PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with smoothspyder belt tensioner?

bob edward
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
i would like to know every ones comments on the belt tensioner smoothspyder.is a good idea or a bad idea to put it on my 2012 rt-s with 13000Kms on the spyder. in the warm weather i have a small vibration when i come down from higher speeds but in cold weather i do not feel the vibration.could smothspyder cause other problems.​ all comments welcome.

mooneych
01-03-2013, 07:44 PM
i would like to know every ones comments on the belt tensioner smoothspyder.is a good idea or a bad idea to put it on my 2012 rt-s with 13000Kms on the spyder. in the warm weather i have a small vibration when i come down from higher speeds but in cold weather i do not feel the vibration.could smothspyder cause other problems.​ all comments welcome.

Please see below.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?26856-Best-Mod-Capt-Jim-s-Smooth-Spyder(TM)-Belt-Tensioner&highlight=smooth

Extracool
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Just got mine from Capt.Jim, Rode 100 miles yesterday, smoothest ride on a Spyder since my 1st spyder in 2008. Now ride the 2012 RT SE5, Absolutely no vibration at any speed, hard to think that all these years we put up with the vibrations when there is a quality product that works and cures the vibration problem completely.Met Capt.Jim and his wife, they are a super nice couple.

JkRbbt
01-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Sitting here impatiently waiting for my new RT. A couple of things that sound like a good idea are the SmoothSpyder belt tensioner and the 'Pop Missing belt guard. Anyone know if these two items are compatible? Looks like it may get a little crowded down there by the belt. Thanx for any input.

Bad Dog6
01-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Sitting here impatiently waiting for my new RT. A couple of things that sound like a good idea are the SmoothSpyder belt tensioner and the 'Pop Missing belt guard. Anyone know if these two items are compatible? Looks like it may get a little crowded down there by the belt. Thanx for any input.

There is no problem. I have both on my 2011 RT Limited.

eddieshep999
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM

When you say new Spyder is it a 2013 model - If it is I would just contact SmoothSpyder and Spyderpops to ensue there have been
no changes to the design of the Spyder from the 2010-2012 Models which could affect fitting of these items

I have both the SmoothSpyder and the Spyderpops belt guard on my 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Model and rate them as excellent in both
build quality and the functions they are designed to do - Well worth the investment in my opinion

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

JkRbbt
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanx for the replies, guys. Yes, I am waiting for a new 2013 and I WILL ask the question about body/frame changes before I order. Want to get a few functional items like these and the bump/skid before I go for "show"! Sure appreciate the conversations, here. Very helpful. Happy New Year and here's hoping for a EARLY start to the riding season!