PDA

View Full Version : Yellow STS ordered!!!

Bryk
12-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Not sure on the arrival date yet, but it is ordered, most of the paperwork done. Got the GPS, adjustable mount, lower wind deflectors, am/fm radio + speakers, ipod integration, heated grips, fog lights. Holding off on hitch and windshield for now (going to see how well the stock shield works) and I don't have a trailer yet.

I think I may end up getting a Sarasota Siesta eventually.

Does anyone know if the GPS links up via bluetooth to the speakers, or how does it work? Does it give directions through the speakers? Does it speak over the music? (Is any extra part needed for it to do that?)

ARtraveler
12-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Very nice choice. That's my favorite color. I would recommend holding off on accessories until you have some good seat time on the STS. With the improvments they have talked about, it may be almost perfect out of the box. :thumbup:

can-am sam
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
The GPS should connect with the bikes radio and the voice guidance will come thru the speakers.

Bob Denman
12-22-2012, 06:57 PM
:clap: You're gonna be so busy doing the "Happy Dance", that you'll need to remember to actually ride the bike also! :ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes::ohyea::ohyea: :2thumbs:

Bryk
12-22-2012, 09:45 PM
:clap: You're gonna be so busy doing the "Happy Dance", that you'll need to remember to actually ride the bike also! :ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes::ohyea::ohyea: :2thumbs:

Well I was thinking of waiting until the Spring, but there wasn't anything to gain by waiting, and there were only so many "I got my ST!!!", that I could take. :)

Thank you can-am sam!

Bob Denman
12-23-2012, 09:10 AM
YOu're gonna have to hook up with Randy (Arntufun); he's got the Capital District roads sorted out and can point you in the right directions. :thumbup:
I'm about a 100 miles or so South** of you; but I'd suggest popping across the border towards Pittsfield and Lee, Ma. for some nice scenery and roads.

** Thruway south to 19; then take 209 South to Napanoch, and then 55West... :thumbup:

Bryk
12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Nice! Yeah, I've been riding for 5 years now, just new to the :spyder2:. I'll have to meet up with you guys sometime.

Bob Denman
12-23-2012, 09:41 AM
We'll be looking forward to it! :thumbup:
Dannymax is just a bit South of you; he's another rider to pull into the mix when a ride breaks out...

Bryk
12-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat? I am just wondering since I need a mounting bracket for my utopia backrest, and they aren't 100% sure which will work (or if they need a new one) for the ST.

In the accessory catalog the "Comfort seat" looks to be the same part for both the RS and ST, but are the stock seats the same?

Thank you!

groundeffect
12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
:thumbup:

Bryk
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Just got a call today, not coming until March. Not a big deal for me I guess.

Bob Denman
01-11-2013, 05:31 PM
:shocked: Well on the bright side; that gives you lots more time for farkle-hunting! :2thumbs:

Bryk
01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
:shocked: Well on the bright side; that gives you lots more time for farkle-hunting! :2thumbs:

I don't know, I think my farkle list is nearly complete. It just has 15-20 things on it. That's all.

I know that's never true for you from what I read around here.

Spydr in KS
01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Just got a call today, not coming until March. Not a big deal for me I guess.

Bummer, there seems to be a yellow STS on lots of dealer floors...

Bryk
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Bummer, there seems to be a yellow STS on lots of dealer floors...

But how many of them are manual? I'm guessing that's the issue.

flamingobabe
01-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat? I am just wondering since I need a mounting bracket for my utopia backrest, and they aren't 100% sure which will work (or if they need a new one) for the ST.

In the accessory catalog the "Comfort seat" looks to be the same part for both the RS and ST, but are the stock seats the same?

Thank you!

I'm not the expert here...but I have been told that the Corbin off my 2009 RS will fit on the ST....I think the seat connects the same...but the new ST seat is different from the 2009 RS stock seat....just my opinion...the new seat is not as sturdy as the 2009 RS stock seat...but others have reported that it is more comfortable...so I really did not answer your question....maybe Lamont can

Spydr in KS
01-12-2013, 09:24 AM
But how many of them are manual? I'm guessing that's the issue.

Ah, good point

Spydr in KS
01-12-2013, 09:29 AM

Thank you!

Don't know if the seat pan is the same, but the seats are not the same. From a post by :amont:

"The Sport Touring seat has been redesigned for both aggressive cornering and long distance travel. The saddle has different foam density in key areas to achieve this. In other words this is not the same foam density through out the seat like most seats."

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?44894-ST-info-and-details&p=523237&viewfull=1#post523237

Bryk
01-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Ah, good point

The bigger issue is that Corbin is now listing their 2013 rally schedule and they are not going to be at Americade. So, now I'm left either installing the Corbin bags and trunk myself, or perhaps having to ride to the Laconia NH rally for the free install.

duneside
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Not sure on the arrival date yet, but it is ordered, most of the paperwork done. Got the GPS, adjustable mount, lower wind deflectors, am/fm radio + speakers, ipod integration, heated grips, fog lights. Holding off on hitch and windshield for now (going to see how well the stock shield works) and I don't have a trailer yet.

Does anyone know if the GPS links up via bluetooth to the speakers, or how does it work? Does it give directions through the speakers? Does it speak over the music? (Is any extra part needed for it to do that?)

Nice, that sounds like the bike I want minus one thing ....... I gots ta have the PITBULL performance edition!!!!nojoke

Bob Denman
01-12-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't know, I think my farkle list is nearly complete. It just has 15-20 things on it. I know that's never true for you from what I read around here.

:shocked: :roflblack: :roflblack:
Farkleosis is a disease for which the only know cures are either bankruptcy, or death at the hands of an enraged spouse! :yikes: :roflblack: :joke:

Your list ewill grow! :thumbup:

wildtexasrangr
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Congrats man, sorry to hear you have to wait till March man. Ill get some miles in for you while you wait.:roflblack: if you go to can-am and down load the owners manual to figure some things out that might help some and answer some of your points. I love my :spyder2:ST LIMITED, not riding a lot here do to the rain . suxs really !! Just wanted to say CONGRATS again :yes:!!!

Bryk
01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Congrats man, sorry to hear you have to wait till March man. Ill get some miles in for you while you wait.:roflblack: if you go to can-am and down load the owners manual to figure some things out that might help some and answer some of your points. I love my :spyder2:ST LIMITED, not riding a lot here do to the rain . suxs really !! Just wanted to say CONGRATS again :yes:!!!

Ride it and enjoy it! The weather today and tomorrow I'd ride in, but I wouldn't want to get salt on it here. I'd ride in the rain :)

Good news, someone may already be interested in my Victory Cross Country Tour, it is a great bike indeed. I spoke with the guy today after the dealer asked if I minded answering a few of his questions. Not at all. It was nice. I loved that bike, but this bike, wow I can't wait. The cold weather does make it somewhat easier to manage.

Bob Denman
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM
March is only about a month and a half away anyway now! :2thumbs:
Do they spray that stuff on the roads up by you, or is it strictly a rock salt diet for the vehicles?? :shocked:

Bryk
01-13-2013, 11:15 AM
March is only about a month and a half away anyway now! :2thumbs:
Do they spray that stuff on the roads up by you, or is it strictly a rock salt diet for the vehicles?? :shocked:

Seems mostly salt. What is the spray stuff? I'm not sure if I have seen a spray done before.

Bob Denman
01-14-2013, 07:56 AM
They've actually got this liquid :cus: that they can put down on the roads in preparation for a storm... It makes just as big a mess, but without the mud!:gaah:

CyncySpyder
01-14-2013, 08:13 AM
1st off :congrats: & :welcome:

Have to admit, we've been avoiding reading most of the posts about ppl getting the new STs, as we don't want to be tempted by something we can't financially afford:( but now that we got most of our mods done on Teds Red Sled & got to take it for a test ryde this past weekend, no worries about that now:clap: We're very happy campers with what we have & can now openly welcome all you soon to be Spyder Addicts. In case no one has clued you in yet, the purchase price of the Spyder is really just the down payment on all the mods your going to make to truly make it yours:chill::yes::banghead: Enjoy the addiction, cause once your bitten, there's no cure nor 12 step program :doorag:

Bob Denman
01-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Dave,
That's a good point! Some of us have invested so heavily in "perfecting" our Already-Perfect Spyders, that trading them off would be like parting with a very dear friend... :shocked:
I really like the 2013s. I know that the improvements are real; but I just can't pull the trigger!:gaah:

Bryk
01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
1st off :congrats: & :welcome:

Have to admit, we've been avoiding reading most of the posts about ppl getting the new STs, as we don't want to be tempted by something we can't financially afford:( but now that we got most of our mods done on Teds Red Sled & got to take it for a test ryde this past weekend, no worries about that now:clap: We're very happy campers with what we have & can now openly welcome all you soon to be Spyder Addicts. In case no one has clued you in yet, the purchase price of the Spyder is really just the down payment on all the mods your going to make to truly make it yours:chill::yes::banghead: Enjoy the addiction, cause once your bitten, there's no cure nor 12 step program :doorag:

Dave,

That "canopy" you have over Ted is insane!!! Is that just for sun or? Does it keep him dry in the rain?

Yeah, also how do you like your camper setup? Have you seen a Sarasota Siesta? http://www.sarasotatrailers.com/uploads/Siesta%20Full%20Page(2).pdf

What do you think? I am thinking about eventually getting one of those (in 1-2 years) Do you think the Spyder is stabil and strong enough to tow it? I would probably have to get them to paint it yellow to match my Spyder. :yes:

Bryk
03-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Got the VIN!!! It's being shipped to dealer!!!

They expect it in early next week the latest. Hopefully they can add my mods and maybe I can be lucky and pick it up next weekend???

weapon
03-14-2013, 07:44 AM
:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 07:54 AM
GREAT news!! :ohyea::yes:
So what's on your "Farkle List" so far? ;)

Bryk
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
GREAT news!! :ohyea::yes:
So what's on your "Farkle List" so far? ;)

Dealer is installing on my Yellow STS Manual :

Fog lights, AM / FM Integrated Radio, iPod integration cable, GPS Nav with adjustable bracket, lower wind deflectors in clear, front cargo power outlet kit (if I remember correctly that I asked for it), heated driver grips.

I plan on ordering soon: belt guard(dealer stated they've had no one with any belt issues yet???), skid plate(is it necessary?), NBV mount with some black kury pegs probably.

I'm hoping Corbin gets the bags and trunk ready soon for someone as I'm hoping they are ready for Laconia. As I am going to call them once I take ownership and see where they are with it. I'd prefer if they install the bags and trunk at Laconia while I am there.

Other than that I have a Utopia backrest(from my Victory that I want to use) already, unfortunately Bob doesn't know which bracket (RS may or may not work) will work for the ST and needs someone's seat.

Also If the stock windshield doesn't work then I'll order a CalSci wide ST shield in Large.

If the Stock seat doesn't work for me I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm torn between the corbin and ultimate. Leaning towards the ultimate. However the Stock Victory seat worked for me, so this one might as well. I do wish it had a fuel door though in the seat.

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I think that BRP also offers a larger windshield as well...
Can't wait to see some pictures of it! :thumbup:

Bryk
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I think that BRP also offers a larger windshield as well...
Can't wait to see some pictures of it! :thumbup:

Edited above post, I meant CalSci.

Until I get a CalSci that doesn't work as they do, I'll stand by their products.

Too much worrying about the Corbin bags and trunk on my mind.

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I know that there have been a couple of skirmishes in here over CalSci's windshields... :shocked:
I kind of like them; but since I also like BRP's offerings, I'll "dance with the girl that I brought to the party!" ;)

Spydr in KS
03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Other than that I have a Utopia backrest(from my Victory that I want to use) already, unfortunately Bob doesn't know which bracket (RS may or may not work) will work for the ST and needs someone's seat.

Bob has my STS seat now

Bryk
03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Bob has my STS seat now

Excellent!

Well my bike was put together last night, and I went in and got all the paperwork done. They are doing the pre inspection and I am going back shortly to drive it home!!!!

Woo hoo!!!

They don't have all the accessories in yet so they will put them on when I bring it in for the first service.

Bryk
03-16-2013, 08:49 PM
First pics

mjw930
03-16-2013, 09:52 PM

Thank you!

I'm not the expert here...but I have been told that the Corbin off my 2009 RS will fit on the ST....I think the seat connects the same...but the new ST seat is different from the 2009 RS stock seat....just my opinion...the new seat is not as sturdy as the 2009 RS stock seat...but others have reported that it is more comfortable...so I really did not answer your question....maybe Lamont can

The seat pan is the same so any aftermarket seat for a GS/RS should fit the ST without a problem. It's the seat pan that determines whether it fits, not the contour, foam or cover on the top.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/631089/219400416/_/Comfort_Seat

Note the following:

DESCRIPTION
Spyder RS, ST 2013 and prior

Des @ Ultimate confirmed it and I have taken a good look at the seat and it's the same. I'll have a picture of the Ultimate off our GS installed on an ST-S next weekend :)

SporterSpider
03-16-2013, 10:47 PM
:congrats:on your new STS. With all the farkles that you will have on your bike this will give you a reason to ride farther. But remember, if the LD(long distance) bug bites you there is no cure (I know). Never knew I would be riding as far as I do. Hope to meet you at one of BRP functions some day. Have a great one! Ride Safe & Long!

PW2013STL
03-17-2013, 07:51 AM
We love that color:2thumbs:

For us we wanted a Limited and sadly they are not offered in yellow. We pick ours up yesterday and while waiting to do the paperwork we were looking at the yellow one on the showroom floor and my wife said "I still like the yellow color the best"

Congrats on yours:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
03-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Lookin' GREAT!! :2thumbs: :clap:
Isn't fun to be sporting a smile that large again? :thumbup:

Bryk
03-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Yes, it is.

I just noticed that Cal Sci isn't listing the extra wide version anymore on the ST page. I just sent an email. I was really hoping for an extra wide large. :sour:

Bryk
03-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes, it is.

I just noticed that Cal Sci isn't listing the extra wide version anymore on the ST page. I just sent an email. I was really hoping for an extra wide large. :sour:

They responded and thanked me for informing them. Their site had an issue, I'm guessing it was using an old (2012) version of the ST page.

Their ST page is back to normal now.

Netminder
03-19-2013, 05:29 PM

I have my GPS paired with my sena headset. Congrats on the new ride!:ohyea: