PDA

View Full Version : oil treatment

arris
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Just wondering if any one heard of or used XADO in their spyders. Or heard of anyone using this stuff.

Bad Dog6
01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I am not familiar with XADO but I can tell you that putting additives in Motor Oil is not a good idea. If you think about it, regardless what oil is in your motor, it is someones scientific formula. There is no way to tell what you will do to that formula by putting additives in it. May make it better, may do nothing or may compromise the formula.

Speaking for Amsoil, I can tell you they specifically say, "Do not put additives in our oil" Amsoil's warranty says that if you have a failure caused by our oil, we will replace the engine. Of course, samples are taken and sent for analysis. If additives are found in the oil, all bets are off.

Ga Blue Knight
01-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Just wondering if any one heard of or used XADO in their spyders. Or heard of anyone using this stuff.

Since the oil also drives the transmission I would be worried about clutch slippage.

Bob Denman
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
:agree: This would be my concern as well... The oil folks have engineers by the roomful, deciding what to put in their oils; it's probably best to leave it as they bottled it.

boborgera
01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
BRP, And all Vehicle manufacturers, Specifically state, Do not use oil additives.
But what hey, Try it out and let us know if it works as promised.:rolleyes:
You never know maybe the Ukrainian chemist's know better than the guys who warranty their stuff.:rolleyes:

Bob Denman
01-04-2013, 07:31 PM
White blobby stuff????? :shocked: :yikes: That just can't be good! :gaah: