PDA

View Full Version : First day on my spyder ST Limited. ( first time owner )

wildtexasrangr
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
What a rush:spyder2: !!!! I'm a teenager again.:yes: I'm so freaking HAPPY!!! When its been 18 years of dreaming about riding again and doing it, there is nothing like it in the world !!!! (could not hold up a 2 wheel bike due to injured back and nerve damage ) The bike handled like a dream and has enough power even for a big person like my self. ( 6' 4'' 300 lbs) I'm not sure how to break this down so people can understand what I'm saying so Ill do it as LIKE & DISLIKE. :opps:

1. Love that you DON'T have to down shift this bike it does it it's self.(as it slows down it downs the gears for you to first gear. )

2. Stereo sounds great even at highway speeds. Love the feature that it lowers the sound as you slow down then as you speed up it goes up too.

3. Looks sexy and bad :cus: at the same time !!!! :yikes: (:roflblack: Not me, the bike :roflblack: ) Ok me too.:roflblack:

4.The floor boards on this bike are so sweet .

5. They moved the battery to the front trunk which is very nice for wiring things up.

Chupaca
01-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Glad your back.. As there are no dislikes posted you must be very pleased. Hope your back is handling it as well. Mine has always done so much better on the :spyder2: than the car.. Ryde on:thumbup:

wildtexasrangr
01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
:spyder2::opps::lecturef_smilie: what happen let me do this again.

coz
01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
:spyder2::opps::lecturef_smilie: what happen let me do this again.Got pics?

mcaccamise
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Welcome ride safe and enjoy the wind in your face again.:thumbup:

BikerDoc
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Nice to hear from a happy camper who is having fun.....!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Bob Denman
01-06-2013, 04:23 PM
:agree::congrats: :2thumbs:

jerpinoy
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
:congrats::yes::yes::yes:

Netminder
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
:welcome:Enjoy the ride!

ARtraveler
01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde.

Glad you are having a great time. :2thumbs:

wildtexasrangr
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
What a rush:spyder2: !!!! I'm a teenager again.:yes: I'm so freaking HAPPY!!! When its been 18 years of dreaming about riding again and doing it, there is nothing like it in the world !!!! (could not hold up a 2 wheel bike due to injured back and nerve damage ) The bike handled like a dream and has enough power even for a big person like my self. ( 6' 4'' 300 lbs) I'm not sure how to break this down so people can understand what I'm saying so Ill do it as LIKE & DISLIKE. :opps:

1. Love that you DON'T have to down shift this bike it does it it's self.(as it slows down it downs the gears for you to first gear. )

2. Stereo sounds great even at highway speeds. Love the feature that it lowers the sound as you slow down then as you speed up it goes up too.

3. Looks sexy and bad :cus: at the same time !!!! :yikes: (:roflblack: Not me, the bike :roflblack: ) Ok me too.:roflblack:

4.The floor boards on this bike are so sweet .

5. They moved the battery to the front trunk which is very nice for wiring things up.

6.The simple of the bike is great, my wife learned to ride mine in 30 min.(never been on a bike be for ) she will be getting her M Lic. soon.

Dislike's ::lecturef_smilie: (Things I haven't figured out yet to fix the problems for me . )

1. The windshield fairing is a little to low for me by about an inch or two ( Im 6' 4'' tall ) wind hits me right in the forehead and eyes.

2. The hook ups for the mp3 player & power supply are in the bottom back of the front trunk.

3. The dash is small so there is no place to really put a cup holder or cell phone, the GPS is hooked on to the bottom 2 bolt holding the bars.

4. NO GLOVE BOX ( :mad: didn't notice till I got it home, o- well )

5. Cant ride 24/7

Really not complaining here 4 things out of 100000 of things I love ain't bad at all. Other than No glove box I'll figure out something and hope some of you have some advice on how to hook things up on this bike.

Things I want for my :spyder2: Not in order ::pray:

1. Green & white LED's under glow in the front & down the sides

2. White LED's front runners lights.

3. Red LED's under the back seat.

4. Green halo LED's around fog lights.

5. Green LED Darth Vader lights.

6. Fog lights.

7. Cup and cell phone holder on the dash.

8. Extra rear LED brake lights.

9. Front skid plate.

10. Belt drive controller .

11. Driver back rest.

12. Glow rider's ( green ) for the front rims

I'll get some pics soon for you folks ,if there is any thing special you want to see let me know.
If you have advice on any of the things Ive talked about I'm listening up and hope it helps some one out.

Be safe and keep the rubber down
Eddie

wolfeman220940
01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
How well do you like the radio system? How big are the hard storage bags on the sides of the bike?

wildtexasrangr
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Stereo is great , and plenty of room in the bags.

wolfeman220940
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Is your white or is the blackish one? Could you post some pic?

weapon
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the review!!

I wish the ST-S came in white.

Bob Denman
01-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Eddie,
I like your "Wish-List"! :2thumbs:

They do offer a taller windshield for the ST bikes too! :thumbup:

JKMSPYDER
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Eddie, congrats on your new ride. I picked up my new ST-S also on Saturday. if you check out a lot of the vendors on this site, I'll bet you can find everything you need for your new Spyder.

John

wildtexasrangr
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I filled up my tank full of 93 oct. and I only road 100 miles and time to fill up again. Hmmm bike runs fine. Dont smell gas or see any leaks. Haven't road it hard just the speed limits. 55 to 70 mph back country roads. somethings not right..?? Any body else with an ST doing the same on mileage. I hope it gets better :pray: !!!!

wildtexasrangr
01-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I think mine has the biggest 1 on it but I'll check looks 25''

Bob Denman
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
In the Accessories Catalog:
Part Number 219400354
$269.99
They say that it's taller and wider... :thumbup:

http://www.brp.com/Flipbooks/Can-Am-Spyder-Catalog.aspx?Culture=en-us

Bryk
01-08-2013, 09:08 AM
In the Accessories Catalog:
Part Number 219400354
$269.99
They say that it's taller and wider... :thumbup:

http://www.brp.com/Flipbooks/Can-Am-Spyder-Catalog.aspx?Culture=en-us

There are also aftermarket options that are available. Calsci already has 3 versions (and multiple sizes - even have a sizing chart) out for the ST, and I know some people around here like F4 windshield as well.

I myself plan on purchasing the Calsci large wideversion as I am 5'10" with a 30 inch inseam.

Osros
01-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I filled up my tank full of 93 oct. and I only road 100 miles and time to fill up again. Hmmm bike runs fine. Dont smell gas or see any leaks. Haven't road it hard just the speed limits. 55 to 70 mph back country roads. somethings not right..?? Any body else with an ST doing the same on mileage. I hope it gets better :pray: !!!!

Don't have mine yet, but sounds extremely low. I would hope the ST would be doing the 25 to 30 mpg as the other models.. Have it checked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wildtexasrangr
01-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info Ill check them out. Ill be sitting and looking at the ST:ani29: for the next few days maybe till next week since we have a lot of rain coming my way.:opps: which we need real bad. Thanks for the info again. I'm hopping the millage gets better too.

Keep it safe and fun.
Eddie

GloryRyders
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Sounds like you need to come to Spyderfest and check out the vendors..............just bring lots on cash and credit cards for all the farkles :roflblack:

spydermyke990
01-09-2013, 08:28 PM
:nopic:

AbNormy
01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
:thumbup::o:thumbup::o;):rolleyes::sly: Congrats!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rock'nSTLtd
01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
First I would like to say :congrats:. Its nice to see people get excited about their passions. I would also like to say "Thank you". It was your post that convinced me to pull the trigger and put a deposit down on a 2013 ST Limited at the Calgary Motorcycle Show last weekend. Your "likes & dislikes" were extremely helpful.
Next weekend it will be paid in full and hopefully we will have an early spring. :ohyea:
:cheers: Lori

Be safe and keep the rubber down
Eddie

Rotaxer
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Welcome follow Albertan! Just did some upgrades to my RT and can't wait to ride again! Enjoy the toy.

wildtexasrangr
01-13-2013, 08:17 PM
:congrats: on your new ride sir, I'm so sure you will love your:spyder2: ST ltd. :pray:ing for the weather to warm up and the rain to be gone for a few days.Glad I'm in Texas ( Don't like the weather, wait a day it will change. ):roflblack:

Keep it safe all
Eddie