PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Spyder is the best thing that could have happened.

shelbydave
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Since buying our Spyder in June, we have met more great folks than we could have imagined existed. Being a "car guy" for years, I would hang around with that crowd, and talk about "Clicky"... I found it hard to find a group of folks I felt like I fit in with, that didn't have all the "drama". Then came the Spyder. Since then, we have met other Spyderlovers, and other bikers who really just like to enjoy the open road! I rarely hear any of the "Harley" stuff I've heard folks talking about, and when I do, it is totally in jest. I have joined the Patriot Guard, and in all honesty, I haven't felt like I "fit in" with a group (of strangers) since my time in the Service! This weekend, while at Breakfast with 2 other spyder couples, we were invited to go on a toy run by a group of bikers at the table behind us. I was totally overwhelmed when we got to the staging area! There was probably about 1500 bikes, and out of all of them, I counted 6 Spyders. Today, was a PGR mission for a veteran of both the Korean and Vietnam wars. He had no blood relatives, so the PGR stood for him, and as his family. What a moving experience! He had probably around 100 "Brothers and Sisters" honoring him!!

What a weekend!!!

What a life!!!

Bob Denman
12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
You're the guy who makes our family so great! :2thumbs: :firstplace:

flamingobabe
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
we have a few groups of people we hang with....the biker people are the most generous, thoughtful, caring and sharing of all...bikers are our favorite...thanks

SpyderAnn01
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
You're absolutely right, Dave.

paulbrinker
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
My wife and I were one of the couples at breakfast with Shelbydave and his wife. He is not exaggerating about the Toys for Tots ride. It was impromptu and one of the best things we have done since owning our Spyder. Awesome.
I recently joined the Patriot Guard and went with Shelbydave on this ride, as my first ride with them. It would really be exceptional if all the Patriot Guard rides were this meaning and turn out.
This has been the best two days of riding since we bought the Spyder. I cannot wait to see what lies ahead.

StriperKing
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I second the biker mentality, more about just living a simpler life and less drama. I would also second the fact I don`t hear all the Harley stuff. All my friends ride Harleys. The best times of the year are when we all go on a ride and just do whatever. All the ice cream and food stops help, lol. Believe it or not I am 49 and still ride with some of the same people I rode with when I was 20. That pretty well sais it all. I love to read these kinds of posts, thanks for the post.

shelbydave
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
we have a few groups of people we hang with....the biker people are the most generous, thoughtful, caring and sharing of all...bikers are our favorite...thanks
Certainly not the stereotype I grew up thinking...

ARtraveler
12-04-2012, 12:57 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Bob Denman
12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Certainly not the stereotype I grew up thinking... I kind of liked a little bit of the sterotype...

btcherm
12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
thank you PGR brother :doorag:( we do need more people to get involved and to show support for our troops and let them know we are behind them 100%):firstplace:5812958130