PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERFEST 2013 "The New Adventure"

pitbull
01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I know the question on a lot of folks mind is, where's SPYDERFEST 2013!
That being said, I want to thank you all for your patience with us, and assure you this was NOT intentional or a marketing ploy in any way.

We had basically maxed out the Cuba area. Folks were having to ride 30 + miles to get hotels. This meant Spyderlovers were spread out over a 60 mile radius. That was counter to the main purpose of SPYDERFEST and the best part--which is everyone being together. The events are great, but friendships are made when people are hanging out in hotel parking lots--and where most of the best stories originate.

The last three events have been so great and they put a lot of pressure on us to find a place that was country, had hotels, a small home town feel, lots of friendly folks, great riding areas and a place that would accept US! We also needed the support of a dealership.

There has been much discussion with Lamont and several others. We finally found an area that would meet our needs! Nestled between SPRINGFIELD and Branson MO, is a little town that has it all. They have that hometown feel, great riding areas, tons of history and have extended an open invitation for all of us to come and play! Centrally located, OZARK MO will be home to SPYDERFEST 2013 " The New Adventure "

I am also pleased to announce this year, for the first time we will be having our very own full out, DRAG RACING!!! Not performance testing. If cops show up they won't be doing checkpoints, there's a good chance they will be on Spyders. Yes, we have one of the areas only drag race track reserved and ready for action http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/ . Anyone that wants, will be able to race. We will also have testing and tuning going on before hand. If your not sure you've got what it takes you'll be able to play and find out! There will be several classes, including a turbo class (I think you know why). And of course we will have some "TINY" little trophies. Add in some fireworks and food, and we are all in for a good time!

There will be other events as well and also one of the best vendor villages ever. Vendors we are ready to start taking reservations. We need our mods!

The area itself has plenty of rustic charm and I promise you will not be disappointed. There's plenty to see, plenty to do, and plenty of places to eat, including the famous Lambert's Cafe. Ozark is very accessible but also away from the hustle and bustle of Branson.

As far as lodging is concerned, over 600 rooms are on reserve all within walking distance. If we max those out there are more available in the immediate area. We are expecting a great time and a lot of laughs with you all there. The MoGang has a great adventure planned for you. Some of this year's ride routes will include a trip to Eureka Springs, AR, scenic drives through the Ozark Mountains, and some of the best twisties the Midwest has to offer. For hotel information check out www.spyderfest.com also camping ares coming soon!

This covers all bases, except for a local sponsoring dealership, and that is probably the biggest news of all for me. Can-am was looking to open a much needed new store in the Springfield Mo area. I was able to partner with a few folks and will be opening my own store, Pitbull POWERSPORTS. The projected opening dated is in February. This was recently finalized and one of the main delays in the Spyderfest announcement.

We will also be partnering with someone you might know, a personal friend and hero of mine, Lamonster. For the first time ever we will be building Lamonster edition Spyders, along with the Spyderfest edition Spyders.

As we start this new year and "The New Adventure", I would like to thank all of you for your support and friendship. This is a big step for me, and exciting to say the least. I hope I'm able to live up to everyone's expectations.

SpyderLady
01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Congratulations LEN. So excited for you and your new adventure.:clap::clap::clap:

MickeyFisher
01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes! This is amazing news, MoGang, I can't imagine how psyched some of these folks are going to be for drag racing.

Len - Can't wait, bro, and congratulations to you for this exciting new chapter in your life!!

harrypottar
01-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Great news all around, very exciting times a head..

i have never been too a drag race? Is this like a three leg race, but we all have to dress in drag and run around?:dontknow:

harry

GloryRyders
01-01-2013, 11:13 AM
LET THE PARTY BEGIN.............:yes:

This year will set a new standard for Spyderfest................come down early or stay afterwards for a few days and enjoy all that the Ozarks have to offer. :yes:Spyderfest is going to be lots of food, fun, food, friends, food, rydes, food, fireworks, and did I mention food :lecturef_smilie:

See you all in April!

spyder3
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice Len, and congrats on putting it all together. Best of luck in your new venture!!:clap:

Lamonster
01-01-2013, 11:19 AM
:yes::2excited:I know you've been under alot of pressure Bro and I really don't know how you keep it all together but as you know you have my support and the support of SpyderLovers on your new venture. You've proven your abilities through the years and I expect great things coming from you and the crew at Pitbull Powersports.

As far as moving Spyderfest to a new location I have mixed feelings as most, the folks in Cuba were great to us and I still plan on making my way through there to the new location for some great BBQ. I know having the extra lodging is going to be a big plus as this event grows. I'm also looking forward to having a new riding area.
Looking forward to a new and exciting 2013 :doorag:

pitbull
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
:yes::2excited:I know you've been under alot of pressure Bro and I really don't know how you keep it all together but as you know you have my support and the support of SpyderLovers on your new venture. You've proven your abilities through the years and I expect great things coming from you and the crew at Pitbull Powersports.

As far as moving Spyderfest to a new location I have mixed feelings as most, the folks in Cuba were great to us and I still plan on making my way through there to the new location for some great BBQ. I know having the extra lodging is going to be a big plus as this event grows. I'm also looking forward to having a new riding area.

Thanks Lamont, I'm excited to be moving forward with all of this, Ozark mo is like home to me already, friendly folks, great food and a the begging of the ozark mountains....... Taken along time to pull this all together but I'm excited to show everyone the area.
I like the Springfield Ozark area so much that I'm moving there myself..... It has a lot of charm surrounded by great riding and a lot of cool places.

quickster47
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
This will be our first SpyderFest and to say the least, Julie and I are extremely excited and so looking forward to a great new year of Spyder riding.

Carl

KCPete
01-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats, Len!!
Looking forward to The New Adventure :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

SpyderAnn01
01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Len congratulations I'm very excited for you and I can't wait to check out the new store and the new location. Joe and I will be there for sure!

Cuban Spyder
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Congrats, Len! :yes::):2thumbs:

Spyderfest 2013:yes::yes::yes: WaaaaHoooo!!!!

Spydeejane
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Len and family,

Congratulations on your new adventure and new business venture. We hate to lose our geographic closeness, but we will be making the trip to Springfield periodically.

As for those 2013 drag races, didn't MoLee and a few of the guys have "drag" races at the Pancake breakfast at the 2012 Spyderfest?

Blessings and best wishes for 2013.

dick574
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
:yes::clap::congrats: Len, sometimes patience is hard to come by but good things come to those who wait. Now you've waited, the i's are dotted & the t's are crossed, so best of everything to Pitbull Powersports. But most of all, let the fun begin!!! You know that the Mogang & Spyderlovers are there to support you.

murphybrown
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Len and family. Have a good idea of what it has taken to create this new adventure in your life (since I have created a few business adventures in my younger days). I love, love, love positive, bold and adventuresomeness. And you guys have it all. God's Blessings. So excited for new location for Spyderfest 2013 and your new business. Like the name..:thumbup:

pitbull
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Len and family,

Congratulations on your new adventure and new business venture. We hate to lose our geographic closeness, but we will be making the trip to Springfield periodically.

As for those 2013 drag races, didn't MoLee and a few of the guys have "drag" races at the Pancake breakfast at the 2012 Spyderfest?

Blessings and best wishes for 2013.

Thanks Jane, you and George are always welcome...... But Jane that was performance testing, this will be fun and friendly drag racing.

Mo Lee
01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks Jane, you and George are always welcome...... But Jane that was performance testing, this will be fun and friendly drag racing.
Ricky, I think Jane was putting the emphasis on DRAG not on racing. Maybe that is an event in your life you want to forget!

BajaRon
01-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Frankly, I don't know how you do it Len. A huge job and we only see the tip of the ice burg at Spyderfest! You make it look easy but I know it is not.

You certainly have your finger on the pulse of what makes Spyderfest the premiere Spyder gathering every year. It is about hanging out, riding together and just having a great time with other Spyder Riders. Hotel parking lots transform into a combination of Show and Tell, Story Time and Friendship Building.

I know that wherever you put on this event it will be GREAT! :thumbup:

pitbull
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Ricky, I think Jane was putting the emphasis on DRAG not on racing. Maybe that is an event in your life you want to forget!

DOOOHHAAAAA!!!! Forgot about that no way that was some funny stuff!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Ok this year only REAL ........ Not saying "drag" racing :lecturef_smilie: lol

Harley
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, LEN !!! I can't wait to see your new store and shake your hand. I know Spyderfest will be great this year, as it was last year. (our first)
You have mine and Darlene's best wishes for a great 2013, both with Spyderfest and your new adventure. We will be riding to Ozark to pick up our new trailer when it comes in and weather permits.
:clap:

Harley and Darlene Kamper

flamingobabe
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Congrats on Pitbull Powersports....you and all involved deserve it....the Ozark area is great riding...we spent a week in Eureka Springs Ark last summer and the riding was perfect....lots to see... lots to do...and Lambert's....too cool!!!!! we are pumped:yes::yes::yes:

my3gs
01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
WooHoo cant wait this will b r first spyderfest!!!:yes::yes:Registration and reservations Done see u all there!!!

Mo Lee
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
DOOOHHAAAAA!!!! Forgot about that no way that was some funny stuff!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Ok this year only REAL ........ Not saying "drag" racing :lecturef_smilie: lol
2011 was when we had a nice visit with MSHP.

RAYYOU
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
CONGRATS on the New Dealership. Look forward to seeing everyone.:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Ray & Cheryl

Erags
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Ozark is only 38 miles from Where I was born and raised. Lots of back roads and some great places to eat. If you want a roll at Lamberts, the only way to get one is to have it throwed to you. Great food, only they serve way to much food.
As for the drag strip, it has been many many years, but have been they more than a couple of times. This is home to some people and I think everyone will enjoy this area very muich. Sams club is only 14 miles straight up Hwy 65. The original Bass Pro Shop, which is a square block building, is less than 17 miles from Ozark, it is a place everyone needs to look at going to and visiting, it is more than a store.

