PDA

View Full Version : Who from Iowa is attending Spyderfest

wolfee
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I for one don't want to miss this years Spyderfest. Already registered and staying at the Comfort Inn and will be heading down on April 23 from Waukee. Who else from Iowa is attending?

Bill

Farmbanker
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Bill, the wife and I are going but only can be there the nights of the 26th and 27th. Gonna trailer it down (this time anyway). We are also staying at the Comfort Inn so we look forward to seeing you there.

Eric & Kelly

wolfee
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Looking forward to meeting other Iowa riders. See you there.

Farmbanker
01-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Looking forward to meeting other Iowa riders. See you there.:hun:
:shocked:You mean other than me?:roflblack::roflblack: Really, I ain't all that bad!

We will see you there.

GuitarPlayer
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony

Deke
01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
We just registered for our first SpyderFest! We'll be traveling from Cedar Rapids, and would absolutely be interested in meeting up with folks to ride down!

+Peace,

Deke

goldndawn
01-09-2013, 05:16 PM
We won't be able to go.. as it is the end of ISU semester.. Have fun for us . and we will meet you all some time .. Dave and Allie :2thumbs:

jat4736
01-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Do you have an idea on the route you are taking down there? I live on the board of Iowa and Illinois.

We just registered for our first SpyderFest! We'll be traveling from Cedar Rapids, and would absolutely be interested in meeting up with folks to ride down!

+Peace,

Deke

Farmbanker
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM

+Peace,

Deke

That would be a lot of fun, but we are trailering down and can only attend for a few days. :( I applaud your intentions! :clap:

Deke
01-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Do you have an idea on the route you are taking down there? I live on the board of Iowa and Illinois.

Actually, probably leaving from the Bellevue area, so travel options are open. Where along the border are you?

LJspydee
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I for one don't want to miss this years Spyderfest. Already registered and staying at the Comfort Inn and will be heading down on April 23 from Waukee. Who else from Iowa is attending?

Bill
We are from Waterloo and will be attending our first Spyderfest. We will be trailering in from AZ and staying at the
Super 8.

Larry

Starrider
01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=GuitarPlayer;556543]Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony[/QUOTE}

Hey, I grew up in Tama county many years ago about 7 miles the other side of Traer. Moved away when I went to college in the late sixties.

About the trip, don't let short ride experience scare you out of coming to Spyderfest. My wife never rode a motorcycle before she got her RS two years ago. She did a few practice rides around the neighborhood before she rode to Gatlinburg, Tennessee two weeks later with a group of friends. Would love to see you here.

LJspydee
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=GuitarPlayer;556543]Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony[/QUOTE}

Hey, I grew up in Tama county many years ago about 7 miles the other side of Traer. Moved away when I went to college in the late sixties.

About the trip, don't let short ride experience scare you out of coming to Spyderfest. My wife never rode a motorcycle before she got her RS two years ago. She did a few practice rides around the neighborhood before she rode to Gatlinburg, Tennessee two weeks later with a group of friends. Would love to see you here.

I grew up in Traer and left in 1965 to go to college and retired from Deere in 2001.

Larry

jat4736
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
crossing boarder by Hannibal

Actually, probably leaving from the Bellevue area, so travel options are open. Where along the border are you?

Big Arm
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
OF COURSE I'M GOING !!!!!! :yes: I've been to the last three, and I can't miss this one :roflblack:

3tracs
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
I'd love to go, just not sure I'll be able to yet... stay tuned! :pray:

wolfee
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Anyone from the Des Moines area going this year. I know there's a few Spyder Riders in the Area. Looks like the Eastern half of the state will be well represented.

Bill

Mowerman
01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Bill,
The wife and I will not be able to make it to spyderfest this year. She fell and broke her ankle. She will not be walking untill late April. I dont think she will be up to the trip.

You guys have a great time.

Mowerman

Iowaspyderlove
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
We are going but after getting caught in the rain storm last year on the way home from Spyderfest we are also trailering there. Looking forward to meeting other Iowa people there.

Steve and Mary

Slagiatt
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Not sure if this counts, but I grew up in Davenport and I'll be going to (my first) Spyderfest...but I live in Indy now.
Still have the roots, though. :-)

Explorer53525
03-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Group so far has at least 6 spyders from Wisconsin and 1 from the quad cities traveling to Spyderfest together. Possibly some folks from Illinois too.
Anyone want to join us?
We are staying Tuesday night in Coralville, Iowa at the Heartland, Inn, 87 2nd Street • Coralville, Iowa Call 800-334-3277 Rates $79 - $89 with “hearty breakfast

Wednesday, April 24 9:00 am: Meet at Heartland Inn, 87 2nd Street • Coralville, Iowa
9:30 am: Depart with full tanks from Heartland Inn, Coralville, Iowa
Iowa 27 South 85 miles to Missouri 27 South MO-27 becomes US-61 S next stop = 1 hour 53 min., 112 mi.
11:25 am: Gas stop, Ayerco, Canton, MO
11:45 am Depart Gas next stop = 40 min., 37 mi.
12:25 pm: Lunch Hannibal, MO
1:45 pm: Depart Hannibal, MO next stop = 1 hour 1 min., 53 mi.
2:46 pm: Gas and Break at Mexico, MO
3:01 pm: Depart Gas next stop = 1 hour 29 min., 95 mi.
4:30 pm: Gas and Break at Osage Beach, MO
4:45 pm: Depart Gas next stop = 1 hour 42 min., 101 mi.
6:30 pm: Arrive at Days Inn Hotel, Ozark

LeClaireRog
06-28-2013, 06:32 AM

My wife and I also live on the Iowa Illinois border. Bought our bike in April.