PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead

Lamonster
12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I see there's been a lot of good activity on SL including members with new rides and the site going over the 10,000 member mark. :thumbup:

I know that's just a number but that means that 10,000 people took the time to go through the registration process even though some have moved on since then, there's still a lot of lurkers here too so like I say it's just a number but it's a good number. :doorag:

Christmas day I had a major attack on my main server that shut me down and to top it off I got some kind of flu bug or something that pretty much wiped me out till today. It was hard to enjoy my two boys being home for Christmas when I was going through this junk as I have a hard time turning the work switch off and just letting go when things are out of my hands. I decided not to look at my emails or try and get any work done when I was feeling the way I was. That's why you didn't see me commenting on some of the threads that I would have normally.

I'm back now and looking forward to a great year for Spyder and SpyderLovers. 2012 was great but I have a good feeling 2013 will be even better. I want to thank you all for the great memories in 2012 and wish you all a great 2013. You folks are the best and that's no joke. Love you all :thumbup:

billybovine
12-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Lamont you run a great site and I'm happy that your back.

Pennyrick
12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I see there's been a lot of good activity on SL including members with new rides and the site going over the 10,000 member mark. :thumbup:

I know that's just a number but that means that 10,000 people took the time to go through the registration process even though some have moved on since then, there's still a lot of lurkers here too so like I say it's just a number but it's a good number. :doorag:

Christmas day I had a major attack on my main server that shut me down and to top it off I got some kind of flu bug or something that pretty much wiped me out till today. It was hard to enjoy my two boys being home for Christmas when I was going through this junk as I have a hard time turning the work switch off and just letting go when things are out of my hands. I decided not to look at my emails or try and get any work done when I was feeling the way I was. That's why you didn't see me commenting on some of the threads that I would have normally.

I'm back now and looking forward to a great year for Spyder and SpyderLovers. 2012 was great but I have a good feeling 2013 will be even better. I want to thank you all for the great memories in 2012 and wish you all a great 2013. You folks are the best and that's no joke. Love you all :thumbup:

Glad you are felling better. This bug seems to be going around east Tennessee and northern Georgia. Where you 'hacked' or did the server get a virus infection like you did?

Mo Lee
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better, and thanks for running a great site.

SpyderAnn01
12-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Happy New Year to you too! I'm looking forward to more great Spyder adventures in 2013.

rock
12-30-2012, 12:44 PM
welcome back hope u r feelin better

Kmort44
12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Glad to see you back Lamont, this site is just not the same without your input, as much as we all love too read Bob's post:roflblack::lecturef_smilie:

I'm sure the bug your server got was devoured by your Spyder and I'm sure again it wasn't a virus because you seem like a Mac Guy..(sorry Windows):cus:

Any whooo,,, glad your back, Happy New Year and lets have a Spyderific 2013

groundeffect
12-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Lamont, you rock bro! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sonrisa
12-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Lamont, You're not supposed to get the bug. Wondered why you weren't on here doing your normal great commentary. Glad you are better and
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL SPYDERLOVERS;);)

currin20fan
12-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Welcome Back!!!:welcome: We've all missed you. Glad you're feeling better and hope you have a great New Year!

mrfats
12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Glad you're feeling better and Happy New Year! :clap:

coz
12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
that arntufun had such mad hacking skills.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::joke:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Sarge707
12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Glad your feeling better!!:clap:

Just a reminder how Precious or health is!

Netminder
12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Happy New Year to you and your family Lamont! Glad you are feeling better!

Big Arm
12-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Hope you've shaken that flu bug.....it always seems to hit right at Christmas time.
I'm glad to hear that your sons were able to be home for Christmas. Always nice to have them near, at that time.
Happy New Year, to you, and your family, Lamont

SpyRyd
12-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Lamont,

Glad you are feeling better...we missed you! Now that you're back, when are you gonna tell us why you asked how many miles we had on our RT?

Happy New Year...looking forward to great :spyder2: ryding in 2013!

Ivorspyder
12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Glad you are feeling better.Wishing you and your family a Happy&health New Year.

ivor:spyder:

optimus prime
12-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Glad to hear your back. That crud is making life tough for a lot of people even the ones who got the flu shot.

flamingobabe
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for introducing me to Spyderlovers and Spyders....this has changed my life...all for the good....2013 look out ...here we come!!!
hope the bug you got died...and does not come back...stay healthy and have a Great New Year.....grandson and girlfriend are visiting until saturday...then back to Boise for school....

Mr. White
12-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Lamont, glad you are feeling better. Thanks for a great site and your good work. Happy 2013.

:spyder2:

GloryRyders
12-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Glad to hear that you are recovering :yes:.........have a great New Year and see you at Spyderfest!:2thumbs:

Kungfuspyder
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't have talked with all these great spyder owners if it wasn't for your site. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in 2013. Glad to hear that you gotten over the plaque.:thumbup:

bruiser
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I thought you might be on vacation. Man that's a bummer on both counts. Glad you're back Bro.

MrLooney
12-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Although I am new here and you don't know me, You have been a great help to so many people.

I have posted a few things here and hope you can find the time to read some of them.. Look for Murphy's Law and OREGON BOUND posts.

Last but not least Great Friend...

MAY YOUR LIFE, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS have a Marvelous and Prosperous New Year!!

Dan

ARtraveler
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Glad your back. Looking forward to more good stuff in 2013. :2thumbs:

capt.jim
12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Better to end the year with you and the site having the bug than starting the New Year that way, glad your both better. Hope Nathan is doing well also. Spyderlovers=10,000 strong and growing!:clap:

MouthPiece
12-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Glad you're back too. Lookin forward to seein you in Daytona.

Chris

arntufun
12-31-2012, 06:28 AM
that arntufun had such mad hacking skills.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::joke:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

The only hacking skills I have is........... I'm able to spit a lewgy about 15 feet. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

Glad your feeling a little better Lamont , thanks for all the help recently about my phone and Magic Jack. Hope you had a great holiday. :thumbup:

Harley
12-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Glad you are back, Lamont. Have a Happy and Healthy 2013, and thanks for a wonderful site.

Harley and Darlene Kamper (the Happy Kampers)

Bob Denman
12-31-2012, 07:41 AM
The only hacking skills I have is........... I'm able to spit a lewgy about 15 feet.

The boy's got skills; that's for sure! :thumbup: :barf:

Seriously though... Glad to hear that you're making progress on all of the bugs:ani29::ani29::ani29: Your absence was noted! :shocked:

Derk
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM
We're the ones that thank you for Spyderlovers and for being a friend to all of us. Happy New Year to you and your family

pro10is
12-31-2012, 09:32 AM
I know what it's like to try to run multiple web sites and it makes me appreciate you all the more. :firstplace::bowdown::thumbup:

Thank you for everything you've done for us last year, and best wishes to you and your family for 2013!

MickeyFisher
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Hope you're recovered, happy new year!

smurfette
12-31-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! Thank you so much for this board, and all the work you do! Happy New Year!!!

Blue Star
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
The board ran so smooth I did not even notice it. That shows what a great board you run, my lack of computer stuff, or I need to be on more. Most likely all three. Glad you are feeling better, and have a great 2013.

glynnk
12-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Lamont--Thank you for starting and operating this site. It's been very helpful to me as Spyder owner. Hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!

Glynn

Cavman
01-01-2013, 01:08 AM
My Spyder has been a whole lot more fun because of this website and all that you do for it. Thanks!
I think of people I have met out there at events because I found them on this site first.
Stumpy and I both thank you and hope you feel a lot better.

lyonsden
01-01-2013, 03:11 AM

I know how you feel. About 8 years ago I was hosting about 150 websites and went on vacation to do some genealogy down in Arkansas and my server company folded up on me. Email, sites everything was down. BIG Problem! I moved them all to my own dedicated server using the internet from a library. Took about a day and a half to get everything moved but I got it done. When you're self employed it seems like you're never really on vacation. Anyway good luck and have a great New Year Lamont. This site is great and the members too!

Oldmanzues
01-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Just add PLUS 1 to all the above. This site and you have meant a lot to lots of people, including me.
Happy New year to all.
Oldmanzues

owens9fingers
01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Glad you're feeling better, and THANKS for all your hard work! :firstplace: