PDA

View Full Version : Looking for OE handlebar riser.

Spidergirl
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
My hubby is putting on 4 1/2" riser on my spyder, but my spyder has 1" risers already and he needs a stock riser to do it. Does anyone have one of these lying around that they would be willing to sell? I live near Ottawa, Ontario.:helpsmilie:

Big Arm
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
There is no riser on stock. The 1 " riser would of been added by dealer probably during set-up. Are you talking about removing the 1" riser, in order to add the 4" riser???? I installed my 4" risers and still left the 1" riser in place. (there was enough slack in the wires)
This is on my '08GS

bscrive
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi Big Arm,

I am Spydergirl's husband. I am putting on the Custom Dynamics 4.5" risers on her Spyder. Are you sure that there is enough length on her cables and wiring? The instructions state that the risers will not work with the BRP 1" riser installed. I did see an OE riser on ebay that someone has for sale. But, getting it here is expensive. So, that is why we decided to see if anyone around Ottawa has one that is laying around. We would even trade the 1" riser we have for the stock one.

Brian

Big Arm
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Sent you a PM

bscrive
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, I installed the 4.5" risers tonight. Spidergirl did not like them so I took them off.:banghead: She found them too high and they didn't bring the handlebars back enough. I would have had problems with the throttle because there was not enough slack when I turned the handlebars to the right.. I do have the BRP 1" riser and not the 1" riser block. Long Story short...I now have a set of Custom Dynamics 4.5" risers for sale. Going to leave it as is. :banghead:

Thanks for your help guys.