PDA

View Full Version : Minnesotans Unite at Spyderfest!

Paula(Butch2025)
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
:yes:The big announcement came out...Spyderfest is going to be April 24 - 28 this year...the host city will be Ozark, MO.(near Springfield, MO):yes:

So now the big question is, "Who's going from Minnesota?"

Butch and I have already registered online. Check out the official post for Spyderfest for all the registration and lodging information. http://www.spyderfest.com Then as the event gets closer they will add the event schedule.

If you have not attended this event before it is a must! It is a wonderful way to meet some great people, put some faces to the names you see here on Spyderlover, there will be lots of vendors (mostly the ones on this site!) with great riding opportunities too. So, put in for your days off of work (if like Butch and I, you still need to do that!) or put in for days off with the family (bring them with too!) and get your registration and reservations in soon!

See you there, Paula & Butch

Attending:
Butch & Paula - Econo Lodge
Seth - Econo Lodge
Eagle (Neal) - Super 8
MMcc (Mike & Carolyn) - camping
Soaring Hawk (Gary & Gwen) - camping
Richard - Super 8
badazzspyde (Russell & Joyce) - Hampton Inn
bobbobtar (Bob & Kathy) - Hampton Inn
Glenn & Di - Super 8
Cindy - Super 8
Fireplug98 (Tommy) - Econo Lodge
Bws (Bruce & Doreen) - Comfort Inn
Cindy - Super 8
Glenn & Di - Super 8
Vikki - Baymont Inn
wfdfirech3 (John) - Baymont Inn

MMcc
01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Paula, Carolyn and I are looking into RV parks. Would plan to attend on our way home. Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. Mike

soaring hawk
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Let me know if you find any rv parks, if the other half comes with I'll bring the toy hauler. If she doesn't come I'll tent it.
Stevemac said Len is checking out campgrounds and will post more info when he is done.

Come on winter end!!!
having Spyder withdrawals

Gary :doorag:

MMcc
01-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Hopefully they will find something closer than 35 or 40 miles. That was the best that I could find. I don't mind the ride but with my bride and puppy dog it would not be a fun time forth and back trying to take in all the activities. We do not pull a car behind the motorhome, as we rely on the spyder to get around while traveling. I sure something will work out as there are many RV and campers in the same situation. I am sure that they did not forget about us. I did call one motel to see if they would allow dry dock camping in their parking lot. I was told no, not an option. Local rules would prohibit us from staying in the unit. Not sure if they meant motel/city/county or state, but thought I would ask.

Paula(Butch2025)
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Paula, Carolyn and I are looking into RV parks. Would plan to attend on our way home. Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. Mike

Mike, if you check out the official Spyderfest website: http://www.spyderfest.com (http://www.spyderfest.com/) and click on the lodging tab at the top of the page they will have camping info coming soon. If I see it come up I'll shoot you a message. Not a lot of help right now but hopefully soon!

eagle
01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
i will for sure be there AGAIN. have room at the super 8, as i have done for the past 2 years in Cuba. for those " THINKING ' of going, put it on the TOP of your list for 2013. it is a BLAST, lots of cool people food and an all-around fun time. lots of good riding also.

DocRags
01-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. MikeWe're staying at Ozark Highlands, $28/day, as are several other attendees. It has public bathroom facilities. Len told Ed he was going to check it out before posting it. Looks like it's pretty close to the official hotel, something like 3 miles. There is another RV park nearby which is $40/day ($20/day for Passport America) but no public bathrooms.

Paula(Butch2025)
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
i will for sure be there AGAIN. have room at the super 8, as i have done for the past 2 years in Cuba. for those " THINKING ' of going, put it on the TOP of your list for 2013. it is a BLAST, lots of cool people food and an all-around fun time. lots of good riding also.
Glad to hear you will be there again.

Babyblue
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
We are considering heading to the 'Fest, but have to find a trailor for the Spyder and the Harley first. We don't want to buy one, just rent. Any ideas?

We will be at the Bike show on the 12th though.

Lori

Paula(Butch2025)
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
We are considering heading to the 'Fest, but have to find a trailor for the Spyder and the Harley first. We don't want to buy one, just rent. Any ideas?

Lori

Look forward to see you again at the bike show...see you at 2pm! You could check with Les at Caswell Cycle to see if they rent or know of a place to contact.

Paula(Butch2025)
01-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Wow! It looks like Minnesota will be well represented this year. Check our my first post in this thread to see a list of those that I have heard from that are going. If you are not on the list just post here and I will add you. Don't forget to pack your Minnesota SpyderLovers shirt to wear down there!!!

fireplug98
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I have reservation at EconoLodge. (If Tori lets me go :banghead:)
She can't go because of work.

:pray: I WANNA GO !! I WANNA GO !! I WANNA GO !! :pray:

FYI >>EconoLodge just opened up 20-25 more rooms for SpyderFest the other day, if anyone wants to switch to EconoLodge.
They are cheaper $$ than Super8.

Tommy J.

fireplug98
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Look forward to see you again at the bike show...see you at 2pm! You could check with Les at Caswell Cycle to see if they rent or know of a place to contact.

LOL I just talked to Les the other day about a trailer for me.
He is looking for one for me to buy (since another couple {I won't mention they're name} stole the one I wanted right out from under me.....) :gaah: LOL

Paula(Butch2025)
01-11-2013, 07:19 AM
LOL I just talked to Les the other day about a trailer for me.
He is looking for one for me to buy (since another couple {I won't mention they're name} stole the one I wanted right out from under me.....) :gaah: LOL

Good Luck with finding a trailer....but if Tori isn't going and you have an RT (with all those nice compartments) tell me again why you need a trailer?

fireplug98
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Good Luck with finding a trailer....but if Tori isn't going and you have an RT (with all those nice compartments) tell me again why you need a trailer?
Because I want to bring the farm !!!! LOL :-)

xpeschon
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I am originally from Pipestone Minnesota but now hail from Waynesville MO, and yes I will be there--Oh and Soaring Hawk, I see you are from Southern Minnesota, where bout??

X Man--

Paula(Butch2025)
01-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Because I want to bring the farm !!!! LOL :-)

:roflblack: Well don't forget to leave a little corner for all the "stuff" you'll be picking up down there too!:roflblack:

fireplug98
01-12-2013, 01:20 PM
:roflblack: Well don't forget to leave a little corner for all the "stuff" you'll be picking up down there too!:roflblack:
LOL Gonna bring a BIG backpack !!!! LOL

fireplug98
01-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm in !!!!! :yes: :ohyea:

Mama gave me the okie-dokie to go !!!
Unfortunately because of school, she can't get the time off to go.

Bws
01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
We haven't met before. I'm Bruce and my wife is Doreen. We live in Faribault and have had our Spyder (2010 RT) since Nov 2011. We are going to Spyderfest and have reservations at the Comfort Inn. We are going to trailer the Spyder to Springfield so we will see you there. I', sure it will be a lot of fun.

soaring hawk
01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
A big WELCOME Bws, Spyderfest is a blast! If your up to doing some rides this summer Gwen and I head towards lanesboro or redwing area and stop in faribault for breakfast on our way.

Happy trails:yes:

fireplug98
01-13-2013, 01:55 AM
We haven't met before. I'm Bruce and my wife is Doreen. We live in Faribault and have had our Spyder (2010 RT) since Nov 2011. We are going to Spyderfest and have reservations at the Comfort Inn. We are going to trailer the Spyder to Springfield so we will see you there. I', sure it will be a lot of fun.

Welcome !!! Great to meet ya Bruce & Doreen !! Hope to see you guys there !!
Your gonna have to come up to Caswells in Mora for some of our rides.
We all get together once a month. Its a lot of fun !!!

Tommy J.

fireplug98
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM

Lori

Check out www.fundarental.com and see if there is anything in your area for rent.

Bws
01-13-2013, 07:38 AM
A big WELCOME Bws, Spyderfest is a blast! If your up to doing some rides this summer Gwen and I head towards lanesboro or redwing area and stop in faribault for breakfast on our way.

Happy trails:yes:

Thanks.
We think Spyderfest will be a lot of fun. We have through that area and it is beautiful country.
It would be fun to ride together this summer. We really enjoy the drive along the Mississippi River and we have been to the Lanesboro area.
it's just pretty rare to see another Spyder.

Bws
01-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Welcome !!! Great to meet ya Bruce & Doreen !! Hope to see you guys there !!
Your gonna have to come up to Caswells in Mora for some of our rides.
We all get together once a month. Its a lot of fun !!!

Tommy J.

Thanks, I saw posts on a couple of the Mora rides, but they hit on days where we couldn't go for the whole day. I'd like to go up there sometime.
See you in Missouri.

Paula(Butch2025)
01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Great to hear you are going to Spyderfest! Butch and I are at the Econo Lodge just across the parking lot from you. I look forward to meeting up with you both.

Cindy C
02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
:yes:The big announcement came out...Spyderfest is going to be April 24 - 28 this year...the host city will be Ozark, MO.(near Springfield, MO):yes:

So now the big question is, "Who's going from Minnesota?"

Butch and I have already registered online. Check out the official post for Spyderfest for all the registration and lodging information. http://www.spyderfest.com Then as the event gets closer they will add the event schedule.

If you have not attended this event before it is a must! It is a wonderful way to meet some great people, put some faces to the names you see here on Spyderlover, there will be lots of vendors (mostly the ones on this site!) with great riding opportunities too. So, put in for your days off of work (if like Butch and I, you still need to do that!) or put in for days off with the family (bring them with too!) and get your registration and reservations in soon!

See you there, Paula & Butch

Attending:
Butch & Paula - Econo Lodge
Seth - Econo Lodge
Eagle (Neal) - Super 8
MMcc (Mike & Carolyn) - camping
Soaring Hawk (Gary & Gwen) - camping
Richard - Super 8
badazzspyde (Russell & Joyce)
bobbobtar (Bob & Kathy) - Hampton Inn
Glenn & Di - Super 8
Cindy - Super 8
Fireplug98 (Tommy & Tori) - Econo Lodge
Bws (Bruce & Doreen) - Comfort Inn
Cindy - Super 8
Glenn & Di - Super 8

We should try to meet up for dinner one night. Any Ideas on where or which night?

Paula(Butch2025)
02-06-2013, 10:35 PM
We should try to meet up for dinner one night. Any Ideas on where or which night?
Are thinking before Spyderfest or while down there. We will be having our first Caswell Ride in April before the event so we can all talk there too.

fireplug98
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Who's riding out to Spyderfest and what time are ya leaving.
Would love to get a group of us to ride there.

Tommy J. :spyder:

Paula(Butch2025)
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Who's riding out to Spyderfest and what time are ya leaving.
Would love to get a group of us to ride there.

Tommy J. :spyder:

Butch and I will be leaving Tuesday afternoon around 3pm. Heading straight down I35, hopefully getting into Missouri that night.

Paula(Butch2025)
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Let's get a list going of who is heading down on:
Sunday, April 21:

Monday, April 22:

Tuesday, April 23: Butch & Paula

Also Vikki (from Eden Prairie) has a non-smoking double & would like to share it w/ a female if there's anyone that wants to share it w/ her. Reserved firm 4/23-4/27, checking out 4/28. If anyone's interested PM me and get you in contact with Vikki.

Paula(Butch2025)
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM

Cindy it looks like Thursday would be the best night for a get together with the group out at the drag strip. There are food vendors and we could all sit somewhere together to chat and watch the racing.

wfdfirech3
03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I have a room at the Baymont Inn, and i am driving my truck and trailer (Spyder in the trailer) I will have room in my trailer if anyone wants something brought down to Springfield. I sure hope this snow is gone soon so I can do a little riding before its time to go.

Squadcarman
03-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Spyderfest always seems to fall on the weekend of the biggest trade show of the year for me. Represent us well my friendss! ya sure you betcha!

Spyderfitz
04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
We wii be in Springfield at the Greenstay hotel on 4/22. We are anxious to meet all of you. I see that some Minnesota spyder lovers are getting together early. Mike@Suzette

SethO
04-08-2013, 05:05 AM
leaving sunday getting new spyder there monday afternoon.

Paula(Butch2025)
04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Our meeting place will on Wednesday at the park - I signed up our Minnesota group for a spot along the state and group path. So look for us there and we'll get a chance to meet up with all our fellow Minnesota SpyderLovers.

Spyderfitz
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks to Butch&Paula for Wednesday spot. Hope to be there. Mike& Suzette

Paula(Butch2025)
04-10-2013, 08:46 PM
leaving sunday getting new spyder there monday afternoon.
Can't wait too see it. What fun you'll have jazz'in this one up just the right way to suit you.