PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Spyder RS and RT front shocks

blambert
12-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Folks,

Can you please tell me the difference between the Spyder RS and RT front shocks. I have a 2011 Spyder RS and Im told that I should put on the RT shocks because they are better. I have the RS standard shocks with BajaRon Antisway bar.

Thanks

Lambo

napper39
12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
the rt shocks are much moore hevey duty to take care of the weight of the rt,so they would be moore solid ride if you like kiking as on the cruves youd love them,if not you might not like them.:chat:

coz
12-20-2012, 08:23 PM
the up side is better handling and stability at a low cost.
the downside is a rough ride.
are your stock shocks set on 5 ? if not , try that first. it can make a big improvement , and cost nothing.

NancysToy
12-20-2012, 09:32 PM
The RT shocks have a heavier spring rate and stronger damping. I prefer the somewhat softer damping of the 2010 RT shocks on an RS, but many like the later ones. Before you do anything, experiment with what you have. You don't need someone to tell you you need more suspension, you will know. If your front preload is all the way up, and you still aren't satisfied, you can move up to 2010 RT shocks, 2011/2012 RT, Fox, or Elkas (and others)...in that order. There is a lot of room for adjustment and changes to suit your needs.

Sarge707
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Folks,

Can you please tell me the difference between the Spyder RS and RT front shocks. I have a 2011 Spyder RS and Im told that I should put on the RT shocks because they are better. I have the RS standard shocks with BajaRon Antisway bar.

Thanks

Lambo

I recently put My Elka,s on my RT (From the RS) and put the New 2012 RT shocks on my RS (With My Evo Sway Bar) and I like the RS better with the RT shocks (#5) and sway bar than I did with the Elka,s and sway bar? :yikes:nojoke

Bob Denman
12-25-2012, 04:37 PM
:agree: Twist your RS shocks up to "5" and see if that's stout-enough for you. If it isn't; keep an eyeball open for a set of RT shocks for sale. They show up in here pretty often... :thumbup: