PDA

View Full Version : Thermal underwear

Hberninger
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I would appreciate any advice on thermal underwear brands?

paulbrinker
12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
What I started to wear are insulated coveralls. That way, I can take them off when I get to were I am going. Wal-mart has some and they work just fine for me in this Carolina weather.

NancysToy
12-27-2012, 10:02 PM
I like the old Duofold the best, but they are sold under another name now. Look for something medium weight, with a wicking layer beneath and a thermal layer above. Any good sporting goods or outdoor store should have a nice selection.

otter28169
12-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I wear my snowmobile gear to ride when it is very cold. My bibs are "Choko" brand made in Canada and are very warm. They are also easy to remove as the legs can be unzipped from the cuff up to the hip. This feature makes it very easy to get in and out of them with boots on. The only issue that I have is that I have a hard time putting them in the front of my spyder if my helmet is in there (when I go into a building).
Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Chad :D

acinpcola
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Another idea is to go to LL Bean and get their jeans that are flannel lined. Free shipping from LL Bean

AC

ABQAndy
12-27-2012, 11:19 PM
I like LL Bean Fleece lined jeans and chaps with several layers upper.

MrLooney
12-28-2012, 12:12 AM
BajaRon has the best FirstGear around. just be careful of size. make sure the suit is the same as you wear your shirts .....

Hberninger
12-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Bob Denman
12-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Just remember this; "When it comes to warmth, cotton is rotten!" :thumbup:

ulflyer
12-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I like LL Bean Fleece lined jeans and chaps with several layers upper.

I have Wrangler lined jeans and they work fine down in mid-30's here in N.C. I used to use thermals and insulated suits before getting the RT but it puts out enuf heat and deflects the wind better than any 2 wheeler I've had.

Jeans along with Gerbing "liner" which is really a light jacket and Gerbing gloves does a good job, and I'm a really cold natured person.

asp125
12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Under Armor's "cold gear" line. Wicking fabric tends to breathe better and a thin fleece layer keeps the heat in.

DocRags
12-28-2012, 01:35 PM
We've been looking at Gator Skins, but don't have any yet ... need to go look at some in Niceville at a motorcycle shop there.

Marker
12-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Under Armor's "cold gear" line. Wicking fabric tends to breathe better and a thin fleece layer keeps the heat in.

:agree: and then I put on Gortex snowmobile pants and a polar fleece sweater under my Motorcycle jacket and I am nice and warm. I use a thin polar fleece neck warmer to help keep the heat in. I like layering then If I get too warm then I can take a layer off or put a layer on if I get cold. I use Icon touring gloves as they are warm and water resistant too.:thumbup:

groundeffect
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I have always found the liners in the Firstgear and Tourmaster jackets and pants really warm and comfortable for my all-weather ryding. Another suggest I recommend, I use for adventures on water, is NRC full under suit gear.
Hope that helps.

wyliec
12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Columbia 'omni heat'; just received t-shirt and long johns. They worked great snow shoeing in 20 F. degree weather.

Roadkill
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
+I stay warm with silks. Long underwear, long-sleeved undershirt, undergloves, balaclava. I usually get them at Sportsmans Guide before the cold riding season starts and they last me the season. They're good for me because I'm not uncomfortably warm in them at the office (well, except for the gloves and balaclava 8^D), yet they're surprisingly warm at speed under my gear without bulking me up.

Use keyword search "silk underwear" (sounds like a secret code)...
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

Ride on.
Roadkill

Bob Denman
12-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm almost embarassed to tell you what kind of results you get when you type that in on a "Google" search... :roflblack:

Tim,
Have you spoken with Al Welch recently?