PDA

View Full Version : How do you get on

babeshorty
01-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Just would like to know how some of you get on when putting on after market stuff on your spyder, and then have a warranty problem. Do BRP warranty it?

Bob Denman
01-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I'd have to say that it all depends on just what's been added...
IF; let's say, you add an aftermarket exhaust, gut the airbox and add a fuel controller and burn down the engine... What do you think they're going to say? :shocked:
But if you change windshields, and the swingarm falls off... that's another story!
My own experience with BRP and a couple of warranty issues, is that they back their product. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-08-2013, 07:50 AM
:lecturef_smilie: I'd worry about those red number plate screws that you added... If your handlebars fall off; BRPs gonna make a stink about them! :joke::roflblack::joke:

BajaRon
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
As mentioned, it depends on a combination of what you've modified, what failed and your dealership. Some things aren't covered because they are wear parts and have nothing to do with any modification.

I had a dealership tell me that the reason my DPS failed is because I installed an aftermarket cruise control. I called shenanigans on that one and eventually everything worked out fine with BRP replacing the faulty DPS on my 2008 GS.

If you put a turbo on your Spyder and the engine blows up you're understandably on your own. But for most modifications or doing our own oil changes, etc., you're not going to have any warranty issues.

swrafey2000
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
You forgot to add the word twice in that statement Ron.:joke:

babeshorty
01-08-2013, 10:01 PM
How many of you have a GS or RS /RSS that tow are trailer, with an aftermarket tow hitch. And have had trouble with the clutch? Was it covered by warranty or not

Big Arm
01-08-2013, 10:33 PM
I've towed a Bushtec trailer with home made hitch, for approx 2 yrs.........no problem with my clutch..... ('08 GS manual)

MouthPiece
01-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Caveat Emptor.

Chris

effgjamis
01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Caveat Emptor.

Chris

there you go, with all of those big words. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-09-2013, 07:48 AM
:lecturef_smilie: If you cook the clutch; just make absolutely SURE that there's nothing on the bike that screams "TRAILER USAGE!" when it goes in the shop...:shocked: