PDA

View Full Version : Gas

Diggittt
03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
What grade of gas is everyone using in their spyders? I have been running on premium but I wonder if there is a noticeable difference in how she will run in lower grades....

Diggittt

Dilbertian
03-13-2008, 05:59 PM
What grade of gas is everyone using in their spyders? I have been running on premium but I wonder if there is a noticeable difference in how she will run in lower grades....

Diggittt

I wasn't sure what to put in it so I broke out the manual and noticed it requires a minimum of 87 octane, so I have been using Regular gas - just filled up my second tank. I would think you would want to use Regular if that's all that the engine requires because it will run cooler and will cost a bit less. Next tank up perhaps I will try the 89 octane and see if there is any difference maybe.

Trypod
03-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Been running the 87 as suggested by BRP.....haven't had any problems yet....hmmm, the Softtail almost demanded premium.

Way2Fast
03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
About the only advantage to using premium would be if you don't intend to ride for awhile. Todays fuel looses octane rapidly. Fill up with 87 in October and by spring time you'll have something like 81 !!

aubierules
03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
if its like my old truck...if the computer is setup for 87 octane and u run higher it will run like crap...i had a ford ranger that this happened to...not sure bout the spider yet AS IM STILL WAITING... ;D