took the boat, we stayed at the Blue Fin Inn in Islamorda because it was cheap. I would most likely not recommend that place....cause it was cheap. Just down the road is Indian Key with the ONLY free public boat launch ramp in the area. 4x4 mandatory!
A group of us divers went to Key West one night and it was not for me. Way too many people in such a small area.
I took my normal boat down there back in 2007 Thanksgiving week. Before that, we had my Grumman canoe with a 5HP outboard out in the water, bay and ocean side! Makes a great dive buoy?

Check www.visitthekeys.com/best-places and see if this helps?
www.floridakeys.com. Also, look up "Best of The Florida Keys" and read that article.

That's some of my experiences having traveled down to the Keys for over ten years starting in 1997.
I hope some of the links help y'all out?

rcdurango
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Judy and I made our first Spyder vacation to FL and the Keys. That was such a sweet ride. Anyway, most places in Key West are a bit
pricey but we stayed two nights hear and it was very nice.
Sheraton Suites KeyWest.(305)292-9800 www.sheratonkeywest.com

Centrally located across the street from Smather's Beach also.