PDA

View Full Version : electrical help

spyderpoop
11-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I got some led lights to install on my spyder but dont have the know how and not brave enough anyone live near interstate 77 exit 65 south of Charlotte area that know how to install lights on a canam I will asst on installation and pay any cost to you thanks just hope for a good shout out and try to see if anyone is in the area Ride safe eveyone and be happy Rich

Blue Star
11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I got some led lights to install on my spyder but dont have the know how and not brave enough anyone live near interstate 77 exit 65 south of Charlotte area that know how to install lights on a canam I will asst on installation and pay any cost to you thanks just hope for a good shout out and try to see if anyone is in the area Ride safe eveyone and be happy Rich

Wish I was closer to help, as it is not that hard to do. Here is a suggestion that I have learned. Take a 9-volt battery, and connect the wires to make sure the lights work before installing them. This way you know they work before doing all the work to install.

SpyRyd
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM

Don't know what kind of LEDs you have or from where, but if they are from one of the site sponsors you should have detailed installation instructions. I know not doing anything like this before can be somewhat daunting...I felt the same way but can proudly say I installed a fender tips kit, bright sides (front and back), third brake light, mudflap lights, and a break light modulator by just following the installation directions. I made up my mind to "just do it" and I did! The hardest part was getting the "courage" to drill holes in the Tupperware to accommodate the installations.

Good luck with your mods!

paulbrinker
11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I added lights to my 2012 RT Limited this year using Custom Dynamics lights and it was easy. If you need help, I will be happy to assist if you would like to bring it to Concord. PM me if you are interested, and we can discuss the details.

spyderpoop
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
hell guys I,ll find some one I got all winter to get them on as far as easy I tried to connect my heated vest two wires red to battery and black to ground and when I went to connect it to the vest it sparked so I took it all off so its not easy if you are a dummy to start with haha Rich