PDA

View Full Version : Kewl Metal Air Intake versus K & N Air filter

blambert
12-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Folks,

I have a 2011 RS Spyder and thinking about Kewl metal air intake and filter (for performance reasons) - a little pricy at $250. Is installing just the K & N air filter on the stock air intake just as good as the performance as having the Kewl metal air intake setup? I also have the Hindle exhaust and Power commande on the bike.

Lambo

MikeinGA
12-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Folks,

I have a 2011 RS Spyder and thinking about Kewl metal air intake and filter (for performance reasons) - a little pricy at $250. Is installing just the K & N air filter on the stock air intake just as good as the performance as having the Kewl metal air intake setup? I also have the Hindle exhaust and Power commande on the bike.

Lambo

Lambo,
A K&N filter won't void your warrarty and I paid $35.63 at Amazon.com with free shpping and will last for a long long time.

Mike

Ga Blue Knight
12-09-2012, 06:38 AM
The only difference that I have heard about (no direct knowledge, just stories) is that you get better airflow around the engine with the Kewmetal intake which helps very slightly to cool the engine compartment. I have used the K&N in all my bikes since they became available and it is the best bang for the buck out there, won't void any warrentees, and easy to "clean and recharge" when needed. That is if you can figure out how to get all of the Tupperware off to get to it!