PDA

View Full Version : best christmas present you got last year and the best one your giving this year.

SethO
12-09-2012, 05:58 AM
I know that christmas gets blow way over board when it comes to buying stuff and coming from a family of 12 it was crazy how much was there but compared to my buddies it seemed to blow what I got but it makes you appropriate what ya got.

I don't usually expect to get anything but of all people a guy at work we will call dale cause he is quite the tool sometimes when i dispatch with him but he got me a RC spyder that gets the crap used out of it by kids that come to my house.

The best present ( I hope this year) is to my GF's parents but seeing they are on here I will have to tell everyone after xmas, but second to that with my 12 crazies we pick names and practical stuff so I got my super crazy older sister a broiler (a steal on amazon) and patrick swayze collection movie set(which settles a argument from thanksgiving)

Bob Denman
12-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I got the Missus and IPad this year... Not the latest and greatest because she'll use it mostly to take notes at the dozen or so meetings that she attends each month. She'll also use it to organize her recipes... and Shop online... :shocked:
Me... I ain't gettin' nuthin'... ;)

Paula(Butch2025)
12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Oooo, can't wait for Christmas now!!!!

Best recent gifts a great photo collage of our family all framed up beautifully, a plate that says, "Away" underneath a squirrel (I hate squirrels) and a heated vest to keep me warm while riding my Spyder!

Best giving, like Seth I can't say because one of my giftees in on here! Another one is for our grand-daughter, she wanted a jewelry box so I clean up her great-grandma's jewelry box to give to her this year!

Blue Star
12-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I am giving my oldest daughter (22 years old) a doll, but not just any doll. It is a custom made doll that looks, weights, and acts just like a real baby. The only difference is she did not want the computers stuff (crying, feeding, changing part) included, as she gets enough of that where she works (she is a nanny). I tell you, my daughter wants a kid so bad it hurts :roflblack: My youngest I am just going to send money as it is easier with her in New York, but I am sure she would like a plane ticket to California. For my wife I have no clue what to get her because when she (or I) want something we just get it.

bruiser
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Can't remember last year. Wife just got her new laptop. Her CD is finished and now out. So I don't know what else to get her. Me, I don't really want anything except for my family to be happy. What do you buy for a grouchy old #%^8^0* anyway?

coz
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
my beautiful red headed daughter was born on Christmas day, 1987.nojoke :thumbup:

grumpybob
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Can't remember last year. Wife just got her new laptop. Her CD is finished and now out. So I don't know what else to get her. Me, I don't really want anything except for my family to be happy. What do you buy for a grouchy old #%^8^0* anyway?

Happy Pills!! :roflblack: :roflblack:

I would like a set of 4 season tracks for my Polaris Ranger. Nan gives me a dirty look and walks away everytime I mention them. Guess I'm getting her a lump of coal.

Netminder
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Best present last year, my health. Best one giving this year, my wife and I are giving ourselves a cruise in February! No kids, so we tend to spoil ourselves when we can. ;)

ARtraveler
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Akspyderlady is considering her new Spyder and our pending trip to Vegas to be a gift that covers Christmas as well as a few other gift giving occasions.

NancysToy
12-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm more into giving than getting, so we'll skip Christmases past, but Nancy and I bought each other 11.5 acres of beautiful, wooded land with a stream for this year's best gift.

NancysToy
12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Congrats.
How many pole buildings can you set on that?
Two (detached).....deed restrictions. No size limit!

Bob Denman
12-10-2012, 08:09 AM
That means that you can build each one of them to cover 5 and three-quarters of an acre; right? :thumbup:
(no size restrictions!)
I wonder how long it'll take you to fill THEM up? :shocked:

ARtraveler
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I like the land gift Scotty. Way to go. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Bob Denman
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I wonder if he's got any ATVs in his stable? He's gonna need something to churn that ground up! :2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I wonder if he's got any ATVs in his stable? He's gonna need something to churn that ground up! :2thumbs:
No ATVs. I have never even ridden one, except for a Honda ATC 90 the day our dealership first got one. I don't think one would make it across the ravine and steep stream banks, anyway. :D

Bob Denman
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
If you've got a ravine and some interesting stream banks; bring 'em on! :2thumbs:
I speak and spit mud fluently!