If you want a long ride, just west of Springfield, Precious Moments is in Carthage, MO 78 miles. Just a little information from someone who was born and raised in that area, but hasn't lived in the area for many many years. Don't forget all the shows in Branson.

2NFrnt
01-01-2013, 12:22 PM

MoLee, you mean like this? :yikes:

Congrats Len, it's been a long time coming, but it will be worth the wait and the work to you and all the SpyderLovers.59333

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
WOO WOO....Mike and Deanna are packing already....Lenny congrats on the new place .....:2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :ohyea:.:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
01-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm so excited. Will cancel my campground reservation in Cuba. Eagerly awaiting campground info for Ozark. This will be my first Spyderfest, and after reading all about the previous ones, I was kinda hoping to see some of the Cuba area sights. But I think Ozark will be fa-a-bulous, and I can't wait!

congrats on your new business venture. I look forward to seeing it in person soon!

pitbull
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Molee, Sam...........NO MORE PICS!!! They are very incriminating ...... It's one thing when it's rumors...... Pics are hard to deny :yikes: lol haha to funny

FaranH
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Len,

I'm excited for this next phase for you and your family.:thumbup: I have been blessed to consider you a friend and can't wait to see what 2013 holds for you and Pitbull Powersports.

And even though I also loved Cuba, I'm kind of pumped about the new location. That area has great riding and you know I love Eureka Springs! Can't wait for SpyderFest 2013!:yes:

pitbull
01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Planning to be there.
I see the site doesn't yet support registration.

Godaddy was having a few issues it should be up and running any minute now.

mrfats
01-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Wow, Len this must be so exciting for you and your family! Best wishes for Pitbull PowerSports! This will be my first SpyderFest and I can't wait!

mrfats
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I just registered for $49.95. No biggie but maybe should be corrected to show the various pricing schedules.

Spydeejane
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
"

You are right MO Lee. Rickylen is a little slow on the uptake today with all of his earth shattering announcements. I think that he will be back up to speed--and I do mean speed--by Spyderfest 2013. I look forward to see him race. Will there be betting at this event? Does MOGANG have a bookie? LOL

pitbull
01-01-2013, 01:13 PM
The price stay the same all the way through this year, the first 200 we are doing event hoodies instead of t-shirts, the next 500 event t-shirt, after that it will be first come first serve on the shirts ...... Hope the site is fixed shortly

johnnyg
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Congrats on the Spyderfest 2013, and your new store. We have some story's of the Last two rides just :yikes: to get there from Florida and then all the fun we have there. this time I think we have got a few more wanting to go, so make sure we have a list of riders and state there from and country,s too.See you'll in April :yes: Spyderfest 2013 on the road again :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: Johnnyg and CJ/Johnnyg

GloryRyders
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
2011 was when we had a nice visit with MSHP.

And it won't be the last!:roflblack:

joe schmoe
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
WOW!!! Great news for lots of people!!! Looking forward to Spyderfest 2013!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Bumblebee67
01-01-2013, 01:33 PM
:yes::yes::yes:Just registered..... can't wait!!!!!:yes::yes::yes: now waiting for motel info........:yes::yes::yes:

Bumblebee67
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
:yes::yes::yes:Just registered..... can't wait!!!!!:yes::yes::yes: now waiting for motel info........:yes::yes::yes:

:opps::opps:OOPS...just found the info.....:opps::opps:

Bumblebee67
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
:opps::opps:OOPS...just found the info.....:opps::opps:

:yes::yes:Just booked at the Comfort Inn!!! :yes::yes:

SpyderLady
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Planning to be there.
I see the site doesn't yet support registration.

Registration is now up and ready!!:yes:

NancysToy
01-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I know just how long and how hard you all have worked at this. Congrats on having your plan come together...and congrats on Pitbull Powersports! Nancy and I are looking forward to a chance to explore a little more of your great state. See ya in April!

SpyderLady
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I just registered for $49.95. No biggie but maybe should be corrected to show the various pricing schedules.
Wording corrected. It is just one price this year and only $.05 more to register at event:shemademe_smilie:

Phil
01-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Add me to the list of those that support Len and Vanessa!!! Bobbie and I are looking forward to being with everyone again, this coming April in Ozark!! NewVenture!!
Blessings for the most amazing year to come....

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Questions
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
We are really pumped and excited. Looking forward to a great Spyderfest 2013. :thumbup: Congratulations and blessings on your new venture, Len. :2thumbs: You have our support as always. :cheers:

pwilbarger
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Are the motels blocked for Spyderfest only and you call them directly? I just tried an online registration and shows "no rooms available".
Never mind! Found the answer on the registration thread! DUH!

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveMac
01-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Major kudos on the Pitbull Powersports store in Springfield Len.

You have shown amazing endurance and patience in getting this done. I know the road has been a long one for you and I am so very happy for you, Vanessa and the kids. There simply aren't many people who have the courage, determination and endurance to do the things you have done and WILL do. We are all here to support you and help ensure that you have the success that you deserve!

Springfield-Ozark area is magnificent and the ride to Eureka Springs (Thanks Harvey for the tour..!) is a beautiful ride. The SpyderLovers here, who attended Spyderfest in the past, all really enjoyed Cuba, but they are going to LOVE Ozark! The cool thing about Ozark is that it has that small-town rider friendly location, BUT it is only 25 minutes North of Branson for those who want to extend their vacation there, and only 10 minutes south of Springfield which as Linda has posted has bountiful lodging.

SpyderFest and Pitbull Powersports are poised for great things in the future. I can't wait to see where it goes from here...:bowdown:

Len, very proud to call you one of my dearest friends and also very proud of the legacy you are building.

Congratulations Brother! :thumbup::doorag::thumbup:

SteveMac
01-01-2013, 02:51 PM

Lamont, the cool thing is, that you can run I-44 and make a pit stop at MoHicks for a BBQ fix, and then it is a short jump on down south to Ozark, Missouri. Looking forward to spending some time with you in April. Thanks for all you have done for SpyderFest! :2thumbs:

StriperKing
01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
I am in!!!!!! This should be fun for both racers and watchers.

G-Man
01-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Some others may want to live that down as well. But, thanks to the internet, and Spyderlovers and Facebook, that may not be possible, lol.

Congratulations Len and the planning committee for this years SpyderFest! We can't wait. We'll miss Cuba for sure, but we're close enough to visit there for the great BBQ and people and the roads, pretty much any time we want.

Again, let the good times begin!! :doorag:

bruiser
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Congrats Len. You deserve it Bro. And with Lamont as a partner, well, I see great things coming. Kris is on the phone as I write this making reservations at the Comfort Inn. Comfort Inn is swamped with calls :yikes:, they said they would call us back.

chickenhoose
01-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Len,
I know it must be unnerving moving from the security of the family business to a new location, but just look at the support you allready have from day one. We all appreciate all the great things you do for we Spyder lovers.

I can't wait to see the new area.
Thanks, Jerry

Ivorspyder
01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
I am looking forward to coming to Spyderfest for the 1st time.I have never been to a Spyderfest before but know the area as I spent a month in Eureka Springs with my then Goldwing some years ago.I rode all over the Ozarks and loved it so much.I think your choice for Spyderfest is A1.
I have read all about you on Spyderlovers and must say its impressive.I have always run my own business so know the excitement of starting a new project.I wish you everything of the best with Pitbull Powersports and look forward to meeting you in April.

Ivor:spyder:

johnnyg
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Len not to try and confuse any one but, all the Hotels you listed are on the east side of Springfield I thought the Spyderfest was going to be on Ozark:banghead: ??????

tajohn
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Len,
We are extremely happy for you and your new adventure.....Looking forward to Spyderfest......

webweaver
01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the new business. We loved Cuba but we will be open to new adventures and new friends in Ozark. Have my room, can't wait! 111 days and counting. :spyder2:

Yazz
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Len, congratulations on your new adventure!

Now about this drag racing... No cops showing up? :yes:

pickelhead
01-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm registered and myself and the Mrs will be staying at the Comfort Inn.

Sent from somewhere on the road.

johnnyg
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Len can you tell me were the Event ground are going to be? Thanks John

papoandma
01-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Congrats Len,we will be seeing you at your new store in Springfield.:yes:

bruiser
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
We reserved a room at the Comfort Inn. Looking forward to our first Spyderfest.

retired1
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats on the new adventure. I'll talk to you soon.:thumbup:

Dragonrider
01-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Congrats on the new digs :yes:, but pass on riding East of the Rockies….

Farmboy
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I just got off the phone with hotel... got my room booked!!!!:yes:

Will be at
Americas Best Value Inn-OzarkRooms filling up says the lady that answered the phone

8LEGS
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Some others may want to live that down as well. But, thanks to the internet, and Spyderlovers and Facebook, that may not be :doorag:

Hmmmm, what do you mean?

http://youtu.be/z3H671wdsj8

Lamonster
01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
:roflblack:

retired1
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Good one Tina!:thumbup:
Glad to see you posting.

PrairieSpyder
01-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Congrats on the new digs :yes:, but pass on riding East of the Rockies….

How about flying your other trike to Missouri?

godfather
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
i Don't know anything about Drag racing59368

sonicsix
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
The wife and I are planning on attending, and this will be our first Spyderfest. Heck, we just got the Spyder 3 weeks ago. Last time I was in that area was for Camp Jeep 2002 and loved it. Google says it is 9 hours and 8 minutes for us, so that translates into 12 hours the way we ride, LOL. We're tourists so we stop and look at everything along the way. Yep, this will be a 2 day ride to cover 550 miles. :D

SpyderLady
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
8 Legs.... you made my day. Needless to say I have been crazy on the internet responding and watching to make sure all our sites, threads, etc. are going good. This just brought back sooooo many great memories. Thanks for bringing it back up. Wonder how many Girls we will have this year...... CHALLENGE:yikes::ohyea::yes::yes::yes:

ARtraveler
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Looks like everyone is going to have a great time again.

The hallowed halls of ivy have once again called me and will prevent us from attending the event. Maybe some year soon--before I get to old. :roflblack:

SteveMac
01-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Hmmmm, what do you mean?

http://youtu.be/z3H671wdsj8

Hey Tina.
Going to be any hands-in-the-air-woohoo moments like at Buzzard Rock?? I still laugh thinking about that. :)

SpyderLady
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Len, congratulations on your new adventure!

Now about this drag racing... No cops showing up? :yes:

Not to give us any grief. The only way they will be showing up is to see what all the fun is about. This is LEGAL, LEGAL, LEGAL and will we have fun. Tuning and the whole 9 yards...... hummmmm wonder if my RT can now take your RS..... don't think so and I won't try it sorry:bowdown::b2b::b2b:(me that is) LOL

8LEGS
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey Tina.
Going to be any hands-in-the-air-woohoo moments like at Buzzard Rock?? I still laugh thinking about that. :)

I'm sorry Sir, I don't believe I know what you're talking about. :roflblack:

SteveMac
01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
The wife and I are planning on attending, and this will be our first Spyderfest. Heck, we just got the Spyder 3 weeks ago. Last time I was in that area was for Camp Jeep 2002 and loved it. Google says it is 9 hours and 8 minutes for us, so that translates into 12 hours the way we ride, LOL. We're tourists so we stop and look at everything along the way. Yep, this will be a 2 day ride to cover 550 miles. :D

You will be right at home. A great event that folks can build a vacation around. Have a great trip! Planning is part of the fun!

Trickie Dick
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm pumped. Just made reservations at the Best Western. I got tired of waiting for the Comfort Inn to answer the phone. Really looking forward to it.
Len, congrats on your new venture. I'm sure it will be very successful.

JJW SpyderRider
01-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm pumped. Just made reservations at the Best Western. I got tired of waiting for the Comfort Inn to answer the phone. Really looking forward to it.
Len, congrats on your new venture. I'm sure it will be very successful.

The Comfort Inn has been busy! I was put on hold while another SL was making their reservation and before I was done they had placed someone else on hold. 20 rooms left at about 7:00pm.

jvicker
01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Sorry.:opps: that was me.

kinggeek
01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Len and family,

Congrats on the new dealership! I was wondering how this whole change of venue was going to work without the Cowtown garage and crew, now I know. I can't wait to see the new place.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

piedmontrider
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
New ryder (well, four months) and I'm coming to Spyderfest 2013! Google Maps says it's 1019 miles and 15 hours, so that translates to 2days, 18 hours, and, hopefully, 1019 miles (if I don't take too many detours)
Look forward to meeting bunches of fellow Spyder ryders there!
Doug

rhansen309
01-01-2013, 10:42 PM
First let us say congratulations to Len and Pitbull POWERSPORTS!! Can't wait to see the new shop and get my ELKA's installed. Just made our reservations at Comfort Inn. I think they are getting short on rooms. We got a room with two double beds for a married couple ;) oh well. Looking forward to the riding and friendships. See ya there!!

:yes:

Pigtails
01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Congratulations Len. We (Mogang) are behind you all the way. :clap::clap::clap:

kyspyder
01-01-2013, 11:24 PM
i Don't know anything about Drag racing59368

Nor do I!59380

KYSPYDER

dick574
01-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry Sir, I don't believe I know what you're talking about. :roflblack:

Yes you doooo!!

pitbull
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
You will be right at home. A great event that folks can build a vacation around. Have a great trip! Planning is part of the fun!

Steve brother your hitting the nail on the head!
to all the new SPYDERFEST Ryder's meeting every is the best part!!! It's one thing to set on the forms and punch keys, it's great to get out and ryde and meet your fellow spyder Ryder's, I found this out first hand in the spring of 2010! Thanks to all of you for being part of this with us.

Len and family,

Congrats on the new dealership! I was wondering how this whole change of venue was going to work without the Cowtown garage and crew, now I know. I can't wait to see the new place.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
thank you! Lots of factors played a decision in this! But it's all coming together, and is always worth it!

First let us say congratulations to Len and Pitbull POWERSPORTS!! Can't wait to see the new shop and get my ELKA's installed. Just made our reservations at Comfort Inn. I think they are getting short on rooms. We got a room with two double beds for a married couple ;) oh well. Looking forward to the riding and friendships. See ya there!!

Looking forward to having you at the shop..... My goal is to always keep it fun, having rydes ride in and out stop by as friends not pay checks is a big deal for me...... We do have to keep the doors open but it's friendship first biz second!

Congratulations Len. We (Mogang) are behind you all the way. :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks Paula your and Scott's support has been a real blessing along with so many others.

Cavman
01-02-2013, 12:58 AM
I've put in reservations at the KOA Springfield. Looks to be the closest to where the hotel/motels are located. Near I-44 and MO 360. Rated 9.0/9.5*/8.0 by Trailer Life Good Sam.
With power and water camping, less than $35 a night.

I gave them a heads up about the event. Listed both SpyderFest and SpyderLovers websites.

I'm getting excited as I have something good to look forward to.

YIRYDE
01-02-2013, 01:01 AM
New ryder (well, four months) and I'm coming to Spyderfest 2013! Google Maps says it's 1019 miles and 15 hours, so that translates to 2days, 18 hours, and, hopefully, 1019 miles (if I don't take too many detours)
Look forward to meeting bunches of fellow Spyder ryders there!
Doug

Doug - I plan on attending and I'm not to far from you. I started a SpyderFest 2013 thread in the SpyderLovers chapter for VA to see who plans on attending from VA. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47418-SpyderFest-2013

ArmyJoe
01-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Some of this year's ride routes will include a trip to Eureka Springs, AR, scenic drives through the Ozark Mountains, and some of the best twisties the Midwest has to offer.

What's the record for most Spyders on a ferry? Route 125 across Bull Shoals Lake looks like fun. :D

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E+Battlefield+Rd&daddr=36.6866012,-92.8793192+to:AR-125+S&hl=en&ll=36.701458,-93.002014&spn=1.464358,3.172302&sll=36.535571,-92.694397&sspn=0.366886,0.793076&geocode=FVL8NgIdlnxx-g%3BFQnLLwIdKcZ2-ikrjnuIPLHPhzFDqtAQlesNUw%3BFUowKQIdD8N4-g&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&t=m&z=9

JCSMOKE
01-02-2013, 08:52 AM
I've put in reservations at the KOA Springfield. Looks to be the closest to where the hotel/motels are located. Near I-44 and MO 360. Rated 9.0/9.5*/8.0 by Trailer Life Good Sam.

I gave them a heads up about the event. Listed both SpyderFest and SpyderLovers websites.

Reserved my space on line, looking at the campsite map it looks like 7 tent spaces and mostly pull through rv spaces. See you there, unless there is a better camping place closer to festivities.

Bootie
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I just made my reservations at the Super-8 in Ozark, MO.:D
The reservation dude quoted me $75/night as the Spyderfest rate.:(
I noted, to him, that the on-line rate was only $61 for the same room.:dontknow:
He relented and finally gave me the room for $59. This is for 7 days
so he was able to make a good deal.:yes:
I'd be interested to see what others are getting.

docdoru
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Florida x-Press reserved 3 rooms @ Confort Inn and 2 spots for the Drag-race, one for forced induction and one for naturally aspired. ;)

8LEGS
01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes you doooo!!

HaHaHA........ OK, I do.

pitbull
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
What's the record for most Spyders on a ferry? Route 125 across Bull Shoals Lake looks like fun. :D

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E+Battlefield+Rd&daddr=36.6866012,-92.8793192+to:AR-125+S&hl=en&ll=36.701458,-93.002014&spn=1.464358,3.172302&sll=36.535571,-92.694397&sspn=0.366886,0.793076&geocode=FVL8NgIdlnxx-g%3BFQnLLwIdKcZ2-ikrjnuIPLHPhzFDqtAQlesNUw%3BFUowKQIdD8N4-g&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&t=m&z=9

I think Mogang holds that record ....... Maxed it out twice in one trip:roflblack:

pitbull
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Florida x-Press reserved 3 rooms @ Confort Inn and 2 spots for the Drag-race, one for forced induction and one for naturally aspired. ;)

Thats what I was counting on!

ArmyJoe
01-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I just made my reservations at the Super-8 in Ozark, MO.:D
The reservation dude quoted me $75/night as the Spyderfest rate.:(
I noted, to him, that the on-line rate was only $61 for the same room.:dontknow:
He relented and finally gave me the room for $59. This is for 7 days
so he was able to make a good deal.:yes:
I'd be interested to see what others are getting.

$75 a night plus tax at the Comfort Inn. For reference, the "Best Available Rate" online for the previous week was $77.

pitbull
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
$75 a night plus tax at the Comfort Inn. For reference, the "Best Available Rate" online for the previous week was $77.
The comfort inn is a bit nicer than the super 8 but all the hotels are good hotels, we tried to help keep hotel costs down
the cheapest one is motel 6 located next to bestwestern
they are around 50 a night the rest are around 75 a night so still good rates

Deanna777
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
This will be my first Spyderfest event that I am going to, and I am really looking forward to it. I am going with my boyfriend Blueknight911. We are both looking forward to being there... :2excited: :2excited: :2excited::2excited: :2excited: :2excited: :2excited::clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Deanna777

BajaRon
01-02-2013, 10:32 AM

Better than Me and Lamont getting a room with a single bed! :yikes:

SpyderLady
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM

WOW. Thank you for providing this information.:clap::clap: I could not find much when I was searching for camping, etc. I will have it added to spyderfest.com.

Yazz
01-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Not to give us any grief. The only way they will be showing up is to see what all the fun is about. This is LEGAL, LEGAL, LEGAL and will we have fun. Tuning and the whole 9 yards...... hummmmm wonder if my RT can now take your RS..... don't think so and I won't try it sorry:bowdown::b2b::b2b:(me that is) LOL

Cowtown has probably done a little tweaking under your RT's tupperware? Have ridden behind a RT that's had the Cowtown treatment, and it was fast! Thanks for letting me off the hook...:bowdown:

Len said there are going to be different divisions. Hope there's some for us Ladies. :ohyea:

CyncySpyder
01-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I was a little saddened at first, as Teddy and I have always considered CowTown our home ever since you saved us with the very 1st Spyderfest Eddition RT-S. But the more I thought about it, its not the place, its the people that make the place:firstplace: its YOU :firstplace: and you've always said from the first time we met you, its family first and business second;)

Len, :yes:CONGRATULATIONS on Pitbull PowerSports:yes: Teddy & I (along with hundreds of others I'm sure) can't wait to see and experience your New Adventure first hand:clap::2thumbs:

muonwhiz
01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned the exact dates for this, please advise!

Lamonster
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned the exact dates for this, please advise!

OFFICIAL SPYDERFEST 2013 REGISTRATION April 24-28, 2013 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47411-OFFICIAL-SPYDERFEST-2013-REGISTRATION-April-24-28-2013)

Dragonrider
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
How about flying your other trike to Missouri?

Now THAT I may do…. beats the $100 hamburger..

Elembytes
01-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Congratulations Len!

As you know we just bought our FIRST Spyder 2012-RTS-SE5 from you at Cowtown. Personally and selfishly, I am just tickled pink that you are moving closer to us so we can easily get our Spyder to you at Pitbull Powersports!!!! It will be 2 to 3 hours instead of 5 to get to you now! Praise the Lord indeed! (however I know Cow-town will be sad to see you leave)

I know your standards are high, and your mechanics will be SUPERB!

We are going to make an attempt to be at Spyderfest 2013! We will have to take time off our teaching jobs which might make a few people sad or mad, but to heck with it....we want to experience SPYDERFEST and see what other MODS we can add etc.

If we can be of any help let us know---otherwise can't wait to find out the location of Pitbull Powersports and any other news you may have!

Great news!

Enjoy the new adventure!

God Speed and God Bless!

Noral
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Len, Congratulations on your new endever wishing you well !:yes:

Len, would it be possible to do some kind of map showing locations of motels,camping,vender area, race track & your locations of your new dealer location ? For out of towners you know Missouri is the show me state. HA HA:bowdown:

wolfee
01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Looking forward to Spyderfest number 3 for me. Reservations made and now only 111 days left. I wonder how soon I can get back out riding here in Iowa, having a little PSS (Parked Spyder Syndrome) going on.

Bill

cjackg
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
....Len, would it be possible to do some kind of map showing locations of motels,camping,vender area, race track & your locations of your new dealer location ? For out of towners you know Missouri is the show me state. HA HA:bowdown:

:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
01-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Len and Lamont

What a team, i am proud and happy for both of you. Looking forward to Spyderfest 2013

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

lyonsden
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
We had a great time last year at Spyderfest. Ozark will be great! Really like how all of these hotels are grouped together for this year. Just made reservations at the Econo Lodge. Spyderfest rate was great! $59 per night for 2 queens.

Congrats on the new dealership! Can't wait to see it. :yes:
John

kyspydergal
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Just registered and booked room at Econo Lodge. Let the countdown begin!!

Trickie Dick
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
We had a great time last year at Spyderfest. Ozark will be great! Really like how all of these hotels are grouped together for this year. Just made reservations at the Econo Lodge. Spyderfest rate was great! $59 per night for 2 queens.

Congrats on the new dealership! Can't wait to see it. :yes:
John

That's great John. But this is a "don't ask; don't tell" forum. :roflblack::roflblack:

pitbull
01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Honestly, I was a little saddened at first, as Teddy and I have always considered CowTown our home ever since you saved us with the very 1st Spyderfest Eddition RT-S. But the more I thought about it, its not the place, its the people that make the place:firstplace: its YOU :firstplace: and you've always said from the first time we met you, its family first and business second;)

Len, :yes:CONGRATULATIONS on Pitbull PowerSports:yes: Teddy & I (along with hundreds of others I'm sure) can't wait to see and experience your New Adventure first hand:clap::2thumbs:
Thanks Dave, it was a big step forward for me and will always keep what you just stated in my mind and heart, put people first and do what you love and the the rest will fall into place, pretty scary at times taking this on, but having the support of so many great spyderlovers is huge blessing! And makes this so much Easier to do. :thumbup:

Congratulations Len!

As you know we just bought our FIRST Spyder 2012-RTS-SE5 from you at Cowtown. Personally and selfishly, I am just tickled pink that you are moving closer to us so we can easily get our Spyder to you at Pitbull Powersports!!!! It will be 2 to 3 hours instead of 5 to get to you now! Praise the Lord indeed! (however I know Cow-town will be sad to see you leave)

I know your standards are high, and your mechanics will be SUPERB!

We are going to make an attempt to be at Spyderfest 2013! We will have to take time off our teaching jobs which might make a few people sad or mad, but to heck with it....we want to experience SPYDERFEST and see what other MODS we can add etc.

If we can be of any help let us know---otherwise can't wait to find out the location of Pitbull Powersports and any other news you may have!

Great news!

Enjoy the new adventure!

God Speed and God Bless!

thank you guys for the faith and trust and yes will do my best to make sure I treat you like friends first, and take care of you like family.
big step for me, but excited and ready....... Now just have to get open!!!!!

Len, would it be possible to do some kind of map showing locations of motels,camping,vender area, race track & your locations of your new dealer location ? For out of towners you know Missouri is the show me state. HA HA:bowdown:
the maps will be done by the event with locations addresses and contact info along with a list of what's going everyday and where, we are trying to dot I's and cross t's....... We are on it!

Len and Lamont

What a team, i am proud and happy for both of you. Looking forward to Spyderfest 2013

Cruzr Joe

thanks joe, pretty humbling to have some one like Lamont on your side and working with you, it is my honor at the least I can say.

lyonsden
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
That's great John. But this is a "don't ask; don't tell" forum. :roflblack::roflblack:

LOL. It took me a minute to reread my post, but that's funny! :roflblack::roflblack:

pitbull
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Omg llol at least he didn't say to drag queens

SpyderLady
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM

We will definitely have maps for everyone showing just what you are asking for. If not sooner, they will be in your registration packet:thumbup:

SpyderLady
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Omg llol at least he didn't say two drag queens

OMG you all have me cracking up so early in the morning. Good catch Ticket Bail..... Sharp:ohyea:roflmao

lyonsden
01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Maybe in the parking lot of the hotels we can have bed races with our queen beds, then we can call them "drag queens".:roflblack::roflblack:

pitbull
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Maybe in the parking lot of the hotels we can have bed races with our queen beds, then we can call them "drag queens".:roflblack::roflblack:
....... Don't put that past us....... We have no pride!!!! :roflblack:

murphybrown
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
In an earlier decade of my life we had many bed races. they were cutthroat serious competitions. let's not scratch that quite yet! I still remember some tricks to get better speed out of that bed!!!:roflblack::roflblack:

lyonsden
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
In an earlier decade of my life we had many bed races. they were cutthroat serious competitions. let's not scratch that quite yet! I still remember some tricks to get better speed out of that bed!!!:roflblack::roflblack:

I know a trick too, put my spyder behind it and push!:roflblack: (this is sounding better and better) FUN!

SpyderLady
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM

Great idea or maybe better yet we could have some bed races at the DRAG Strip...... We can almost always make something happen that you all suggest. :ohyea: Bring IT ON:2thumbs::clap::2excited: We could call them the Queen Drag races:shemademe_smilie:

duneside
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Len, what are the odds that you'll have time to put together Pittbull edition ST's for Spyderfest ?
I know I would be willing to trade in my Performance edition RT for one if I don't sell it first. By the way you treated me last year at Spyderfest I thought you were an owner at Cowtown!
:cheers::cheers: on your venture I wish you all the best!!! Wayne

GloryRyders
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Len, what are the odds that you'll have time to put together Pittbull edition ST's for Spyderfest ?
I know I would be willing to trade in my Performance edition RT for one if I don't sell it first. By the way you treated me last year at Spyderfest I thought you were an owner at Cowtown!

:gaah:.......when will Len have the time for all this??? LaMonster Edition RT, Spyderfest Edition RT, and now a Pitbull Edition ST. :lecturef_smilie: Len, you won't have time to sleep if you do all this! :roflblack:

IndianaPearl
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
:yes::yes: Have heard about Spyderfest for 4yrs. Sounds like a lot of fun and friendship. 8Legs has attended a few years and we have heard (most of a lot of things). I got my 2012 Spyder RT Limited in July, at Cowtown. My first Spyder get together was Buzzard Rock, KY. I got a little taste of what goes and am looking forward to April.

Congrats Len, and wishes for many years with Can Am. You really are special..Thank You.

dave01
01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Looks like Spyderfest will be see the return of the Original 5, although some of us on different vehicles. I cant wait to get all of us together again for another BLAST across the states.

A little financial tidbit.........Hurry up and buy stock in Monster Energy Drinks, Redbull and Starbucks......

chickenhoose
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Buzzard rock is a great Spyder event, good times,great people,good ride but you haven't seen anything like Spyderfest untill you have witnessed it yourself.
Jerry

MarkLawson
01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks Len for the announcement. God bless you and your family as you begin this new adventure in life.

See you in April!

Trickie Dick
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Just don't put in a room next door:yikes::roflblack:

FaranH
01-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Great idea or maybe better yet we could have some bed races at the DRAG Strip......

Linda, I seem to remember from Branson that you prefer "performance testing" luggage carts?! :ohyea:

pwilbarger
01-04-2013, 12:13 AM
The Comfort Inn has been busy! I was put on hold while another SL was making their reservation and before I was done they had placed someone else on hold. 20 rooms left at about 7:00pm.

By the time I called on Wednesday they were all booked up but the girl told me she was the only one on duty Tuesday when everyone was calling. I'm booked at BW and on waiting list for Comfort.

pitbull
01-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Would you expect anything less.... It's running through my brain.... Folks who know us know we hate stockers!!!!!!! Custom all the way!

:gaah:.......when will Len have the time for all this??? LaMonster Edition RT, Spyderfest Edition RT, and now a Pitbull Edition ST. :lecturef_smilie: Len, you won't have time to sleep if you do all this! :roflblack:
There's 24 hours in a day!

:yes::yes: Have heard about Spyderfest for 4yrs. Sounds like a lot of fun and friendship. 8Legs has attended a few years and we have heard (most of a lot of things). I got my 2012 Spyder RT Limited in July, at Cowtown. My first Spyder get together was Buzzard Rock, KY. I got a little taste of what goes and am looking forward to April.

Congrats Len, and wishes for many years with Can Am. You really are special..Thank You.
Thank you sir, I did go to special Ed..... And drove the short bus to school! Again thank you sir

Looks like Spyderfest will be see the return of the Original 5, although some of us on different vehicles. I cant wait to get all of us together again for another BLAST across the states.

A little financial tidbit.........Hurry up and buy stock in Monster Energy Drinks, Redbull and Starbucks...... be great to see you guys ride in!

Buzzard rock is a great Spyder event, good times,great people,good ride but you haven't seen anything like Spyderfest untill you have witnessed it yourself.
Jerry
Spyderlovers are the best!

By the time I called on Wednesday they were all booked up but the girl told me she was the only one on duty Tuesday when everyone was calling. I'm booked at BW and on waiting list for Comfort.
Either hotel you end up in is going to be great and they are together..... You may not even need a room..... We didn't schedule in nap time!

AbNormy
01-04-2013, 05:23 AM
So Best western had only a couple rooms left, econo lodge was sold out but Super 8 had great rates only they changed names to Americas Best Value. We booked 4 nights but they don't ask for a credit card. Something about their software. Cant wait to finally meet you guys I read so much about! If someone would contact the Super8 now America's Best Value Inn 417-882-2220 I spoke with Angie she said shed gone online and emailed the info email @ spyderfest to let them know they're no longer Super 8

Sent from my home in Central Texas!

Champagne
01-04-2013, 06:44 AM
I very excited about Spyderfest. It is my first one. coming from the north East. We are picking up a Rider alone the way in different States.
that what i call a group road trip. For me Spyderfest starts April 22, when i start my spyder on my way to Springfield MO,. Look for New Jersey RT. to spyderfest, if you want to join us. The funny thing is, I would never do this ride in my car. Where I have heat, air condition, windshield wipers. I must thank Lamontmoster. In my profession I meet a lot of different people. But I must tell you the people i met on spyderlovers are beautiful people.
From all over the country. You guys have made my life so much more enjoyable. It is like icing on the cake. And I cannot wait to see the fireworks in my new friends, who is going to put on a fireworks show. Thank You

SpyderLady
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Linda, I seem to remember from Branson that you prefer "performance testing" luggage carts?! :ohyea:

OMG you have me chuckling early in the morning. Maybe we could get some to the Drag Strip. After the luggage carts I guess I am game for any kind of performance testing as long as it has wheels.
:helpsmilie::2thumbs::2thumbs::yikes:

murphybrown
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Hey Jimmy: Get out the appt book. I am rolling in early to Spyderfest and need to schedule some of that excellent "Len" work on Ms Spyder...:yes:

8LEGS
01-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Ok, Mom, listen, people are going to tell you stories about me and things that happen during spyderfest. First let me tell you, it wasn't me, it was my evil twin. My twin can be persuaded to do things "I" would never, EVER think of doing. For instance having "items" signed in a hotel parking lot, holding a wake for broken Spyder parts and even late nights at the hotel employee picnic table . . . . it was water .... only water. :roflblack: That twin sure does get me in a lot of trouble.:lecturef_smilie:

Farmboy
01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
So Best western had only a couple rooms left, econo lodge was sold out but Super 8 had great rates only they changed names to Americas Best Value. We booked 4 nights but they don't ask for a credit card. Something about their software. Cant wait to finally meet you guys I read so much about! If someone would contact the Super8 now America's Best Value Inn 417-882-2220 I spoke with Angie she said shed gone online and emailed the info email @ spyderfest to let them know they're no longer Super 8

Sent from my home in Central Texas!

If the address is

900 North 18th Street
Ozark
MO 65721

Thats where me and wife got ours. they took c.c over the phone and emailed me a receipt. See ya there:yes:

Phyxius
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
If the address is

900 North 18th Street
Ozark
MO 65721

Thats where me and wife got ours. they took c.c over the phone and emailed me a receipt. See ya there:yes:

The hotels for SpyderFest are actually in Springfield, MO
http://www.spyderfest.com/Visitors.html

Farmboy
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
The hotels for SpyderFest are actually in Springfield, MO

I seen that but is the festivity's in Ozark?

SpyderLady
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM

Yes, the festivity (Vendor Village and gathering place) will be located in Ozark, MO. Ozark MO and where the hotels are off of Battlefield are very close together. It is kinda one of those town line things. Ozark, MO and Springfield city lines touch each other. The hotels are only 6 miles from the event. We will be having events at other locations, to be announced once we have agenda completed

Plus, we want everyone to be close to each other so we can socialize, renew friendships, meet new friends, etc. The Battlefield exit hotels are all right together.:chat::coffee: Things like that.

pitbull
01-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Linda is correct the out side edge of springfield is close to the edge of Ozark which is the gate way to the ozark mountains..... If there's one thing I'm excited about this year, outside of can-am offering me my own store is the ryding in the area..... It's first class on a Spyder! The hills the mountains and the curves! The lakes,rivers and so on make it a one of a kind ozark mountain experience ...... And as a spyderlover of coarse the FOOD!!!

Been telling folks in the area about all of you, but after the little show you Guys put on at the hotels..... THEY BELIEVE ME NOW!!! Spyderfest 2013 is going to rock! Thanks to all of you
Ozark mo has extend a warm welcome to us now, it's nice to have the town and police
contacting you to offer assistance! Thanks to all spyderlovers your posts and support are making this Easier to pull off.:thumbup::thumbup::firstplace:

pitbull
01-04-2013, 11:08 PM

Correct the event is in Ozark and running through the Ozark mountains.

Farmboy
01-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Yes, the festivity (Vendor Village and gathering place) will be located in Ozark, MO. Ozark MO and where the hotels are off of Battlefield are very close together. It is kinda one of those town line things. Ozark, MO and Springfield city lines touch each other. The hotels are only 6 miles from the event. We will be having events at other locations, to be announced once we have agenda completed

Plus, we want everyone to be close to each other so we can socialize, renew friendships, meet new friends, etc. The Battlefield exit hotels are all right together.:chat::coffee: Things like that.

Got it. just canceled and moved to Best western. they now have 14 rooms left. Thanks!!

Kungfuspyder
01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
After reading a number of posts from yall, it looks like we will have an insanely great time, others will think that we need to go to the infirmary for shock treatments, this is my first Spyderfest, looking forward to this.:yes:

GloryRyders
01-05-2013, 07:25 AM
After reading a number of posts from yall, it looks like we will have an insanely great time, others will think that we need to go to the infirmary for shock treatments, this is my first Spyderfest, looking forward to this.:yes:

You'll have more fun than the law allows...................and the MoGang has experience in pushing the limits with the law!:yes::roflblack:

Kungfuspyder
01-05-2013, 07:31 AM
You'll have more fun than the law allows...................and the MoGang has experience in pushing the limits with the law!:yes::roflblack:

There is Video proof of it, can't wait to meet yall.

dave01
01-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Ok, Mom, listen, people are going to tell you stories about me and things that happen during spyderfest. First let me tell you, it wasn't me, it was my evil twin. My twin can be persuaded to do things "I" would never, EVER think of doing. For instance having "items" signed in a hotel parking lot, holding a wake for broken Spyder parts and even late nights at the hotel employee picnic table . . . . it was water .... only water. :roflblack: That twin sure does get me in a lot of trouble.:lecturef_smilie:

Just remember, What happens at Spyderfest STAYS on Youtube.....................

pitbull
01-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Just remember, What happens at Spyderfest STAYS on Youtube.....................

And you can never ever live it down..... Dang forums :roflblack:

Farmboy
01-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Just registered myself and wife!! Hotel ready. Got change of underwear. Now just the dang wait.... 108 days and 11 hours. Going to need more beer to set this one out:D

IndianaPearl
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Thank you sir, I did go to special Ed..... And drove the short bus to school! Again thank you sir
be great to see you guys ride in!

