PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Ontario driving test

Spidergirl
12-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Has anyone taken their test for Ontario with their se spyder and if so what is it like?:yes:

nhoj
12-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Assuming you do not have any Ontario motorcycle licence you will have to go through the Ontario graduated licencing system.

M1 - valid for 90 days Max. Written exam then a Road test gets you an M2
M2 - valid for a minimum of 18 months (you cannot get the full M licence for at least 18 months). Road Test gets you a M licence.
M - Road Test = Full Licence.

If you take any of the Road Tests on your Spyder you will receive an 'M' endorsement, restricting you to 3-wheels.
Ontario - What's a threewheeled motorcycle (http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/whats-threewheeled-motorcycle)

There are driving restrictions on the M1 & M2 licences.
More information on the MTO site here ..... Ontario - Get a Motorcycle Licence (http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/get-motorcycle-licence)

Pick up the "MTO Motorcycle Handbook" so you can study over the winter. You will also need the "MTO Drivers Handbook" so get one of those too. When you go in to write your M1 test you will have to write a motorcycle exam AND the G1 car exam. Yes that's the same one the 15/16 year olds will be writing for their car driving.

The "M" Road test is the same regardless of a two or three wheel motorcycle.

I would recommend you take a motorcycle course on a supplied two-wheel motorcycle. Most training facilities have them. One evening of in-class and two days of riding on a controlled course. On the second day of riding they test you and you will receive your M2. The information you will receive over those two days will forever help you to be a better/safer rider. Georgian College in Barrie is now offering a Spyder specific course but I have no info on that.

Good luck, you will enjoy your Spyder.
John

Betzygirl
05-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi,

New rider here & am booking my M2 limited test at MTO. Anyone done it and know what is involved in test? Can't do the 2-wheel thing, but love the 3-wheel!
If anyone has done it and give me a heads up, would be appreciated.

Thanks!