PDA

View Full Version : Its not a spyder but...

spyderraven
12-06-2012, 09:23 AM
this makes me miss the track days but man these guys are insane.... the amount of speed and control they have is impressive to say the least.

I wonder if spyders will ever break into a closed circuit race seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0SjLC_lqk

Bob Denman
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
:2thumbs: After watching some of those bikes squirm; I've got to go take a nap now! :shocked:
Spyders would only be able to get into racing in some sort of Spec-Class: Spyders only series...
It might be fun to watch, but the racing bikes are where the excitement really lies!

spyderraven
12-06-2012, 10:19 AM
:2thumbs: After watching some of those bikes squirm; I've got to go take a nap now! :shocked:
Spyders would only be able to get into racing in some sort of Spec-Class: Spyders only series...
It might be fun to watch, but the racing bikes are where the excitement really lies!

Not often do I watch something that gets my blood pumping but watching this vid sends the adrenaline through the roof.... this track leaves no room for mistakes.

There is another vid of the same track and moto gp king valentino rossi is watching with jaw wide open lol!

Some spec racing with spyders would be very intresting and I personally would love to see it I mean after all there is snowmobile racing and just about every form of bike racing out there in some form or fashion.... of course it would require removing the NANNY SYSTEM!!!

Bob Denman
12-06-2012, 10:34 AM
See? Racing DOES improve the breed! :2thumbs:

...of course it would require removing the NANNY SYSTEM!!!

asp125
12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
That would be fun to see.. a spec Spyder race all trying to be the first across the checkered on limp mode. :roflblack:

ARtraveler
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Great video. :2thumbs:

denviola
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
The few seconds of footage showing a racer carrying the front wheel through a left-hander at speed (3:47) is outstanding!

Bob Denman
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
:shocked: I wet myself watching that... :opps:

Blue Star
12-06-2012, 11:20 PM
A co-worker told me once that he went 200 MPH on a two wheeler once (don't remember what bike it was), and it was the first time he has ever been scared on a bike. Soon after that he sold it, and got a tattoo that said "200 MPH" on his arm.

spyderraven
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
The few seconds of footage showing a racer carrying the front wheel through a left-hander at speed (3:47) is outstanding!

^^^^ the amount of control he displays is uncanny.. thats just knowing the physics of the bike and more seat time on tracks than I can imagine.

spyderraven
12-10-2012, 12:56 PM
A co-worker told me once that he went 200 MPH on a two wheeler once (don't remember what bike it was), and it was the first time he has ever been scared on a bike. Soon after that he sold it, and got a tattoo that said "200 MPH" on his arm.

lol I used to go to a bike night in New Orleans that would be packed with over 250 bikes of all sorts and I would always run into "these" guys talking about there latest top speed and then you would look at there tires and see massive "chicken strips" and just laugh inside. So many sportbike "riders" know so little about there bike and can only do one thing and that is go straight fast.... hence all the people you see on the road with extended forks riding around.

chicken strips for those who dont know are when the back and front tire on a sport bike are only worn out in the very middle showing they do not know how to corner there bike because the outside tread of the tire has never even touched pavement to scuff them in.