PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted solicitation could get you booted off this site!

Lamonster
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm not going to call anyone out but it has come to my attention that one of our female members here has been getting unwanted solicitations from a male member by PM's or emails. I'll tell you right now that this is not acceptable behavior and if you ever want to view this board again you better stop now. This is a work safe and family friendly board and nobody should ever feel threatened or harassed in any way on this site, especially the ladies. Enough said.

nojoke

FaranH
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Even though I haven't been on the receiving end of that kind of behavior on SL, I just want to thank you from all us ladies.:clap: There are some user boards I don't even want to read, much less participate in, because of the raunchy behavior of some of the members.

Thanks for keeping this site clean and safe, Lamont. My girls can read your site over my shoulder and I don't worry about having to shoo them away! nojoke

thehawk
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for keeping it "work safe and family-friendly"!

This board is a class act… And so are you!

thehawk

Bob Denman
12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
This isn't 3:00am at the local watering hole...
Thanks for the reminder! :thumbup:

Dragonrider
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Lamont;

It's an unbelievable shame that it had to come to this.

harrypottar
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Lamont;

It's an unbelievable shame that it had to come to this.

:agree:, keep in friendly guys,

Harry

asp125
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/whats-the-difference-between-forever-alone-and-a-calendar.jpg

Pincushion
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Lamont,
The "One Big Spyder Family" feel of this board is what makes me love it so much, thank you for making sure this site stays that way. No one should ever feel uncomfortable here.
I have meet so many wonderful people as a result of my Spyder ownership and this board is one of the ways we all stay connected.

-George

grumpybob
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for keeping it "work safe and family-friendly"!

This board is a class act… And so are you!

thehawk

:agree: !! The world we live in today needs to cleaned up period.

billpowell
12-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Your a kind person Lamont, giving the jerk a warning was very nice of you, I sure wouldn't have!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cus::mad::wrong:

Kungfuspyder
12-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I agree with Lamont, most of us are adults here, treat a lady with respect, this is not a bar room blog, keep your posts and thoughts clean on here.

bullant12
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Your a kind person Lamont, giving the jerk a warning was very nice of you, I sure wouldn't have!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cus::mad::wrong:

Oh, I'm sure Lamont gave the jerk a "personal" warning as well...:chill: We're all human (although sometimes I wonder...:sour:).

CSW61
12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Thank you Lamont, my 6 year old Grand Daughter uses my laptop when she is here and I normally have SL up and i would hate to think I would have to keep it closed when she is around.

:congrats:

MarkLawson
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks Lamont!

jerpinoy
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
:agree::agree: Lamont thank you in keeping us together and not let one jerk ruin our family and friends.

mooneych
12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Harrumpff, I guess I'll have to take my predatory practices somewhere else! :banghead::mad:

I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm sure someone perceived they were accosted, and Lamont had to lay down 'da law. Well done, if that was what happened.

Now let's get back to our regularly scheduled program...

SpyderLady
12-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Lamont, Thank you so much for watching after all of, especially the women. There are many of us who are unattached, but even for those attached the behavior referred to is just NOT appropriate. You are the MAN:clap::clap:

Bob Denman
12-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Harrumpff, I guess I'll have to take my predatory practices somewhere else! :banghead::mad: ;)

:shocked: Uh-oh...
I've got to admit that it's been pretty easy NOT trying to find anything funny about this... :gaah:

ARtraveler
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Good Advice. There are plenty of other sites for that kind of stuff and it really does not belong here. Thanks Lamont :2thumbs:

Deanna777
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
:agree: !! The world we live in today needs to cleaned up period. I do agree with you, on the world needs to be cleaned up. Happy Holidays..... Deanna777:ohyea::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Brew crew
12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
As a GOS, when I had heard about this, it bothered me. I absolutely appreciate SL forum so much - the education and support I/we have received here is more than I can say! :clap: It is a great place to get information, support, farckle resources, etc that I would hate to not be able to visit it!

Will tell you, we all had confidence that you would not let this happen on your board and appreciate your handling it. :ohyea:

Michele

Yazz
12-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I've been on this board for a while now, and have always been treated with respect.

SpyderLovers is more than just a forum. We are family.

Hope the Lady feels our love going out to her...

Dudley
12-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Lamont, your post was honest and very to-the-point. Some of the posts on this thread are trying to be funny, yet I find no humor in them. Unwanted solicitations are a serious matter.

lyonsden
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Lamont :2thumbs:. Totally agree!!

MLavore
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
It's kind of disturbing that someone would be so desperate as to see a forum like this as an avenue for such things.

I understand being lonely but geez.

SpyderAnn01
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Alot of judgement here with only one side of the story. :(

Would love to read the emails and pm's sent back to this male , because most men I know would not continue to pursue a female if rejected in the beginning.

Just speaking the truth folks, this is not Lifetime Movie Channel.

Randy, it is not okay to ask for inappropriate things ever not even once.

arntufun
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Randy, it is not okay to ask for inappropriate things ever not even once.

Ann, Where was the post that anyone said anything inappropriate ????? Your speculating that this male did along with everyone else. :lecturef_smilie:

Lamonts post was very vague and it's none of our business what happened, but there are 3 sides to this story. His, hers and the truth. Thats all I ask is everyone keep that in mind before casting stones. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but it could just be a big misunderstanding and it's unfortunate Lamont had to be dragged into it. :thumbup:

spyder3
12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sarge707
12-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I Read everything and never really read anything of this nature BUT if it offended someone it needs to STOP!!
I,m glad Political stuff is Frowned Upon because it Just makes enemies of Friends?nojoke

BajaRon
12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry you had to to this Lamont... but like most everyone else, I'm glad you did.

I am one of the first to poke a little fun into the mix, but some things are just too serious not to take them as such.

And have a little faith in Lamont! Have you ever seen him pull the trigger on someone without giving them more rope than they probably deserve?

We already have more details on this issue than Lamont probably wanted to give out. But for the sake of the community he felt this was the best way to go. Took some courage not to just sweep this under the rug like many would have done.

Lamont has done a very good job with Spyderlovers, the forum and the owners. I'd say he is right on with this call.

Blue Star
12-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Sorry you had to to this Lamont... but like most everyone else, I'm glad you did.

I am one of the first to poke a little fun into the mix, but some things are just too serious not to take them as such.

And have a little faith in Lamont! Have you ever seen him pull the trigger on someone without giving them more rope than they probably deserve?

We already have more details on this issue than Lamont probably wanted to give out. But for the sake of the community he felt this was the best way to go. Took some courage not to just sweep this under the rug like many would have done.

Lamont has done a very good job with Spyderlovers, the forum and the owners. I'd say he is right on with this call.

:agree: and have nothing more to say, but wow :yikes:

Big Arm
12-07-2012, 10:08 PM

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Netminder
12-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I think you handled this just right Lamont! Keep it real!:clap::clap:

coz
12-08-2012, 12:45 AM
this thread needs a lid. just like the M C thread got.:thumbup:

kevorama
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Zero tolerance. Bounce him/them out. This is not match.com or adultfriendfinders.com. I think that most all members of this site would agree with that.

SpyderAnn01
12-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Randy, the woman told her side of the story on another site and asked what she should do. She gave more info on the event than has been given here.