Thank You Sir?????? My spyder don't have a kickstand and the last time I looked I don't either :roflblack:. I know you have been really busy and don't remember everyone so I'll refresh. I did mention 8Legs and how much she has reveiled about spyderfest.:D She rode my spyder home. And again I will say it, you are special, Ed or not...........:roflblack:

pitbull
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank You Sir?????? My spyder don't have a kickstand and the last time I looked I don't either :roflblack:. I know you have been really busy and don't remember everyone so I'll refresh. I did mention 8Legs and how much she has reveiled about spyderfest.:D She rode my spyder home. And again I will say it, you are special, Ed or not...........:roflblack:
MOMMA!!! Sorry was in a hurry! too funny KICK STAND...THATS NOT RI....that was funny! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
thanks for the laugh! Great to have you guys coming this year..... Might just be adding another lady from your area to the list of girls on spyders comming from Indiana!

Questions
01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Toronto Canada for the events. If we're hoping to get 1000 registered people at $50 per. May I ask where the fund go to ?

Thanks

spyderbirds
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Toronto Canada for the events. If we're hoping to get 1000 registered people at $50 per. May I ask where the fund go to ?

Thanks

Last year for example you got 4 paid meals and the t shirt for your registration ... that alone should cover the cost of the registration.

mac spyder
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Last October Patti and I experienced our first ride with this group down to Branson MO. We didn't know what to expect but what we found was a great group of people. We had a blast! We can't wait for the event to get here. Len, do the night managers at the hotel know how to bake cookies?

GloryRyders
01-06-2013, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=rickeggett;556334]My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Toronto Canada for the events. If we're hoping to get 1000 registered people at $50 per. May I ask where the fund go to ?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Cost of food, venues, equipment rental, give away's, etc. etc. etc......................It's also hard to put a price on all the fun, friends, etc. that you will have. This is a "not to be missed" event. Hope you decide to attend!:yes:

SpyderRocks
01-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I agree, the $50 registration fee is a steal... AND the event is organized by the MO Gang who ARE NOT PAID! :shocked: My husband and I attended one of their meetings yesterday and will be working with them at Spyderfest. They've done an amazing amount of work already and there's still plenty to be done, all on their own time! So I can tell you without hesitation that it is going to be AWESOME! :yes:

NorthStar
01-06-2013, 08:54 AM

Thanks

We have attended the last two Spyderfest events in Cuba, and the question I continually asked myself during the week was " How do they manage to carry out all of these activities for what we paid in registration fees?" The planned activities are truly non stop from the beginning of the festivities till the end. IMHO, this event has been a success in the past because of the volunteer efforts of the MOGANG. Catering to 1000+ people for 4 days is somewhat of a logistical nightmare and quite frankly I wonder how they are able to carry off the complexities involved and still make it feel totally like a small town gathering of friends. Is it good value? Well, if it weren't, I doubt if people would continue to attend, from all over North America, and beyond, in growing numbers year after year.

spyderrock
01-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I will be heading down, registered last week and booking hotel this morning. I will be leaving from my home in Alberta about 3200km one way so if any Spyder people would like to meet up along the way im in. I will be traveling east through Saskatchewan down into the Dakota's and south to Kansas City, from there south to Ozark, Mo. Leaving on April 19th want to get there a bit early. I met a bunch of you at the Owners event but this seems to be way bigger of an event cant wait. And to Len and his family congrats on the new business and PS....Len you have to be totally of your rocker:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, to open a new business is one thing but to throw a party like this in the first 4 months of ownership is just crazy :yikes::yikes:. 4 months is a long time to wait should be a great time.

Cruzr Joe
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Last October Patti and I experienced our first ride with this group down to Branson MO. We didn't know what to expect but what we found was a great group of people. We had a blast! We can't wait for the event to get here. Len, do the night managers at the hotel know how to bake cookies?

Or how to extinguish a flaming possom?

Just asking from experience

Schnauzer
01-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Thanks

Hmmmm! Good question..:read:
4 days for $50.00:gaah:

1 day for $12.25:banghead:

12 hour minimum for $1.02 hour:ohyea:

Wow! I feel guilty now.

Mo-Gang = :firstplace:

SpyderRocks
01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
I will be heading down, registered last week and booking hotel this morning. I will be leaving from my home in Alberta about 3200km one way so if any Spyder people would like to meet up along the way im in. I will be traveling east through Saskatchewan down into the Dakota's and south to Kansas City, from there south to Ozark, Mo. Leaving on April 19th want to get there a bit early. I met a bunch of you at the Owners event but this seems to be way bigger of an event cant wait. And to Len and his family congrats on the new business and PS....Len you have to be totally of your rocker:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, to open a new business is one thing but to throw a party like this in the first 4 months of ownership is just crazy :yikes::yikes:. 4 months is a long time to wait should be a great time.

Hi spyderrock, I am SpyderRocks! We are in Kansas City and will be heading to Ozark on Saturday the 20th as we are helping out with the MO Gang preparations. Don't know what time we will be leaving KC but perhaps we can caravan with you. We are planning to trailer our Spyder as we are talking a lot of extra STUFF. As the time gets closer we can keep in touch and perhaps coordinate a time to meet up. Looking forward to meeting another rider with an excellent name!

SpyderLady
01-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Thanks

Everyone who has responded to you has been 100% correct. The fireworks display is better than most cities put on, yes there are meals included, there are games, gatherings, event bags that have all kind of goodies, prizes. Yes I am a member of MOGANG and everything I do is on a volunteer basis. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Spyderfest 2013.

wolfee
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Wow with about 400 already registered looks like this is going to be a great Spyderfest. Just wondering if Springfield and Ozark are ready the Spyder Invasion. Looking forward to a another good time.

Bill

spyderrock
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi spyderrock, I am SpyderRocks! We are in Kansas City and will be heading to Ozark on Saturday the 20th as we are helping out with the MO Gang preparations. Don't know what time we will be leaving KC but perhaps we can caravan with you. We are planning to trailer our Spyder as we are talking a lot of extra STUFF. As the time gets closer we can keep in touch and perhaps coordinate a time to meet up. Looking forward to meeting another rider with an excellent name!

Hey guys sounds good to meet up only thing....I cant drive that far in one day im 2524km north and west of KS. Thats a 24 hour drive for me and I would never do that:yikes::yikes:. I will be pulling in late that Saturday night the 20th. If your date changes let me know it would be great to run down together.

dave01
01-06-2013, 05:40 PM
No town should be subjected to the invasion of Spyders, and the humble townfolk are usually scarred for life. They have nightmares for weeks after the event and the invasion have left. What was usually 4 cars at a stoplight, and that was a traffic jam, will be multiplied many times over. Parents will scoop up thier children off the streets, dogs and cats will cower in fear at the sound of some of the exhausts ( Doc and Yazz),
That being said, see ya all in Ozark. Cant let you guys have all of the fun. Fl X-Press 5 will be on the road again

xpeschon
01-06-2013, 06:11 PM
No town should be subjected to the invasion of Spyders, and the humble townfolk are usually scarred for life. They have nightmares for weeks after the event and the invasion have left. What was usually 4 cars at a stoplight, and that was a traffic jam, will be multiplied many times over. Parents will scoop up thier children off the streets, dogs and cats will cower in fear at the sound of some of the exhausts ( Doc and Yazz),
That being said, see ya all in Ozark. Cant let you guys have all of the fun. Fl X-Press 5 will be on the road again

Looking forward to seeing the gang, see ya soon...

Yazz
01-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Hey, that wasn't me riding around the hotel parking lot in the middle of the night. I have witnesses!

Looking forward to seeing all y'all FL X-Press 5 riders again. :doorag:

Yazz
01-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing the gang, see ya soon...

X-Man, Looking forward to seeing you again too!

Tell you what, Spyderfest is like a giant family reunion. Catching up with old friends, and making new ones. :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
01-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey, that wasn't me riding around the hotel parking lot in the middle of the night. I have witnesses!

Looking forward to seeing all y'all FL X-Press 5 riders again. :doorag:

Witnesses can be bought for either side of the argument.

Yazz
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Witnesses can be bought for either side of the argument.

Not my witnesses. They are all high caliber people who I am proud to call friends. :bowdown:

8LEGS
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Not my witnesses. They are all high caliber people who I am proud to call friends. :bowdown:

You know I've got your back! I didn't see nuttin'

Spyderbit65
01-06-2013, 07:13 PM
My husband and I are registered and have the Comfort Inn confirmed. This will be our first spyderfest and we are so excited to drive up from Duluth, GA and to meet some of our Spyder brothers and sisters. Only a little over 16 weeks to go :):spyder:

SpyderLady
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Extra STUFF..... Can't wait:spyder::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Questions
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Last year for example you got 4 paid meals and the t shirt for your registration ... that alone should cover the cost of the registration.

nuff said, i believe we'll be heading down on the 20th of April......

Thanks

KCPete
01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Hey guys sounds good to meet up only thing....I cant drive that far in one day im 2524km north and west of KS. Thats a 24 hour drive for me and I would never do that:yikes::yikes:. I will be pulling in late that Saturday night the 20th. If your date changes let me know it would be great to run down together.

Hi!
I'm SpyderRocks other half...and I don't think she was thinking it was quite that far! Anyway, we'll be taking off from Kansas City for Springfield sometime Saturday morning, so I guess we'll see you there! Where are you staying?

Pete

kevorama
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM

Thanks

For $50 you'll get all the work that we put into the special ride routes, a merch bag, Special T-shirt, special events, maps, meals and a fireworks show that rivals most large cities. All of us are volunteers and we make nothing for doing this. We take at least a week off from work to put this event on. This event also makes money for the local children's charities. What money ends up left over goes into the investment of the following year's event. SpyderFest has almost doubled every year since it's inception. We enjoy doing this and it's the 'must attend' Spyder event of the year. This is the chance to meet all the vendors and all of the people that you meet on SpyderLovers.
My wife and I look forward to meeting you both, and I think that once you see what all goes on at SpyderFest, you'll see just how much the registration cost will get you. See you soon ")

Joanie
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM

Hmm.... the extra stuff... venom???? PLEASE :bowdown:

Joanie
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
X-Man, Looking forward to seeing you again too!

