PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER IS GROWING

spydercoach
11-29-2012, 10:42 PM
its own screws. It must be because i just put my horn on and the pigtails for the battery tender and I have two bolts left with no holes...:yikes: Come on Lamonster, I know after all the bikes you worked on there is a pattern that most people screw up and don't put a bolt back. witch is the most common one to forget:mad:

Bob Denman
11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
This is normal... Every time I take something apart; I end up with spare pieces! I think that if i take an item apart enough times I might end up with enough extra pieces to build another one of them! :shocked:

Lamonster
11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
its own screws. It must be because i just put my horn on and the pigtails for the battery tender and I have two bolts left with no holes...:yikes: Come on Lamonster, I know after all the bikes you worked on there is a pattern that most people screw up and don't put a bolt back. witch is the most common one to forget:mad:

There are holes, you just have to figure out where they are. Take it apart again, I've had to do the same thing more than once.

Bob Denman
11-30-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't like your normal. I like to ride without turning around to pick up parts that just fell off.

But isn't that why they gave us the Frunk?? :roflblack:
:roflblack:

donnellpj
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
You know, the first couple times tearing down your tupperware is a little daunting, and I certainly had my fair share of "spare" parts a time or two.

As you get familiar with the parts, where they go, how they all fit together, etc, etc,...the inventory management will get a little easier.

I still get the occasional "spare" bolt, which immediately leads to "face to palm" technique, but you really will get better at it.

asp125
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
If your Spyder hasn't fallen apart, you probably didn't need it anyway. Just think, the next time you take it apart it'll go faster.

Bob Denman
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
There you go!! :2thumbs: :ohyea::ohyea:

MouthPiece
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Blame it on your dealer tech.
:yikes:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

bertmc
12-01-2012, 12:36 AM
When I have extra bolts I just drill some extra holes to put 'em in.

spydercoach
12-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Well you will be happy to know I found the two missing bolt holes. Turns out to be in the back corners of the facia. Next problem was why did I have one short bolt and one long bolt:pray: Thanks to this sight and (I believe "Lamont") and his video, I figured out where I screwed up. Changed a long bolt with where a short bolt should hav gone and I was set. Turned the bike on and got a VVS light on my dash. :mad:Everything was going sooooooo well. Dug out the manual again and checked the plug under the seat and it was loose. Long and short of it, I'm ready to ride. thanks for all your help

NancysToy
12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Well you will be happy to know I found the two missing bolt holes. Turns out to be in the back corners of the facia. Next problem was why did I have one short bolt and one long bolt:pray: Thanks to this sight and (I believe "Lamont") and his video, I figured out where I screwed up. Changed a long bolt with where a short bolt should hav gone and I was set. Turned the bike on and got a VVS light on my dash. :mad:Everything was going sooooooo well. Dug out the manual again and checked the plug under the seat and it was loose. Long and short of it, I'm ready to ride. thanks for all your help
Short screws go at the rear, under the seat, and beneath the air deflector at the bottom/front. I would recommend getting them in the right places, lest they stick through and damage a panel or component below. Whenever removing fasteners, make not of different sizes and locations.