PDA

View Full Version : NOT GOOD NEWS

sealfloorboards
12-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I just received an order for vinyl floor mats. My supplier informed my his price per roll is going up 25% the 1st of the year. He's trying to find a new supplier. I'm good for the moment but the mat price will go up on my next order. I don't know what that will mean to me as a cost per set price however, I promise you that I will absorb as much as I can and whatever price increase there might be will NOT include any extra profit for me. Hopefully it will only be a couple of dollars. Price increases are the least enjoyable part of being in business but a fact of life. I don't know when this will happen, just depends on how long my current stock holds out, but probably around the 1st. of Feb.

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Bob Denman
12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
John, Thanks for the advance notice! :thumbup:
The way that you take care of your customers; I can't imagine anybody getting upset with you over a couple of bucks...

bruiser
12-28-2012, 03:01 PM
This happens in business. Lot's of companies raise thier rates the first of the year. When suppliers do it the cost normally gets passed on to the consumer as higher costs for the product. Unfortunately small business takes a beating when this happens. I agree with Bob. Quality of product and customer support are worth a few dollars more.

ARtraveler
12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the mfg. price increase. Thank you for the advance warning to your customers.

rnet
12-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I was just notified today that Fed withholding is going from 4.2% to 6.2%, so now everyone will take home less in there paycheck. You know who you can thank.

Bob Denman
12-28-2012, 07:47 PM
This is what happens when often fewer than 50% of the eligible voters actually get up off their butts to vote... :gaah:
From what I saw tonight; they're working on a "short-term" plan to stave off this luncacy...(Read that as they'll talk more when the debt ceiling needs some attention...)

Dizneyman
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
This is what happens when often than fewer than 50% of the eligible voters actually get up off their butts to vote... :gaah:
From what I saw tonight; they're working on a "short-term" plan to stave off this luncacy...(Read that as they'll talk more when the debt ceiling needs some attention...)

Actually one of the largest turnouts since the 60's with estimated well over 50% of population voting.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/presidential-election-voter-statistics/

Bob Denman
12-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Take another look; I didn't say that was the case with this election... ;)

sealfloorboards
12-29-2012, 09:29 AM
This is a simple case of a price increase in materials cost. Seems like everything today goes back to who in government is screwing us. These are contentious times with everyone paying the Blame Game. There is nothing political about this, it's just business, no different than it's been forever! Costs go up, the mfg. tries to absorb what he can and has to pass some along down the line.

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Bob Denman
12-29-2012, 09:43 AM
:opps: Thanks for dragging us back to the original topic of this thread! :thumbup:

Oldmanzues
12-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Actually one of the largest turnouts since the 60's with estimated well over 50% of population voting.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/presidential-election-voter-statistics/

How many legal voters ? One area around here had over 400 voters with only 3 hundred something elgible residents registered.
Sorry about the rant and it is that.
The real gist of this tread is true.
Oldmanzues

MouthPiece
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Thank you for the warning. I think we can expect this to happen more in the future with the amount of dollars that have been placed into the equation. Also the demand for the product components.

I wouldn't blame you one bit for adding an additional 10% for your efforts in providing such a good product. That's what business is about.

Chris

sealfloorboards
12-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the warning. I think we can expect this to happen more in the future with the amount of dollars that have been placed into the equation. Also the demand for the product components.

I wouldn't blame you one bit for adding an additional 10% for your efforts in providing such a good product. That's what business is about.

Chris

I won't be adding any % for my efforts, I just don't want to go backwards. You guys have been good to me and I have no intention of abusing what has been given to me. It all started because bought an "09 RS SE5 and I just wanted to......

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

ARtraveler
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
No political stuff from me today. Like the man said: It is what it is.