PDA

View Full Version : Where will Spyderfest be held.

Ivorspyder
12-18-2012, 06:29 PM
It is confirmed Missouri,but where?Post after post asking where and answers wait & see now in Jan.Exactly what I would do keep em guessing great publicity.
I have never been to a Spyderfest but will be attending in 2013.I have ridden through there twice and certainly remember the town and Rocking Chair.Great riding roads there.
I have never met Len,the folks from Cowtown and the MoGang but from all I have seen and read have a great admiration for them and am really looking forward to Spyderfest.
In my opinion Cuba will be the venue with Rolla MO being the back up town for hotels.20 miles and 20 minutes away.Perhaps an event or two in Rolla but Cuba the Mainstay.All hotels are already booked up in Cuba but plenty available in Rolla. Accomodation not a problem.
I am not sure of the numbers but if I said 1000 Spyders say 2500 people in attendance I don't think I would be far out.Cuba's population approx 3400.Sturgis population 6600 attendance 600,000 people.Lake George population 3500 Americade attendance 100,000 people.
Why on earth when you have a successful thing would you move it.
Let the guessing begin.:dontknow::clap:This is fun.:yes:When they are ready in January they will tell all but in the meantime keep the speculation coming.:roflblack::2excited::2thumbs:

Ivor:spyder:

Kungfuspyder
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I am looking forward to this just as much as you are. I myself have not been to one, only heard, watched the videos. They did give us a time frame for the announcement, I look for it to be in January. But I will put my guess in, "Branson".

Big Arm
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I, and several hundred others, made our reservations in Cuba 8 mos. ago. I'm sticking with Cuba. :yes:

kevorama
12-18-2012, 09:29 PM
We're not trying to be aloof. An announcement will be forthcoming very soon. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that has to be tied up before we can give any info. Such as, special rates on hotels and camping in the general area for SF 2013 attendees. I know that everyone is going crazy with not knowing where it is. Welcome to our world, LOL. We try to make this the absolute, best Spyder event in the country. Now that it's gotten so large, it takes a little more time and work to put it on.

The best that I can say is to make sure that you have those dates for SF 2013 off of work. Stay tuned and Merry Christmas!

G-Man
12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Cuba would be the preferred venue in my opinion. Small town atmosphere. History. Great roads. And very little traffic to compete with. The people are great, everywhere you go.

Don't let the fact that all the hotels in Cuba are booked fool you into believing SpyderFest 2013 will be held there though. Most people in attendance at SpyderFest 2012 reserved their rooms last year before leaving Cuba, anticipating it would remain there.

We'll just have to wait and see what's in store for us next year. Things have been getting bigger, if not better, since the first SpyderFest in 2010.

While you're waiting for the 2013 location, read up on the history of Spyderfest, and how it all began here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?17547-MISSOURI-RENDEZVOUS

Check the follow on years and posts to find out why everyone is so excited!!

Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Most certainly looking forward to seeing old ones.

Let the good times roll!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Wherever it is!!!!! :doorag:

BumbleBee
12-18-2012, 10:36 PM
We need a location for a Hotel with pool, BBQ pit, and hot dogs,,,,,,,:ohyea: :ohyea: :ohyea:

How many of you remember these events associated with pool and hot dogs? :roflblack:

Mo Lee
12-19-2012, 04:46 AM
We need a location for a Hotel with pool, BBQ pit, and hot dogs,,,,,,,:ohyea: :ohyea: :ohyea:

How many of you remember these events associated with pool and hot dogs? :roflblack:
I remember an event in the Smokies with hot dogs.

Lamonster
12-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Spyderfest, the Owners Event and my BBQ are the only three Spyder events I know for sure I'll be at, I only know where one will be next year but that's not stopping me from making plans. It's about the people not the location. :doorag:

G-Man
12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Exactly!! Wherever it is ... let the fun begin!! :doorag:

Trickie Dick
12-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Yeah, but keep Yaz away from the hotdogs. :yikes:

Yazz
12-19-2012, 12:01 PM

:dontknow: :roflblack: :dontknow:

Exactly!! Wherever it is ... let the fun begin!! :doorag:

:yes::yes::yes:

Yeah, but keep Yaz away from the hotdogs. :yikes:

I'm a diabetic and can't eat the hot dog buns, so.... :bbq:

Yazz
12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I remember an event in the Smokies with hot dogs.
RTGene brought that BBQ all the way down from MO. It made for good fun with good friends. :bbq:

bmwlarry
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I have never been to Spyderfest and this year will be my first. My vote is Branson. With all the delay, procrastinators will probably have a very difficult time finding accommodations for the event with all of them trying to make reservations the same day! Branson has a huge inventory of accommodations and available options!
Just my view!

MouthPiece
12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
There's always my back yard.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Chris

Dudley
12-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Holding SpyderFest in any place but Cuba, MO would be like holding Sturgis Week in any place but Sturgis. SpyderFest is a Cowtown, Cuba, MO original and should stay that way. If lack of fancy accommodations is an issue then maybe SpyderFest is not for you.

Ivorspyder
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
:agree: Exactly

Ivor:spyder:

flamingobabe
12-19-2012, 04:07 PM
There's always my back yard.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Chris

What's the address?

SpyderSteve
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
:dontknow: :roflblack: :dontknow:

:yes::yes::yes:

I'm a diabetic and can't eat the hot dog buns, so.... :bbq:
:2thumbs:

JJW SpyderRider
12-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I would love Branson for the roads and hotel choices but... We would lose the famous Cowtown service center! I always stay in Rolla. The drive is not bad and the Mogang keep us so busy I never need or have time to go to the hotel anyway.

murphybrown
12-19-2012, 10:39 PM
As Lamont said "the people". Awesome they are. Yea that Cowtown/Len controlled customer service is gold star.. Oh and the rydes, pie run, prizes fun and meet/greet. The best!!!:thumbup:

SpyRyd
12-20-2012, 03:56 AM
I would love Branson for the roads and hotel choices but... We would lose the famous Cowtown service center! I always stay in Rolla. The drive is not bad and the Mogang keep us so busy I never need or have time to go to the hotel anyway.

Anyone ever stayed in St James during Spyderfest? I have reservations at the Days Inn in St James but having never been to Spyderfest I know nothing about this hotel or St James. Past Spyderfest attendees...anxiously awaiting your feedback. Thanks

GloryRyders
12-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Anyone ever stayed in St James during Spyderfest? I have reservations at the Days Inn in St James but having never been to Spyderfest I know nothing about this hotel or St James. Past Spyderfest attendees...anxiously awaiting your feedback. Thanks

Last year the Days Inn in St. James was book full with Spyderfest attendees and most said that really were well treated :2thumbs:. I'm sure someone who stayed there will chime in!

wolfee
12-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Yes the Days Inn in St James was great. The staff even put wipe down rags on the bike each morning for us. I have reservations there for Spyderfest 2013 already.

Bill

SpyRyd
12-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes the Days Inn in St James was great. The staff even put wipe down rags on the bike each morning for us. I have reservations there for Spyderfest 2013 already.

Bill

That's great news. They still had rooms available earlier this week when I made my reservations. Looking forward to Spyderfest 2013...hope the MoGang decides to keep Spyderfest in Cuba.

G-Man
12-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Spyderfest, the Owners Event and my BBQ are the only three Spyder events I know for sure I'll be at, I only know where one will be next year but that's not stopping me from making plans. It's about the people not the location. :doorag:

I think I know the location of one of those events as well :shocked:

It's always about the people. And the Spyder community has some of the greatest folks I know.:doorag:

Let the fun begin!!
http://youtu.be/4LVGhYL-rxA :clap:

Utah Geezer
12-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Read a lot about Spyderfest 2013 and locations. Cuba sounds fun and I love traditions. Hit Sturgis for the first time this year. Two day drive to get there but worth every mile and minute. Its on my yearly event list now. Would love to do the same with Cuba. I plan on attending but I haven't read anything on the dates of the event yet. Is there any iteniary yet? Help me out so I can get my vacation scheduled. It will be a three day ride to Cuba but I'm looking forward to it. Date Please.

Trickie Dick
12-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Read a lot about Spyderfest 2013 and locations. Cuba sounds fun and I love traditions. Hit Sturgis for the first time this year. Two day drive to get there but worth every mile and minute. Its on my yearly event list now. Would love to do the same with Cuba. I plan on attending but I haven't read anything on the dates of the event yet. Is there any iteniary yet? Help me out so I can get my vacation scheduled. It will be a three day ride to Cuba but I'm looking forward to it. Date Please.

The dates are set. 4/24-4/27. This has been noted in several place here on SL. It;s the location that is currently up in the air. But you will be safe in scheduling your vacation based on those dates.

Utah Geezer
12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
The dates are set. 4/24-4/27. This has been noted in several place here on SL. It;s the location that is currently up in the air. But you will be safe in scheduling your vacation based on those dates.

If I can only be there for two of the four days, which two days would be best? First two, middle two, or last two???

spyderdan
12-23-2012, 12:42 AM
I have never been to Spyderfest and this year will be my first. My vote is Branson. With all the delay, procrastinators will probably have a very difficult time finding accommodations for the event with all of them trying to make reservations the same day! Branson has a huge inventory of accommodations and available options!
Just my view!
I am with you on Branson! Always wanted to go there and to Spyderfest! What a great way to experience them both at the same time!!!

flybuddy
12-23-2012, 09:19 AM

Guess we can show up in Cuba on 4/24 and ask where to go.

SpyderLady
12-23-2012, 02:28 PM
If I can only be there for two of the four days, which two days would be best? First two, middle two, or last two???

Tough decision as there are things going on each day and evening. I would suggest waiting until agenda by day is out and then decide.

Blue Star
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM

I would choose these two: 4/24 and 4/27.

rhansen309
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Last year the Days Inn in St. James was book full with Spyderfest attendees and most said that really were well treated :2thumbs:. I'm sure someone who stayed there will chime in!

We were there last year and they did treat us good. In the morning they gave us towels to dry of the bikes. Nice place. We are waiting to find the location for this year before we make reservations.

Desert Spyder
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I was at the Days Inn and never saw a towel. It was a nice place. My wife said the rooms smelled kinda musty but I think that was from whatever was in the bottle of room spray. The management was really good even though I had some problems checking in, but it was ironed out ok. Computer problems. The folks around Cuba are just great. Would we get that same atmosphere anywhere else? Do you think the motels in Branson would allow Spyders in the lobby so repairs could be done out of the rain? And Friday Nite Lites at the drive in blew me away!

Cavman
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I have reservations at the Ladybug Campground. If the location moves far away, so can my reservations.

Trickie Dick
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Guess we can show up in Cuba on 4/24 and ask where to go.

Oh, you'll know:ohyea:

Kungfuspyder
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
I am looking forward to meeting everyone that I chat with on Spyderlovers at Spyderfest. Putting faces on names and logos. It won't be hard to get adjusted, I feel like I already know more than half of yall. In fact just this Saturday while getting my alignment done on my RT I had someone who has been reading my posts came over to meet me. Another spyder owner. He has a 2011 RT/LTD. He is a guest on spyderlovers, he needs to get logged in and get to know everyone. I took a picture of our RT's side by side. See you at Spyderfest 2013.59072