PDA

View Full Version : Nose Mask Or Bra

MaybeSpyder?
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?

Jharpo
01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=MaybeSpyder?;556371]Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?[/QUOTE
I've never seen one. Other than for the look, don't really see a need. You'll find that bugs clean off pretty easily from Tupperware and small rocks just bounce off. Spend your money on a good bump skid to protect the nose from small critters.

wa3wheels
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?

Try local auto dealer for installer of 3M film on vehicle fronts. Works great, I had RT front and side panels and front of saddle bags covered. Be sure to clean bug juice at the end of day, Re; the bug acid will damage film. Have put 21000 miles across the Country and all looks new.

MaybeSpyder?
01-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Try local auto dealer for installer of 3M film on vehicle fronts. Works great, I had RT front and side panels and front of saddle bags covered. Be sure to clean bug juice at the end of day, Re; the bug acid will damage film. Have put 21000 miles across the Country and all looks new.

I've done the film routine on my Subaru myself and had a professional apply it to my wife's Audi, as she's pickyer. On my current bike a Goldwing I have a Black Mask which really helps keep it clean and paint chip free. Was hoping for the same on the RT. If I can't locate a vinyl mask I'll likely go the route of 3M film.

NancysToy
01-05-2013, 11:52 PM
I have never heard of one or seen one either. It would sure make it hard to open the trunk. If you can figure a way to attach it, a good upholsterer might be able to make you one.

MaybeSpyder?
01-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I have never heard of one or seen one either. It would sure make it hard to open the trunk. If you can figer a way to attach it, a good upholsterer might be able to make you one.

Nancy those smart Upholster's can be found. Back in 1980 I owned a 1979 Renault LeCar Bright Red. I had a custom made front nose mask made for it, worked pretty well. I currently have a nose mask for my Subaru and my wife has one for her Audi.

wtwing15
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM

Hi try this Australian website ( bottom of home page you can get a very well made one in your colour choice I have one
http://www.ozspyderryders.com/

Spacetrucker
01-06-2013, 12:50 AM
This a great site, just reg hope to all over on the outher side. Thks

Spacetrucker
01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Sent him a e-mail about it and call one of the spyders buddy's I know their and will get price sent out to us. Looks good rely nice..

MaybeSpyder?
01-06-2013, 01:30 AM
:2thumbs:
Hi try this Australian website ( bottom of home page you can get a very well made one in your colour choice I have one

Thanks for that msg. I just went to that site and registered. Hopefully I'll get access so that I can take a peek at those bra's.

ThreeWheels
01-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Sent him a e-mail about it and call one of the spyders buddy's I know their and will get price sent out to us. Looks good rely nice..

Keep posting. I'd be interested also. The one post that stated that small rocks just bounce off is not wholly correct. I have a ding in the front that I'd like to cover up with a nose bra.

Bob Denman
01-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Nose bras and that frunklid are working against one another's best interests... Don't they have that film that can be stuck to the front of the 622s? Has anybody layed any of that on a Spyder's nose? :dontknow:

MouthPiece
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Very interesting site.

Chris

arntufun
01-06-2013, 09:18 AM

We all know never to keep your Spyder covered while trailering and IMO these nose bras are just as bad of an idea. Look at what they do to cars.........

SpydermanCT
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
I have a clear plastic product called Armourfend on both my vehicles. I believe it is an excellent product that will eliminate stone chips and scratches on your car or truck. It will also not allow the paint to oxidize at a different rate than a panel that is not coated. If you elected to remove it a few years later the paint would be perfect under it and match. I have not found a company that does the RT but there are a few companies out there that have kits for the RS.

Attached is a page from a company in Connecticut that sells them.

http://pages.aftermarketquote.com/WebConnect/webconnect/webconnect_init.jsf?PageName=AUTOMOBILIAPPF

asp125
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Spyderwraps Pete on here is able to make custom ones.

Bob Denman
01-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Do you mean of the Armourfend style product?? :dontknow: :thumbup:

mick ruhdorf
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
hi all the lady (BABESHORTY) who makes the bra also makes gaurd covers not my thing but some swear by them ,she also started the website for us ozzy spyder ryders shes a lovely lady who does good work.
cheers mick :doorag:

asp125
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Spyderwraps Pete on here is able to make custom ones.

Do you mean of the Armourfend style product?? :dontknow: :thumbup:

Pete PM'd me on the "What do you want" thread about stone chip protection. He's got some clear wrap material and standard templates. I just have to measure up and trace templates for additional areas I want covered.