Tell you what, Spyderfest is like a giant family reunion. Catching up with old friends, and making new ones. :2thumbs:

Joy, So agree with what you said!! There are no strangers at SpyderFest!! Spyder Ryders Rock!!!!!!:yes:

SpyderRocks
01-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Hmm.... the extra stuff... venom???? PLEASE :bowdown:

For the gals that make SF happen, how many cases?

BajaRon
01-07-2013, 07:31 AM
For $50 you'll get all the work that we put into the special ride routes, a merch bag, Special T-shirt, special events, maps, meals and a fireworks show that rivals most large cities. All of us are volunteers and we make nothing for doing this. We take at least a week off from work to put this event on. This event also makes money for the local children's charities. What money ends up left over goes into the investment of the following year's event. SpyderFest has almost doubled every year since it's inception. We enjoy doing this and it's the 'must attend' Spyder event of the year. This is the chance to meet all the vendors and all of the people that you meet on SpyderLovers.
My wife and I look forward to meeting you both, and I think that once you see what all goes on at SpyderFest, you'll see just how much the registration cost will get you. See you soon ")

The $49 registration fee is a great deal and probably the best bang for the buck that you'll get at Spyderfest.... Except for the products I sell, of course! :roflblack:

Even if Len and gang kept it all and didn't give us anything for it, it wouldn't cover the time and effort they put into making Spyderfest happen. This is a HUGE project requiring a lot of people putting in a lot of hours. It's not smoke and mirrors and they actually start working on next years event while the current event is taking place. Personally, I think Len and gang are CRAZY to take on a project like this!

But I'm sure glad, for all of us, that they do. :thumbup:

Joanie
01-07-2013, 08:03 AM

I bringing a truck...... we normally 2 a night, now we don't to that every night of the week. Just one night a weekend. But you know we might be forced to have some each night!!!!:bowdown: You two are awsome!!

SpyderLady
01-07-2013, 09:24 AM

Anything will be appreciated. :ohyea::ohyea:Not sure you would have enough room if you brought all the cases of venom we could all consume
:cheers:

SpyderLady
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I bringing a truck...... we normally 2 a night, now we don't to that every night of the week. Just one night a weekend. But you know we might be forced to have some each night!!!!:bowdown: You two are awsome!!

Two a night. You can't count lady:banghead: My counts are more like 3 a night and at times more than once a week-end night.:ohyea: Good thing one of us has to work:shemademe_smilie:

spyderrock
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi!
I'm SpyderRocks other half...and I don't think she was thinking it was quite that far! Anyway, we'll be taking off from Kansas City for Springfield sometime Saturday morning, so I guess we'll see you there! Where are you staying?

Pete

Hi KCPete

Im staying at the bestwestern, get in on Monday 22nd staying until Monday 29th. See you guys there travel safe.

Oldmanzues
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
That fee for this is a whole lot more fun, adventure, Friends and lots more "Bang for the Buck" then a night at the local steakhouse.
I have been to the last two in Cuba and they great. I have also been involued in planning some big events and this is real work and time. A little detail can wreck the whole event. There was a escort the Wall run. Planners had a couple trucks stops to assemble in, but there were lots more bikes then they thought would come. Where to park at the end. Only place grass field, quick, get out the saws and make sidestand plates from plywood.
Thank you very much Mo Gang for all the effort and time you put into this and still are great people to be around.
Oldmanzues

KCPete
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Anything will be appreciated. :ohyea::ohyea:Not sure you would have enough room if you brought all the cases of venom we could all consume
:cheers:

Two a night. You can't count lady:banghead: My counts are more like 3 a night and at times more than once a week-end night.:ohyea: Good thing one of us has to work:shemademe_smilie:

Trust me ladies - we'll have it handled! Thinking I'll be using a couple of my 20-gal. fermenters...:yikes: :cheers:

pitbull
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
It's a lot of talking to people about the event and they give you that ya right look! You just smile and think to yourself ok.... Just wait and see, hank said it best! All my rowdy friends are coming !!! :doorag:

Trooper
01-09-2013, 10:19 AM
It's a lot of talking to people about the event and they give you that ya right look! You just smile and think to yourself ok....

I though this too the first time I spoke to you about " Spyderfest".....until I saw you in action. It is still a mystery to me how you manage.:dontknow:

Dochands
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Great choice Len. Know the area well. Love the little town of Cuba but success is its own reward and challenge.

Dochands
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Just book a Queen double at Days Inn. Which appears to be just across the street. Think they still have rooms.

BajaRon
01-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I've seen posts questioning the registration fee, accommodations, distances, events, bang for buck and more. And I completely understand. No one wants to commit this amount of time, effort and finances to an event without some assurances that their resources are well spent. Many can only make 1 event a year and you want to do more than just roll the dice.

I have also noticed that most of these questions have come from those who have never been to Spyderfest. Again, very understandable and reasonable.

Being one of the fortunate, I've been to every Spyderfest from the beginning (though I did miss last year). So let me say this, even if Spyderfest 2013 were only as good as the first one (and I use the word 'Only' in a strictly relative context) it would be worth whatever it takes for you to get there. If you can't, then you can't. But if you can, you will not regret it.

For me to describe Spyderfest to someone who has never been there would be like trying to describe the Grand Canyon to someone who has never seen it. And if a person has experienced the Grand Canyon, there really is no need for explanation. Spyderfest is like that.

So, here is my advise to anyone who has never attended a 'Spyderfest Event'. Show up ready to absorb the experience and you'll never have to think twice again about whether you should come or not.

Len has got himself a crew of crazies that never sleep, come up with unthinkable things every year and will infect you with an enthusiasm for the Spyder that you've not realized existed. If nothing else you will marvel at how these seemingly mild mannered, average people pull it off. Maybe there is a phone booth out back that they use or Maybe that's where Len got his name of Pitbull!

Littlebadwolf
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Two occassions you don't want to miss...Spyderfest & Lamonts BBQ in Maggie Valley...Be there or be square...:)

Deke
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
First post on SpyderLovers is to say that my wife and I are registered for Spyderfest 2013! We'll be traveling from eastern Iowa.:2excited:

Now that I've done that, I have the question, is registration by bike or by person? We are 1 bike, but I paid for 2 registrations. Did I just unnecessarily donate to the cause? :dontknow:

+Peace

boomerkc
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Deke, it's by person. The registration fee includes a goody bag, some meals and all the fun you can handle, so you were correct to buy twice.

GloryRyders
01-10-2013, 07:36 AM
I've seen posts questioning the registration fee, accommodations, distances, events, bang for buck and more. And I completely understand. No one wants to commit this amount of time, effort and finances to an event without some assurances that their resources are well spent. Many can only make 1 event a year and you want to do more than just roll the dice.

I have also noticed that most of these questions have come from those who have never been to Spyderfest. Again, very understandable and reasonable.

Being one of the fortunate, I've been to every Spyderfest from the beginning (though I did miss last year). So let me say this, even if Spyderfest 2013 were only as good as the first one (and I use the word 'Only' in a strictly relative context) it would be worth whatever it takes for you to get there. If you can't, then you can't. But if you can, you will not regret it.

For me to describe Spyderfest to someone who has never been there would be like trying to describe the Grand Canyon to someone who has never seen it. And if a person has experienced the Grand Canyon, there really is no need for explanation. Spyderfest is like that.

So, here is my advise to anyone who has never attended a 'Spyderfest Event'. Show up ready to absorb the experience and you'll never have to think twice again about whether you should come or not.

Len has got himself a crew of crazies that never sleep, come up with unthinkable things every year and will infect you with an enthusiasm for the Spyder that you've not realized existed. If nothing else you will marvel at how these seemingly mild mannered, average people pull it off. Maybe there is a phone booth out back that they use or Maybe that's where Len got his name of Pitbull!

Ron, thanks for the vote of confidence............we do our best to insure all have a good time and enjoy themselves!:yes: There is always something happening at Spyderfest and as others have said "what happens at Spyderfest, stays at Spyderfest"!:roflblack:

NancysToy
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Ron, thanks for the vote of confidence............we do our best to insure all have a good time and enjoy themselves!:yes: There is always something happening at Spyderfest and as others have said "what happens at Spyderfest, stays at Spyderfest"!:roflblack:
I thought the saying was actually

"What happens at Spyderfest........is all over the Internet within an hour!" :roflblack:

GloryRyders
01-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I thought the saying was actually

"What happens at Spyderfest........is all over the Internet within an hour!" :roflblack:
:joke:You're right, that does seem to have a way of happening:gaah:...............and if not all over the internet, at least it's on Spyderlovers!:clap::banghead:

JJW SpyderRider
01-10-2013, 08:45 AM
.............and if not all over the internet, at least it's on Spyderlovers!:clap::banghead:

If it is on Spyderlovers it IS being seen all over the world! ;)

pitbull
01-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Well it's a big day got the keys to the new building today, PITBULL POWERSPORTS. What a feeling..... It's all becoming real, and the adventure is on! Love this stuff.... Can't wait for a 1000 or so of my friends to show up to hang out! Look out Ozark mountains you ain't seen nothing yet!...... They are coming! 3 by 3 by 100's:roflblack:

BajaRon
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Well it's a big day got the keys to the new building today, PITBULL POWERSPORTS. What a feeling..... It's all becoming real, and the adventure is on! Love this stuff.... Can't wait for a 1000 or so of my friends to show up to hang out! Look out Ozark mountains you ain't seen nothing yet!...... They are coming! 3 by 3 by 100's:roflblack:

Well done. A huge effort and you've only just begun. Looking forward to setting foot in the new facility! :thumbup:

GloryRyders
01-12-2013, 07:20 AM

:congrats:...........a step in the right direction!:yes: Give a yell when you need some help and we will fit it in our busy :dontknow: schedule!

bud2061
01-12-2013, 11:14 AM
:congrats:...........a step in the right direction!:yes: Give a yell when you need some help and we will fit it in our busy :dontknow: schedule!

been there,done that,one of the greatis & scarest feelings one can have in a lifetime, (other
than 3 mariages & 5 children....................... Congrats

Joanie
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
There is also a Grizzly Tool Outlet there. I know I'm going to check that out!

