PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2 ignorant

wyliec
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
My gf wants to purchase and Ipad 2 (
Wi-Fi + 3G) through verizon (her cell phone carrier). Is it cheaper that way rather than purchasing through the apple store? Is there any benefit purchasing from apple?

She wants the 3G b/c she wants to get on the Ipad anywhere.

bcoulter19
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Make sure it is 4g capable. I don't think there is any advantage to buying from Verizon. I would check and see if there is any price difference between Verizon, apple store or best buy and get one at the least expensive.

Netminder
12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Remember with a 3G you will be charged for a data plan. If you already have a smartphone, it can be used as a remote hub that you could connect the IPad to! This way you would not need the 3G. I know a lot of people who had the 3G but turned it off due to the cost of the data plans. Because you are using the cellular network with 3G there will be a hefty price to download video etc? Plus the speed will only be as good as the signal strength. Hope this helps a bit.

Hberninger
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
I have an iPad 3 (there are two versions of the iPad 3). I have the one with the wide connector.
I have Verizon and data is $30/month for 2Gig. I do mostly e-mail and Internet (Spyderlovers) and 2Gig is more than sufficient. I don't do movies, music, or very much streaming, so I don't come close to 2Gig each month. I'm also on Wi-fi most of the time and on Verizon only when on the road.

Lamonster
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
My gf wants to purchase and Ipad 2 (
Wi-Fi + 3G) through verizon (her cell phone carrier). Is it cheaper that way rather than purchasing through the apple store? Is there any benefit purchasing from apple?

She wants the 3G b/c she wants to get on the Ipad anywhere.

As far as being cheaper it might pay to look around seeing you're going for a iPad2, Walmart just had some good discounts on them. Either way when you buy the iPad you'll be dealing with Apple on all things iPad and Verizon if that's your carrier. When I bought my iPad3 I got one with 3G but never use it, I just tether through my phone when needed.

wyliec
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the comments. I'll be checking Walmart.