PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake.........sticking

tfjunkie
03-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Anybody having parking brake issues???????????

Lately mine has been sticking after i apply it. Have to put a lot of weight on it to release and try a few times to get it to release.

Suggestions / ideas ?

John

Polack
03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes, I've had the same problem. Someone suggested that putting some WD40 on the mechinism would help. I did and it did. Problem gone...for now. :bigthumbsup:

smokster
03-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Anybody having parking brake issues???????????

Lately mine has been sticking after i apply it. Have to put a lot of weight on it to release and try a few times to get it to release.

Suggestions / ideas ?

John

My dealer took it apart and lubed it up I guess, it works fine now.
Warranty work took care of it.

Ryno
03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I had the same issue.. Lube the big boy up!!! It will resolve the issue.

Diggittt
03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I was having the same problem then today I was on my slanted driveway and I went to release the parking break and made sure my foot was on the foot brake. The parking break disengaged without any sticking what so ever. I rode all day and continued to use this method and haven't had any problems with it not wanting to release. ;D So it seems that it might be a safety feature on the spyder.

Diggittt

jonnyrebel2004
03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I just got my Spyder and have used the parking break once prior to today. Today the parking break stuck down and I couldn't get it to release. When after about 20 minutes it finally released but the parking break light is still flashing and when you press down on the parking break it no longer clicks. It goes down and comes right back up but the parking break is not engaged on it. Anyone have any ideas? I am about 12 hours from the closest dealer and would like to try to fix it myself. Thanks

Diggittt
03-24-2008, 09:33 PM
I just got my Spyder and have used the parking break once prior to today. Today the parking break stuck down and I couldn't get it to release. When after about 20 minutes it finally released but the parking break light is still flashing and when you press down on the parking break it no longer clicks. It goes down and comes right back up but the parking break is not engaged on it. Anyone have any ideas? I am about 12 hours from the closest dealer and would like to try to fix it myself. Thanks

Make sure you have your foot on the brake while you press down on the parking break. should release with no problem.

Diggittt

jonnyrebel2004
03-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah I did that I tried everything I could think of like pressing down the break, holding in the clutch, engine running, engine not running. Now I am afraid something is broke and I have nowhere to take it.

csmead
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I have heard of others having problems with the parking brake, mine is starting to get "sticky" also. I would call your closest service department and ask them for help. I would also order (and I have...not in yet) the service manuel, 'cause it looks like you will be doing a lot of the work yourself! For a quick fix, maybe someone with a service manuel can FAX or scan/email just the pages with the e-brake info on it?