PDA

View Full Version : need help - new Face for the ST

chris56
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I have seen the ST the first time some weeks ago - but I´m still not happy with the frontfew - she looks a little unhappy and the cockpit does nor really fit on the RS body ..

so lets start with some ideas - maybe some of you could help with their computers ( this one is handmade ..)

weapon
12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Is this happy enough? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Oh, you mean for the Spyder! I was wondering what's wrong with your current face?

Bob Denman
12-12-2012, 08:12 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

spydermyke990
01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
next thing you know we'll see "tow mater" versions coming out of the woodwork.roflmao

ARtraveler
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I was wondering what's wrong with your current face?

My Missus has a list that's about as long as your arm... :opps: :roflblack:

chris56
01-10-2013, 03:55 AM
there are now new windshields (really fast !).. maybe that helps a little http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/SpyderSTprod.html

wildtexasrangr
01-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Looking at the
Spyder ST Extra Wide Touring Shield , is that a hole at the bottom middle or Am I seeing things?? Needs a vent cover over if it is.

Spydr in KS
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Looking at the
Spyder ST Extra Wide Touring Shield , is that a hole at the bottom middle or Am I seeing things?? Needs a vent cover over if it is.

I think they vent it to relive back pressure from the larger shield

I'd like to see pictures of the BRP larger sheild. The drawing in the accessory catalog is not very helpful

Sat on an ST-S yesterday...sweet!

Bryk
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I think they vent it to relive back pressure from the larger shield

I'd like to see pictures of the BRP larger sheild. The drawing in the accessory catalog is not very helpful

Sat on an ST-S yesterday...sweet!

This (above), the vents purpose is to prevent the forward pressure that occurs on the back of ones' helmet and back.

So if you cover it(or close it) then you will get this pressure and defeat the entire purpose of the shield. Which is protect your body from turbulent air flow.

The air that flows through the vent hole is relatively negligible.

I've purchased a windshield from them before for my old Ninja 650R and was very pleased with it. They aren't in it for what looks nice, they are in it to sell a product that actually functions as desired.