Mo Lee
01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
There is also a Grizzly Tool Outlet there. I know I'm going to check that out!Actually Joanie there is more than an outlet, may even be the main store.

rcantrell52
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Len,

:congrats: on getting the keys to the store. Are you still expecting to be open for business mid-February?

Reese

Joanie
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Actually Joanie there is more than an outlet, may even be the main store.

Someone "aka Kevorama" was setting up my tap a talk and posted under me. LOL. I probably would like the tool store too!

Halesangel13
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to meeting you at Spyderfest. As a fellow Spyderlady from Indiana, I can't wait to see who comes from our state, as well as Kentucky and Ohio. Sounds like you like to get wild and cray...my kind of "lady". Thanks for the input on buying my
Spyder.

NancysToy
01-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Someone "aka Kevorama" was setting up my tap a talk and posted under me. LOL. I probably would like the tool store too!
I was wondering about that! :yikes: I thought maybe you had taken up a new hobby.

Phil
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM

Dude!!!! We're almost twins!!! Proud of you.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

8LEGS
01-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Looking forward to meeting you at Spyderfest. As a fellow Spyderlady from Indiana, I can't wait to see who comes from our state, as well as Kentucky and Ohio. Sounds like you like to get wild and cray...my kind of "lady". Thanks for the input on buying my
Spyder.

Look forward to meeting you as well! I'll PM you my cell #. Hit me up at spyderfest and we'll meet-up, I might bring a few friends along!! You are going to love it!!!!!!!

bmwlarry
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Do they have a station where you can get supplies and change you oil yourself at the Spyderfest? Mine will be due by the time I get there but prefer not to carry the supplies.

SpyderLady
01-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Do they have a station where you can get supplies and change you oil yourself at the Spyderfest? Mine will be due by the time I get there but prefer not to carry the supplies.

PitBull Powersports (the new dealer in Springfield) will be doing oil changes and or will have the supplies for you to do it.

Rock'nSTLtd
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi

I have a quick question, unfortunately we won't be able to make Spyderfest this year (would have been our first) as I am not even sure I will have the bike at home by April (damn snow :gaah:) but hoping for 2014. My question: Is Spyderfest restricted to only :f_spider: Spyders, as I have one but my husband rides two wheels??

Thanks and hopefully we will see you all in 2014

Lori :yes:

cyclelover63
01-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I've been to SPYDERFEST and have seen plenty of 2 wheelers...Thats where we all,or most of us started..

GloryRyders
01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi

I have a quick question, unfortunately we won't be able to make Spyderfest this year (would have been our first) as I am not even sure I will have the bike at home by April (damn snow :gaah:) but hoping for 2014. My question: Is Spyderfest restricted to only :f_spider: Spyders, as I have one but my husband rides two wheels??

Thanks and hopefully we will see you all in 2014

Lori :yes:

All are welcome..........even 2 wheels! :roflblack:

pitbull
01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
You got it! If your willing to show up, we are more than happy to welcome you all in! :thumbup:
Looking forward to this!!

pitbull
01-15-2013, 06:06 PM

If you want it, we will make it happen sir. :thumbup:

BajaRon
01-15-2013, 07:09 PM

It's nearly impossible to think of something that the MoGang hasn't already thought of, but we should keep trying! You never know!

tbhlaw
01-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Are there any American Legion Riders or Patriot Guards coming to Spyderfest?

GloryRyders
01-16-2013, 07:21 AM

I ryde Patriot Guard as well as other MoGang members! See you at Spyderfest!:yes:

Kagey_98
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM

I am a member of the American Legion, and I ride... Or is there a group called "American Legion Riders"? Regardless, I am attending..

Old Texan
01-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Absolutely there is an American Legion Riders Organization. Some post have them and some don't. In our area of Tx most Posts in our district support the riders. We will definitely be there with our Colors on. The Legion and the riders do a lot to support our vets and active duty troops, and I'm proud to belong to this organization.

bmwlarry
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I am a PGR rider and will be at the Spyderfest with others from Oregon & Washington.

Joanie
01-16-2013, 11:41 PM

We, me & Kev (Kevorama) are along with SpyderLady Linda and Paladent John.. are PGR.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

We will be some of the crazy MoGang members running around like a bunch of chicken's with their head ______ off!!! LOL

Evi
01-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Len,
Can't wait to see your new shop!! Congrats!!
See you soon!

ijon1
01-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know of any campgrounds near the Spyderfest?

Trickie Dick
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM

Slagiatt
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Because of work/travel, I won't be able to get to Spyderfest until just after noon on Friday. Having never been to Spyerfest before, the question, will there be many activities Friday evening and Saturday of will I have missed most of the "action?" I know the events are TBA, but I'm really curious.

SpyderLady
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Because of work/travel, I won't be able to get to Spyderfest until just after noon on Friday. Having never been to Spyerfest before, the question, will there be many activities Friday evening and Saturday of will I have missed most of the "action?" I know the events are TBA, but I'm really curious.

Friday evening and especially Saturday and Saturday night will be great. You will be glad you came even if just for a couple of days. Ride safe and sound

Slagiatt
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Appreciate the positive comments. I'll keep an eye out for the event list. :-)

scooterexpress
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
ok MoGang wheres the big bon-fire going to be held since we are in a new location we need a fire and even a bigger one this year?

SpyderLady
01-22-2013, 08:15 PM
ok MoGang wheres the big bon-fire going to be held since we are in a new location we need a fire and even a bigger one this year?

Not to worry.... We will have it all!

Oldmanzues
01-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Their were a lot of PGR riders last year. Probably a lot more this year.
Oldmanzues

pitbull
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM

No detail has been missed, the Bon fire this year and location Will not disappoint you in any way. :thumbup:

Kratos
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm sure this has been answered on one of these 10 pages, but where do I go to register?

Lamonster
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm sure this has been answered on one of these 10 pages, but where do I go to register?

http://www.spyderfest.com/Registration.html

pitbull
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks Lamont:thumbup: I must say, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the amount of spyderlovers registering for the event, we have a meeting in less than a week to be live on location at all the SPYDERFEST location aswell as showing the gang the new store/spyder club house, we even put in a jukebox that plays records to have here for all to play with. Looking forward to the new adventure. :thumbup:

houstonhuney
02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
:spyder:This is my first Spyderfest! We went to the member's event in Durango, CO and met some great people and look forward to meeting and spending time with them again this year. It will be wonderful to see such beautiful country! Can't wait for my packet to come in! Are you planning on adding something for the ladies this year? PLEASE! :2thumbs: :2excited:

ThreeFeet
02-19-2013, 01:04 AM
There are 22 campgrounds in Branson some 20 miles south of Ozark Mo. the KOA in Springfield, there is one IN OZARK but doesn't take tents, ratings aren't that great either. One in Strafford didn't say anything about tents does have spaces for BIG rigs.Guess could check with Branson Chamber of Commerce about all their campgrounds. I have stayed at Compton Ridge I belive it was and it was really nice.

Cavman
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
www.trailerlifedirectory.com (Trailer Life Directory)

Put in 'Springfield' and 'Missouri' in the search box. There will be 82 listings of campgrounds in the area.

They will have the Good Sam Ratings.

flamingobabe
02-19-2013, 08:57 AM
:spyder:This is my first Spyderfest! We went to the member's event in Durango, CO and met some great people and look forward to meeting and spending time with them again this year. It will be wonderful to see such beautiful country! Can't wait for my packet to come in! Are you planning on adding something for the ladies this year? PLEASE! :2thumbs: :2excited:

Lana...there is a Ladies "Twisted Sister" Ride....check out the ladies board http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47603-Spyderfest-quot-Twisted-Sisters-Ladies-Ride-quot-to-Prescious-Moments-Chapel or on facebook "Girls on Spyders" http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/girlsonspyders/

hope to see y'all there or on the way

PrairieSpyder
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM

In case you're still looking, many of us are staying at the KOA in Springfield.

Pops
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
There are 22 campgrounds in Branson some 20 miles south of Ozark Mo. the KOA in Springfield, there is one IN OZARK but doesn't take tents, ratings aren't that great either. One in Strafford didn't say anything about tents does have spaces for BIG rigs.Guess could check with Branson Chamber of Commerce about all their campgrounds. I have stayed at Compton Ridge I belive it was and it was really nice.

Here's a link that shows the campgrounds and the dated reviews from folks who have stayed there. We use it alot when traveling.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Just select the locality & it will bring up a pretty current list of CG's & their dated reviews / comments.

Hope this helps...

SpyderLady
02-20-2013, 06:46 PM

Your packet will not be mailed to you, you will get it when you check in at registration. For a list of events you can go to Spyderfest,com. Yes we ave a ladies ride every year'

pitbull
02-20-2013, 07:21 PM
THE NEW ADVENTURE is getting ready to be in full swing....we got units on the road, loaded and trucking!! SO EXCITED SO EXCITED:yikes: