PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest 2013

Kmort44
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
OK!!!!!Spyderfest has been set so who's going and where you thinking of staying. weigh in, times a wastin'

Reservations need to be made!!!

Hope to see everyone there!!!

retread
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Planning on the 23rd, Super 8.

john

8LEGS
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Leaving the 20th. Riding to Kansas and Oklahoma before Spyderfest. Staying at comfort inn.

Kmort44
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Talked to Motor Jim today and I believe "he's in" still working on Hotel plans

PM'd Trickie Dick last night and found out he's going and staying at the Best Western

I'm going and staying at the Best Western as it stands now.

Anybody else?

Trickie Dick
01-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Come on Indiana spyderlovers, make your reservations and go. This is THE spyder event of the year. (at least until the owners meeting:popcorn::ohyea:) There will be 700-800 spyders there and it will be fun.
Lets set up a caravan to go down. Most of us are going in on Tuesday, 4/23. It starts the next morning. Believe me, you need to make your lodging reservations now. It will fill up. One of the reasons they moved it from Cuba, was the lack of lodging for everyone.

murphybrown
01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
The way I figure it we should easily be able to get 1000 Spyders at Spyderfest 2013. :firstplace: Pitbull Powersports is going to be ready for us So no limit on the number of Spyders and ryders that can go! Do I think that Spyderfest is the premier event of the year? :thumbup::yes::firstplace:

DougB
01-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Registration completed. Reservations at Best Western are in. Swimmin' pool and rock stars.

dick574
01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
:yes: Going down early & staying at Comfort Inn. Can't wait to see old friends & meet new ones.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper2.gif http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper2.gif http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper2.gif Change of plans. Staying at the EconoLodge.

patty
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Toysinattic and I are ready to go. We are going to stay at the best westrn on the 24th to the 28. The night before we are going to stop at Rollo. I don't think I can manage a 9-10 hour ride in one day.

Trickie Dick
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Toysinattic and I are ready to go. We are going to stay at the best westrn on the 24th to the 28. The night before we are going to stop at Rollo. I don't think I can manage a 9-10 hour ride in one day.
Sounds good. I think a bunch of us are planning on riding down together on the 23rd. You are more than welcome to ride with us and go as far as you want. Look forward to seeing you again.

serf
01-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I'll be ryding out from Greenwood the morning of the 23rd. staying at the koa in Springfield unless they come up with something better.

8LEGS
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I'll see y'all when you get there. I finalized up the route and plans tonight. We should be getting into Springfield on the evening of the 20th. We have a few days planned before spyderfest to explore Kansas and Oklahoma. Going to be a good time this year . . . As always.

Trickie Dick
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll be ryding out from Greenwood the morning of the 23rd. staying at the koa in Springfield unless they come up with something better.

You are welcome to ride along with us leaving the 23rd. We can plan on meet on I70 west of Indy that morning. The more the merrier. :2thumbs:

DaDrkmysta
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
A friend and I are debating this trip...
I am debating cost of trip vs. money that can go towards upgrades...
He is debating how long he really wants to ride... 9hrs is no fun... i told him we can break it up into sections... we can even go through St. Louis... Drive to Effingham.. spend an hour or two... then drive to St. Louis... spend the night even. Then first thing hit the stretch down to Ozarks!! of course stop and get breakfast along the way...

so many decisions!!

:banghead:

SpyderFun
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Working out logistics on going!
As an FYI... a good and easy place to meet on the Westside is the cellphone lot at the airport.....lots of room with quick and easy access to highway. Just need a meet-up time.

-Mike

Champagne
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Come on Indiana spyderlovers, make your reservations and go. This is THE spyder event of the year. (at least until the owners meeting:popcorn::ohyea:) There will be 700-800 spyders there and it will be fun.
Lets set up a caravan to go down. Most of us are going in on Tuesday, 4/23. It starts the next morning. Believe me, you need to make your lodging reservations now. It will fill up. One of the reasons they moved it from Cuba, was the lack of lodging for everyone.

Come on and join the convoy it maybe 30 spyder 40 or 50 people. We are going to have a great time you are meeting fellow spyder Ryder's from different state before we get to Spyderfest. Yes 9 hours is a long day but we are going to break it up have a late lunch at Mo Hick fellowship with some spyder Ryder's NY,NJ,PA,OH, come on Indiana Trickie Dick is our lead man for Indiana. I am going to answer this post before someone put it out there in Indiana
where are all the Spyder at. On the 23, of April they are on I70 going to Spyderfest.
if people are amaze at seeing 1 think about what they going to say when they see all these spyder on I70 different styles colors. license plates from different States and woman drivers
this is the group ride of year :yes:

Trickie Dick
03-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Working out logistics on going!
As an FYI... a good and easy place to meet on the Westside is the cellphone lot at the airport.....lots of room with quick and easy access to highway. Just need a meet-up time.

-Mike
Hope you can make it.
Right now the plan is to meet at the Love's Truck Stop at exit 59, I70 West of Indy on Tuesday morning around 10:00-10:30. As the time grows closer we can get a head count. Champagne's east coast party is spending the previous night in Columbus and scheduled to leave there at 7:00. We think 10:30 is a reasonable time to meet. We do need to be ready to go when they show up and gas up.

SpyderFun
03-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Hope you can make it.
Right now the plan is to meet at the Love's Truck Stop at exit 59, I70 West of Indy on Tuesday morning around 10:00-10:30. As the time grows closer we can get a head count. Champagne's east coast party is spending the previous night in Columbus and scheduled to leave there at 7:00. We think 10:30 is a reasonable time to meet. We do need to be ready to go when they show up and gas up.

Looks like I'm in! Staying at the Baymont Inns & Suites.

Dick seeing how we are neighbors (Carmel & Fishers) we can ride to the meet up together along with any other "North Siders".

Trickie Dick
03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Looks like I'm in! Staying at the Baymont Inns & Suites.

Dick seeing how we are neighbors (Carmel & Fishers) we can ride to the meet up together along with any other "North Siders".

Absolutely, I'm on your way. I'm meeting a couple of people at my house that morning. I'll PM you my address and we can all go together. :thumbup:

Copperman
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.png
Not sure I'll have my Spyder by then (I hope I do!) but if not, I'll be on two wheels. Or, someother mode of transportation. I'll know more as we get closer.

I'm Mike's (Spyder Fun) friend and we'll be in the caravan leaving Tuesday morning.

Jerry

Slagiatt
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I'll be at Spyderfest on Friday about noon.
Dick...I've got your cell and I'll call you then to catch up.
:)

Trickie Dick
03-25-2013, 08:00 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.png
Not sure I'll have my Spyder by then (I hope I do!) but if not, I'll be on two wheels. Or, someother mode of transportation. I'll know more as we get closer.

I'm Mike's (Spyder Fun) friend and we'll be in the caravan leaving Tuesday morning.

Jerry

:welcome:Spyder or not, please join us for the trip over. If you're on the north or northeast, you are welcome to join us at my house for the ride to the rendezvous on I70. I live in southwest Carmel at the 96th and Ditch area.

Copperman
03-26-2013, 04:20 PM
:welcome:Spyder or not, please join us for the trip over. If you're on the north or northeast, you are welcome to join us at my house for the ride to the rendezvous on I70. I live in southwest Carmel at the 96th and Ditch area.

Thanks for the invite. I know the area well and will be there, ready to go.

Jerry

hill27
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Will be leaveing Victoria Tx. 23 of April plan to arrive on the 24 mid morning if all go well.
I will be going on 35 north to Dallas.Hope to meet some spyder riders going in that direction.

SpyderFun
03-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the invite. I know the area well and will be there, ready to go.

Jerry

The rule is the "New Guy" has to bring doughnuts! LOL

-Mike
<Sent using Tapatalk>

Copperman
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
"New Guy"... are you talk'n to me?

SpyderFun
03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
"New Guy"... are you talk'n to me?

Given you responded, I'm thinking.......YEAH! LOL

-Mike
<Sent using Tapatalk>

Copperman
04-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Picking up my new Spyder in the morning.

SpyderFun
04-12-2013, 09:13 PM

:thumbup:

Get ready to start making your "Farkle List"!

Kmort44
04-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Where did you buy from and what model did you purchase?:thumbup:

Welcome aboard:welcome::congrats:

Copperman
04-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Where did you buy from and what model did you purchase?:thumbup:

Welcome aboard:welcome::congrats:

Just picked up my new 2013, Pearl White, RT Limited (with black seat) from RT Sales in Zulu, IN. SE side of Ft. Wayne, IN. Even though I took my trailer with me, I rode the Spyder back home... 150 miles in the cold and close to 100 miles of that in the rain. I kept getting knocked aound in the wind. As I learn to ride this I'm hoping it gets better. More to follow. Pictures, too.

patty
04-13-2013, 04:04 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Trickie Dick
04-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Just picked up my new 2013, Pearl White, RT Limited (with black seat) from RT Sales in Zulu, IN. SE side of Ft. Wayne, IN. Even though I took my trailer with me, I rode the Spyder back home... 150 miles in the cold and close to 100 miles of that in the rain. I kept getting knocked aound in the wind. As I learn to ride this I'm hoping it gets better. More to follow. Pictures, too.

:cheers: Congrats,Jerry. You will love it. Learn to relax those hands and let it lead. Its tough starting out in the rain. They say it takes a few hundred miles to start getting comfortable with the spyder. It's very different that a 2 wheeler.
Still going to spyderfest. ?

Copperman
04-14-2013, 04:23 PM
:cheers: Congrats,Jerry. You will love it. Learn to relax those hands and let it lead. Its tough starting out in the rain. They say it takes a few hundred miles to start getting comfortable with the spyder. It's very different that a 2 wheeler.
Still going to spyderfest. ?

Yes I am... Will be at your house Tuesday morning ready to go. How many are meeting at your house? Do you get things worked out with the New Jersey group? I saw that they thought we were meeting them in Richmond. It should be a nice caravan.

8LEGS
04-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes I am... Will be at your house Tuesday morning ready to go. How many are meeting at your house? Do you get things worked out with the New Jersey group? I saw that they thought we were meeting them in Richmond. It should be a nice caravan.
Hope to meet ya soon!!

Trickie Dick
04-14-2013, 08:24 PM

Don't know how many yet? I will do a thread in a day or two to try to get a firm number. Things are fine with Champagne and the east coast group. Looks like 10:30 at exit 59 on I70 west.

SpyderFun
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Dick I hope you have some really understanding neighbors when we all show up!
Did someone say "Spyder Photo Op"?

-Mike
<Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk>

8LEGS
04-15-2013, 11:13 AM

:congrats:

Trickie Dick
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Dick I hope you have some really understanding neighbors when we all show up!
Did someone say "Spyder Photo Op"?

-Mike

:thumbup:

SpyderFun
04-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Looking more and more like a "Wet Ride" to SpyderFest so dress accordingly!

-Mike

mrmichaelg
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I'll be leaving on the 22nd with the Northeast Convoy. Staying at the Comfort Inn:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Bootie
04-17-2013, 09:24 AM
3 New tires, new ball-joints, oil change:clap:
I am leaving on Friday, 4/19. Route..Cincinnati, OH, Paducah,KY, Ozark, MO.
Staying at Super 8.
Looking forward to seeing all my friends there:yes:
I think Tajon (Tim and Annamarie) and I are going to check out the BBQ in
Oklahoma on Mon or Tues.:coffee: