PDA

View Full Version : STs arrive at Bradford Marine, Springdale, AR

GaryTheBadger
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Brand new today on the showroom floor, an STS. The model sitting on the STS is Kent, an RT owner and SpyderLovers member.
Here's my impressions on the STS, speaking as a three-year RS owner and having worked for three years on dozens of
Spyders at NWACycleService.com...

Electric brake and RT-like exhaust are nice, rear turn signals on stalks (on STS, due to luggage) are cheesy,
all rear lights are STILL incandescent dammit!, front fenders only have front white portion illuminated,
the long yellow side-facing and rear-facing red are not lit (but TricLED and Custom Dynamics will no doubt fix that),
the shocks appear not to be adjustable, the a-arm plastic covers and front inner wheel covers are nicely done,
battery and iPod jack and 12v jack are all up front behind zippered upholstry (nice) but a helmet is now a very tight fit.
Its also a very tight fit in the rear luggage. The key for the luggage does not match the ignition :( , there's easier access
to battery terminalsfor accessories, no tools needed to remove panel:) , the lowered rear-view mirrors are much nicer
than those half-blocked on the RS, small added air deflectors for legs are nice, left heat now deflected downward.
Seat feels like it has gel built-in, nice. Note the antenna placement in the photo.

At this price-point, REALLY should include fog lights :(

Seating position is great, as are heated grips, non-adjustable front floorboards, cruise, adjustable windshield, etc. as
explained by others elsewhere on SpyderLovers.

Bradford Marine doesn't allow test rides off the lot, so I cannot give my impressions. Really wish I could.
I'll have to go elsewhere. I would not spend $25-large with alot of seat time first.

I have more photos to post but the uploader is not cooperating.

Gary

Spydr in KS
12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
:thumbup: Nice report!

SpyderAnn01
12-23-2012, 01:01 AM
I was all set to agree with you on not spending the money without a test drive then I remembered that I bought my RTS without ever riding it. But I really want to test drive the ST.

Bob Denman
12-23-2012, 09:14 AM
:agree: I never took my RT out for a test-flight either... Bur it all worked out for the best anyway! :thumbup:
I rode the ST Limited last Month... It feels lighter and more maneuverable than the RT. The brakes and the steering are a VAST improvement! You get a touch more wind up around your shoulders than you do on the RTs; that was about the only downside that I experienced.