PDA

View Full Version : How can I open the Glove Box on RT Limited? Pressing down wont work!

Gary1951
01-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I cannot open the glove box on our 2012 RT. Any suggestions are appreciated....

Gary

CyncySpyder
01-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Turn the bike on and make sure the steering isn't locked, cause it also locks the glovebox.

Bob Denman
01-07-2013, 10:25 AM
:shocked: Do you have anything stored within it that might be interfering with the latching mechanism? :dontknow:
I'd try cycling the locking mechanism to see if that frees it up.
(Although since I've only used it once; the process is escaping me at this moment! :opps:)

bluestratos
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I use a light smack with the side of my fist and it opens every time, pushing down does not work well on mine either.

jerpinoy
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
:dontknow:I'll be interested how this issue end up:(

gswife
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I have found if I push to hard it will not come open and if I slam it closed it will not latch.. so you might try a lighter touch..

NancysToy
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
If anything pushes back, it may not unlatch. It sounds like your latch or cable needs adjusting or repair/replacement. I'd see your dealer before you are accused of damaging it.

muonwhiz
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I have the same problem with mine, it does not want either to open or close, so I finally have just stopped using it.

ARtraveler
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Light pressure or make sure the steering is not locked. Remember to push in on the key when turning. If these don't work, have the dealer take a look. A broken into or broken glove box mechanism will end up costing you big bucks. I am guessing not a warranty item if broken by the owner.

Let us know what happens.

Gary1951
01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Light pressure or make sure the steering is not locked. Remember to push in on the key when turning. If these don't work, have the dealer take a look. A broken into or broken glove box mechanism will end up costing you big bucks. I am guessing not a warranty item if broken by the owner.

Thanks for all of the suggestions..... nothing seems to work, so I'll take it to a dealer.

Bob Denman
01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
That's too bad! good luck with the dealer! :thumbup:
Just don't let him get any crazy ideas... :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_TKqD2oB4

NancysToy
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM

The key has nothing to do with the glove box...unless the steering is locked.

ARtraveler
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Senior moment time. The key is for the frunk. Oooooooooooooooops :roflblack:

DLewis
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Had trouble with mine not wanting to stay closed.:banghead: Took it to local dealer, was repaired under warranty. :ohyea: