PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake not releasing

Mexican
12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello guys and girls!
Yesterday i went to the garage and tried to get the spyder ready for the toy run, as usual i pushed the parking brake down with my foot expecting to hear the usual click, click, click of the pedal returning to the off position, nothing happened, i tried again, and again, left foot, right foot, hand, nothing:mad: Finally i reached down and saw how it works, i used a flat screw driver to push the theet down so i could push the pedal up, my wife rode it to the toy run with no problems, i told her to stay off the brake when parking since i forgot to take the screwdriver with me:opps:,,, how do i fix that? what broke? did i lose a spring somewhere>?
Thanks in advance for your help!:)

Freddy
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
A liberal spray with WD40 or similar should fix it.

Mexican
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
A liberal spray with WD40 or similar should fix it.
Ok, will try that and see what happens:)

Freddy
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
The other thing to check is that the edge of the pedal does not get caught under the plastic guard. This can sometimes happen if the park brake is going to about the limit of it's travel as when adjustment is needed.

Ken Thomas
12-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Let us know what worked ??

BajaRon
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
It may be going too far down. You might want to adjust the cable at the rear pad.

You want 2~3 clicks after adjustment. That way you'll have some time before you need to adjust again.