PDA

View Full Version : statins and cholesterol and NRT

wyliec
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
For those that are on statins and haven't had any side effects, you probably aren't interested in Nutritional Response Testing (NRT). I was on statins for over 15 years and had a few side effects and decided to get off the drug and informed my primary care physician; he was on board with it. After 5 months starting with NRT (with a certified nutritionist) I feel much better. I recently had blood work done at my primary care and although my 'total' and 'bad cholesterol' have gone up (as expected), the other cholesterol readings are fine. My doctor then checked my inflammation level with blood work and that test came back fine.

This post is not meant to tell someone that statins are bad or that NRT works for everyone. It's just an option to look in to. If interested, just google 'nutrition response testing.'

One more thing, NRT is for way more then why I originally went to see the nutritionist.

Now if I could just find something to grow hair.:joke:

Bob Denman
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Wylie,
Glad to hear that you found an option that is working well for you! :thumbup:
What is this NRT? Is it a dietary deal? Supplements?

grumpybob
12-07-2012, 12:09 PM
For those that are on statins and haven't had any side effects, you probably aren't interested in Nutritional Response Testing (NRT). I was on statins for over 15 years and had a few side effects and decided to get off the drug and informed my primary care physician; he was on board with it. After 5 months starting with NRT (with a certified nutritionist) I feel much better. I recently had blood work done at my primary care and although my 'total' and 'bad cholesterol' have gone up (as expected), the other cholesterol readings are fine. My doctor then checked my inflammation level with blood work and that test came back fine.

This post is not meant to tell someone that statins are bad or that NRT works for everyone. It's just an option to look in to. If interested, just google 'nutrition response testing.'

One more thing, NRT is for way more then why I originally went to see the nutritionist.

Now if I could just find something to grow hair.:joke:

I never take drugs until I exhaust natural remedies. went from 237 down to 189 eating nuts cinnamon, and watching my diet. Got rid of Acid Reflux instead of taking the purple pills.

There is a Chinese herb that will help grow hair back and also get hair color back. Forget exactly what it is, something like 'he shou wo' will try to google it later.

wyliec
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
I never take drugs until I exhaust natural remedies. :thumbup:

Although weight was not an issue for me, I dropped from 179# to 168# going the NRT way.

wyliec
12-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Wylie,
Glad to hear that you found an option that is working well for you! :thumbup:
What is this NRT? Is it a dietary deal? Supplements?

It's both dietary and supplements.

The means to determine what you may have food sensitivities to may seem like hocu pocus to some.

Bob Denman
12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I only seem sensitive to NOT having food... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif That's why I was able beat anexoria! :2thumbs: (Kicked it's butt, actually!)

grumpybob
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
:thumbup:

Although weight was not an issue for me, I dropped from 179# to 168# going the NRT way.

Should have said it better. 237 to 189 was my cholestrol level drop.

Sarge707
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
http://youtu.be/DtiEuBpWZuE

This is a Great Simple explanation of the Ever Important cholesterol ratio for those needing more info!

jerpinoy
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
After my gallbladder was removed 3 weeks ago, I now avoid salted food, fried food and fatty foods. I eat more fruit, veggies, selected nuts,flux seeds. For growing hair:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: but for now join the club "bold is beautiful":yes::yes::yes:

wyliec
12-07-2012, 06:58 PM
http://youtu.be/DtiEuBpWZuE

This is a Great Simple explanation of the Ever Important cholesterol ratio for those needing more info!

I have a 4:1 ratio. If you listen to that slide presentation it also mentions inflammation. I had a separate blood test done for inflammation and the results were near the bottom of the scale, the lesser end of inflammation. The ratio and the inflammation should correlate and in my case they don't. So, is the ratio a better way to go or is the inflammation more accurate?

I've read where the various cholesterol numbers were determined by the pharmaceutical companies that sell statins.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
12-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Of course! They sell the chemicals, so they want to make sure that whatever limit that's in the body will jive with what they want their sales forecast to like the most! :gaah: